Socotris?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apollo

VIP
Yemen Mahras on Gedmatch:

They are not homogenous, they have Bantu and Indonesian mixed outliers.

Dodecad K12b:

FbriAGH.png

Green = Ancient Mahras, pre-admixture events.

World

VIP
Yemen Mahras on Gedmatch:

They are not homogenous, they have Bantu and Indonesian mixed outliers.

Dodecad K12b:
What about the East African? It increases from 2.07 in the first sample, to 12.89 in the last sample. That's a lot of variation for a supposedly isolated group.

Apollo

VIP
What about the East African? It increases from 2.07 in the first sample, to 12.89 in the last sample. That's a lot of variation for a supposedly homogenous and isolated group.

I changed it, :lol:

What about now? Only two pure-ish samples:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

By the way, these guys made Indonesians and Malaysians Muslim.

I believe further DNA studies will show that many Red Sea coast dwelling Somali clans harbour South Semites in their midst such as e.g. Reer Idood HJ subclan (but we're originally a tiny coastal dwelling non-Isaaq clan).

World

VIP
I believe further DNA studies will show that many Red Sea coast dwelling Somali clans harbour South Semites in their midst such as e.g. Reer Idood HJ subclan (but we're originally a tiny coastal dwelling non-Isaaq clan).
They will show above noise level Arabian ancestry(around 5 % max), but that's about it.

Apollo

VIP
Skin color can change rather fast. Europe used to have the same skin tone as these Socotris only a few thousand years ago.

World

VIP
Skin color can change rather fast. Europe used to have the same skin tone as these Socotris only a few thousand years ago.
The light skinned Socotris died out whilst the darker ones procreated. I guess the East African / Nilotic admixture gave them a genetic advantage lol.

Last edited:

Apollo

VIP
The light skinned Socotris died out whilst the darker ones procreated. I guess the East African / Nilotic admixture gave them a genetic advantage lol.

Well, technically, all Arabs (even Syrian types) have alleles for dark skin. Socotris are the Southernmost West Eurasians and probably adapted to their environment by selecting for dark skin alleles.

These are the known alleles:

U4LbhSj.png

Well, technically, all Arabs (even Syrian types) have the alleles for dark skin. Socotris are the Southernmost West Eurasians and probably adapted to their environment by selecting for dark skin alleles.
War ninyahow don't Somalis have the alleles for light skin I wonder if diaspora will become lighter over the next thousand years it already is happening to a lesser extent many diaspora look lighter than Somalis in Somalia

World

VIP
Well, technically, all Arabs (even Syrian types) have the alleles for dark skin. Socotris are the Southernmost West Eurasians and probably adapted to their environment by selecting for dark skin alleles.
Does that mean all non-Africans have alleles for dark skin as well?

World

VIP
War ninyahow don't Somalis have the alleles for light skin I wonder if diaspora will become lighter over the next thousand years it already is happening to a lesser extent many diaspora look lighter than Somalis in Somalia
There is no genetic pressure for light skin anymore, but hypothetically if 1000 Somalis were dropped in Norway 3000 years ago(maybe less, not sure) then yes they'll probably be white skinned today if they didn't acquire Vitamin D from food sources.

Apollo

VIP

See the above chart.

They also tested those on zebrafish and mice:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The concept of being "arab" in our day and age goes beyond what tribe you belong to or even your origin, like the old days. Being Arab depends on what country you belong to. They are Yemeni so we class them as Arabs. However, their origins might be different and might not even have that much arab blood.

Status
Not open for further replies.