Socotris?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apollo

VIP
Why are they so dark and look weird?

Any Suugo theories? Because:

- Most of them are 100% Yemeni in origin. There is a small slave class of Zanzibari origin on Socotra who look part Bantu, but those are newcomers and their genes have not spread into all Socotris.

- They are near 90-95% Middle Eastern in origin. High in Y J* and mtDNA R0a. They have almost no Somali ancestry at all. Socotra was settled ~3,000 years ago by South Arabians.

Yet they look like South Indians? And very different from mainland Yemenis.

PB260676.JPG

2012-10-03-DSC01742.jpg

b40073ea5639e3467cf8852b77cd0bc2.jpg

e743122da632dd1c6097e1ee06e168ed.jpg

fixedw_large_2x.jpg

There are non-native Zanj on that island:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Guts

Bosaso iyo Bandar Siyada
VIP
Because their skin is adapting to somali standards, we will take their island when yemen falls

Apollo

VIP
Because their skin is adapting to somali standards, we will take their island when yemen falls

They are not Somali in origin. They are descendants of Yemenis and Omanis who migrated there in the Bronze Age.

Guts

Bosaso iyo Bandar Siyada
VIP
They are not Somali in origin. They are descendants of Yemenis and Omanis who migrated there in the Bronze Age.
Yes, but i’m wondering if they are experiencing any effects of the yemeni civil war

They are south Arabians like mehri in Oman and Yemen they look darker than other Arabs yet are the purest Arabs out there

World

VIP
They are arabs because they live in the Arabian peninsula
Arabs = native Arabic speakers. They don't speak Arabic so they're not Arabs. You just made up that bullshit definition. Also, Socotra is not part of the Arabian peninsula.

Arabs = native Arabic speakers. They don't speak Arabic so they're not Arabs. You just made up that bullshit definition. Also, Socotra is not part of the Arabian peninsula.
Bro they are most definitely Arab they have the highest amount of j1 and their autosomal dna is almost 100% Arabian

Guts

Bosaso iyo Bandar Siyada
VIP
All Arabians, including these dark South Arabians, came from Neolithic herders of the Southern Levant.
Their language are closer related to the ethiopic languages and their skin color is black?

To me, they just look like slightly darker Yemenis. I could be due to being under the harsher sun. I definitely would not mistake them for South Asians.

Status
Not open for further replies.