Social justice victory as Saudi Arabia allow women to drive proving the power of progress/feminisme

Status
Not open for further replies.
No it's not. Somali women don't need male guardians to allow them to go school and work by law. Somali women were never prevented from driving. The only issue we've ever had in women's rights was FGM but that's already being phased out and it's illegal.

Shamis

That is true, but many Salafis insist on women not to travel alone but only with a weli.
Finally. This is a step in the right direction.

Hilaac
It is, but the Al-Saud authorities don't know how the House of Abdiwahab and their supporters would react, therefore, they established a committee to advice the government if changes such as, a weli authorising women to get a license and every time they drive it would be approved by a male weli who signs a log book she should carry in the car with her included in the legislation.

Shamis

That is true, but many Salafis insist on women not to travel alone but only with a weli.

I travel alone without muxram and my family are very religious. I've never known of a Somali girl who wasn't allowed to travel, we're international and even live abroad and work abroad without muxram.

I travel alone without muxram and my family are very religious. I've never known of a Somali girl who wasn't allowed to travel, we're international and even live abroad and work abroad without muxram.

Shamis

I was discussing the Saudi law and not this Wahhabi weli nonsense that some Somalis follow. The Saudis created a committee to advise the government if changes such as a weli allowing the woman to get a license or every time she drives included in the new law.

Shamis

I was discussing the Saudi law and not this Wahhabi weli nonsense that some Somalis follow. The Saudis created a committee to advise the government if changes such as a weli allowing the woman to get a license or every time she drives included in the new law.

They will eventually change that law too and Saudi women are already fighting it. Remember Saudi Arabia only banned slavery in the 1960's so they're behind the rest of the world in social advancement.

They will eventually change that law too and Saudi women are already fighting it. Remember Saudi Arabia only banned slavery in the 1960's so they're behind the rest of the world in social advancement.

Shamis

I'm not worried about the Saudis but the Somalis imitating them and want to adopt their cultural baggage as religion. They definitely practice 7th Century Islamic Laws when it comes to the affairs of women like when that girls school burnt in Mecca and those little girls who escaped from the fire were forcefully returned back to the burning buildings because they were deemed naked by the lack of hijab on their heads and faces and they perished in the fire. It's their problem, but these Somali salafis want to import such culture into the Somalis.

Little has been written about the news that the new Tunisian government wants to abolish a law (introduced by the last secular dictator) that prohibits Tunisian women to marry non-Muslim men. If the law passes parliament, they will be allowed to marry whomever they want like their fellow male Tunisians. That is what I consider progress.

World

VIP
That's haram though.

Al-Bukhaari (1729) and Muslim (2391) narrated that Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “No woman should travel except with a mahram.”

That's haram though.

Al-Bukhaari (1729) and Muslim (2391) narrated that Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “No woman should travel except with a mahram.”

World

They need a male guardian just like domestic animals like sheep, cattle and camels, otherwise, they will get lost or be stolen? What a religion!!!

Put that Hadith in context and the dangers that existed in travelling them alone on the back of a camel during that era, did you see women kidnapped while driving and shopping or flying on a plane today?

World

VIP
Somalis were engaging in slavery less than 100 years ago. Were it not for the Italian fascists who banned it, then it would have very well continued past the 21st century.

Hybrid

Death Awaits You
Somalia is or will be just as bad as Saudi Arabia. Lots of superstition is wrapped up in Islam so following strict Islamic laws will lead to backwardness. Soon in Somalia, shaking the hand of the opposite sex will be considered taboo.

Saudi is changing really fast under MBS, reports of them working with US to change saudi textbooks to make it more moderate. Israel saying Saudi relations have reached new levels never seen before and even tourism is being considered on an island they will make that will be exempt from most Saudi laws ie. drinking and nudity will be allowed etc..
Although I applaud this long overdue change that had to happen, the other reforms I stated may cause a lot of tension within conservative Saudi.

Somalia is or will be just as bad as Saudi Arabia. Lots of superstition is wrapped up in Islam so following strict Islamic laws will lead to backwardness. Soon in Somalia, shaking the hand of the opposite sex will be considered taboo.

Vampire

It already is and not in Somalia but Somalis in the diaspora. I no longer offer to shake hands with any woman wearing a hijab. There were stories of hijabi women claiming their children were born out of wedlock to gain access to single motherhood welfare but refusing to shake hands with male staff at the welfare office because of religious limitations. Zina yes, but no hand-shaking. It is political Islam showing it's ugly head.

Hybrid

Death Awaits You
Vampire

It already is and not in Somalia but Somalis in the diaspora. I no longer offer to shake hands with any woman wearing a hijab. There were stories of hijabi women claiming their children were born out of wedlock to gain access to single motherhood welfare but refusing to shake hands with male staff at the welfare office because of religious limitations. Zina yes, but no hand-shaking. It is political Islam showing it's ugly head.
Loool. This happened to me recently. I don't pray or go to the mosque but I did go to the mosque with family members on eid day. I tried to to shake hands with my jilbaab wearing cousin that I haven't seen in a long time and she wouldn't shake my hand. She actually had no problem shaking my hands before. It was awkward af.
You live in Australia ?

Hybrid

Death Awaits You
Loool. This happened to me recently. I don't pray or go to the mosque but I did go to the mosque with family members on eid day. I tried to to shake hands with my jilbaab wearing cousin that I haven't seen in a long time and she wouldn't shake my hand. She actually had no problem shaking my hands before. It was awkward af.
You live in Australia ?
And she was a typical welfare abusing xalimo with 6 kids born out of wedlock (on paper)

You live in Australia ?

Vampire

Yep, a former schoolmate who works in Centrelink (welfare office) told me about them and asked me, what sect do they follow? Alshabaab was my reply.

Gave once a lift to a jilbabi cousin to some Islamic youth centre/mosque near Tullamarine airport where the jihadis hang, she sat in the backseat and kept answering her phone with akhi, ukhti and I can't talk now and it was the weirdest 45 minutes trip I ever made. She threw her jilbab off now and is a semi-professional twerk dancer somewhere in Sydney. A burnt out Salafi.

Ladies and gentlemen this is a distraction from the fact that Saudi Arabia is being set up for a huge civil unrest which will lead to it's demise, there's gonna be many terrorist cells that's gonna destroy the country when the Zionist west forces them Saudis to be more moderate, just watch

Last edited:

Hybrid

Death Awaits You
Vampire

Yep, a former schoolmate who works in Centrelink (welfare office) told me about them and asked me, what sect do they follow? Alshabaab was my reply.

Gave once a lift to a jilbabi cousin to some Islamic youth centre/mosque near Tullamarine airport where the jihadis hang, she sat in the backseat and kept answering her phone with akhi, ukhti and I can't talk now and it was the weirdest 45 minutes trip I ever made. She threw her jilbab off now and is a semi-professional twerk dancer somewhere in Sydney. A burnt out Salafi.
Tbh, I would rather have a stripper as my sister than a weird, crazy salafi

Ladies and gentlemen this is a distraction from the fact that Saudi Arabia is being set up for a huge civil unrest which will lead to it's demise, there's gonna be many terrorist cells that's gonna destroy the country when the Zionist west forces them Saudis to be more moderate, just watch

Xamar

So you think the "zionists" are behind for women to be granted their rights to drive cars? Aren't you moderate enough to seek asylum in the "decadent" & "pro Zionist" Western world? Or, your presence is for waging a jihad in the west?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending