CaliTedesse

I ❤️ Islam & Aabo Kush. Anti-BBB Anti-Inbred
VIP
upload_2019-11-2_17-2-35.png

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
@Yukon_Niner

I have seen the projected precipitation and rainfalls, but how will that make the south slightly greener? Even if it eventuates, floods would be the norm.

This is the U.N's own reports.

https://www.un.org/en/climatechange/disasters-resilience-land-management.shtml
I mean I assume most countries with regular flooding are green like Bangladesh and Viet Nam. It'll probably be useful to some farmer or nomad in a drought stricken area of Somalia but damaging to anyone by the major rivers or dried out rivers that could appear again.

In the mean time droughts should still be common so don't expect huge changes.

CaliTedesse

VIP
I will never ever want anything to do with Baladwayne again

upload_2019-11-2_17-6-17.png

other than Hassan Aden Samatar his song....

Was watching the news, somewhere I was so happy not seeing Somalia on the news anymore, but guess the cursed nation of gaajos and famine popped up on my t.v. haunting me forever. yes rains caused a flood in Badwe as the man said but I know he meant Baidoa . What a pain in the ass. Trying to avoid the horrific news from that part of the word is just not realistic , it will haunt me till I die.
Lmfao just stick to sports only

I mean I assume most countries with regular flooding are green like Bangladesh and Viet Nam. It'll probably be useful to some farmer or nomad in a drought stricken area of Somalia but damaging to anyone by the major rivers or dried out rivers that could appear again.

In the mean time droughts should still be common so don't expect huge changes.

@Yukon_Niner

Africa which is one of the world’s driest continents is facing a very severe water crisis. Over 90% of Sub-Saharan Africa agriculture is rain-fed, and mainly under smallholder management (Batino and Waswa, 2011). As per the WHO/UNICEF report more than one billion people still use unsafe drinking water. The African river system identifies three river systems (de Wit and Stankiewicz, 2006) i.e. the areas receiving very low rainfall have virtually no perennial drainage (dry regime), then the areas with an intermediate range in which drainage density increases with increasing rainfall (intermediate rainfall regime) and the areas of high rainfall (high rainfall regime). The dry regime covers the largest area of the African continent i.e. approximately 41%, but most important is the intermediate rainfall regime which covers approximately 25% because this is the area where changes to precipitation would result in serious changes in drainage supply. Further as predicted by an ensemble of global climate change models by the second part of this century, climate change would directly affect African countries, 75% of which belongs to the intermediate stage. Fig. 2 shows the present rainfall regimes in t Africa and Fig. 3 shows the expected changes in the precipitation by the end of the 21st century on the basis of the composite of 21 leading fully coupled GCMs adapted by IPCC for forecasting purposes (CSAG, 2002). The studies conducted by several researchers predict that the crop yield will decline and the crop water demand will increase in the African continent especially in the dry land farms. A net 2.5 °C rise in temperature in Africa will result in a decline of net revenues from agriculture by US$ 23 billion (Kurukulasuriya and Mendelson, 2007). Thus it has become necessary now to take very seriously the impact of climate change on the present water resources and take necessary actions without any further delay.

1-s2.0-S221260901400020X-gr2.jpg

1. Download : Download full-size image
Fig. 2. Precipitation in the African continent at the end of 20th century (source: de Wit and Stankiewicz, 2006).

1-s2.0-S221260901400020X-gr3.jpg

Fig. 3. Predicted changes in the precipitation in the African continent due to climate change at the end of the 21st century (source: de Wit and Stankiewicz, 2006).

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S221260901400020X

CaliTedesse

VIP
What did Farmaajo do for Beledweyne?

I saw this image pop up. He mustve done something big

74327375_510683116450621_7018105535236931584_n.jpg

Was watching the news, somewhere I was so happy not seeing Somalia on the news anymore, but guess the cursed nation of gaajos and famine popped up on my t.v. haunting me forever. yes rains caused a flood in Badwe as the man said but I know he meant Baidoa . What a pain in the ass. Trying to avoid the horrific news from that part of the word is just not realistic , it will haunt me till I die.
South Somalia will become slightly greener thanks to climate change according to various studies.
Bro, chill with the negative threads. Qiyama will never happen until Arab lands become green again. That includes somalia. So, I ain’t tripping.

CaliTedesse

VIP
Bro, chill with the negative threads. Qiyama will never happen until Arab lands become green again. That includes somalia. So, I ain’t tripping.
You are negative hoyada wase this is just how I am I have positive outlook on life but I am realistic abaha wasse

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
@Yukon_Niner

Africa which is one of the world’s driest continents is facing a very severe water crisis. Over 90% of Sub-Saharan Africa agriculture is rain-fed, and mainly under smallholder management (Batino and Waswa, 2011). As per the WHO/UNICEF report more than one billion people still use unsafe drinking water. The African river system identifies three river systems (de Wit and Stankiewicz, 2006) i.e. the areas receiving very low rainfall have virtually no perennial drainage (dry regime), then the areas with an intermediate range in which drainage density increases with increasing rainfall (intermediate rainfall regime) and the areas of high rainfall (high rainfall regime). The dry regime covers the largest area of the African continent i.e. approximately 41%, but most important is the intermediate rainfall regime which covers approximately 25% because this is the area where changes to precipitation would result in serious changes in drainage supply. Further as predicted by an ensemble of global climate change models by the second part of this century, climate change would directly affect African countries, 75% of which belongs to the intermediate stage. Fig. 2 shows the present rainfall regimes in t Africa and Fig. 3 shows the expected changes in the precipitation by the end of the 21st century on the basis of the composite of 21 leading fully coupled GCMs adapted by IPCC for forecasting purposes (CSAG, 2002). The studies conducted by several researchers predict that the crop yield will decline and the crop water demand will increase in the African continent especially in the dry land farms. A net 2.5 °C rise in temperature in Africa will result in a decline of net revenues from agriculture by US$ 23 billion (Kurukulasuriya and Mendelson, 2007). Thus it has become necessary now to take very seriously the impact of climate change on the present water resources and take necessary actions without any further delay.

1-s2.0-S221260901400020X-gr2.jpg

Fig. 2. Precipitation in the African continent at the end of 20th century (source: de Wit and Stankiewicz, 2006).

1-s2.0-S221260901400020X-gr3.jpg

Fig. 3. Predicted changes in the precipitation in the African continent due to climate change at the end of the 21st century (source: de Wit and Stankiewicz, 2006).

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S221260901400020X
Interesting, I decided to dig a little deeper
https://www.climatechangenews.com/2017/07/13/scientists-say-east-africa-will-get-wetter-drying/
Just as one particularly cold winter doesn’t disprove the existence of long-term climate change, events such as the strong El Niño experienced in the region in 2015 could cloud the picture, she says. While in the long run the region’s climate might get wetter, in the short-term other phenomena could bring a few years of drought.

“Maybe the underlying wet trend has not emerged yet,” says Giannini. “We can’t really say that the models are wrong. What we are looking for is an explanation that includes elements of all these processes, that can explain everything, drought now and possibly long-term wetter conditions.”

“In any kind of projection it’s very important to look at the uncertainty” says John Marsham, climate scientist with the University of Leeds in the UK. Reflecting the chaotic nature of the climate system, models do not always return the same result, even when they run on the same inputs.

“Within the wide range of models available, some will not say [the weather] is going to get wetter. In addition, the apparent mis-match between the recent drying trend and the wetting in many model projections could be due to the current trends being generated by climate drivers that our models are not capturing,” says Marsham.

Models imagine the landscapes of future climates by plotting the influence of a variety of factors affecting the Earth, known as forcings. Some are natural, such as volcanic eruptions or the energy output of the sun. Others are generated by humans, such as the increasing concentration of greenhouse gases due to our fossil fuel-based industry.

Depending on the forcings included in the blueprint and the computing power of each model, which determines it’s complexity, the results might vary. Models also deal slightly differently with factors such as clouds or climate sensitivity, namely the amount of warming for any given amount of greenhouse gas.

https://www.researchgate.net/public...t_and_Future_Rainfall_Trends_over_East_Africa
Reconciling Past and Future Rainfall Trends over East Africa
ArticleinJournal of Climate 28(24):151007153031001 · October 2015 with 332 Reads 
DOI: 10.1175/JCLI-D-15-0140.1

Abstract
The "long rains" season of East Africa has recently experienced a series of devastating droughts, whereas the majority of climate models predict increasing rainfall for the coming decades. This has been termed the East African climate paradox and has implications for developing viable adaptation policies. A logical framework is adopted that leads to six key hypotheses that could explain this paradox. The first hypothesis that the recent observed trend is due to poor quality data is promptly rejected. An initial judgment on the second hypothesis that the projected trend is founded on poor modeling is beyond the scope of a single study. Analysis of a natural variability hypothesis suggests this is unlikely to have been the dominant driver of recent droughts, although it may have contributed. The next two hypotheses explore whether the balance between competing forcings could be changing. Regarding the possibility that the past trend could be due to changing anthropogenic aerosol emissions, the results of sensitivity experiments are highly model dependent, but some show a significant impact on the patterns of tropical SST trends, aspects of which likely caused the recent long rains droughts. Further experiments suggest land-use changes are unlikely to have caused the recent droughts. The last hypothesis that the response to CO2 emissions is nonlinear explains no more than 10% of the contrast between recent and projected trends. In conclusion, it is recommended that research priorities now focus on providing a process-based expert judgment of the reliability of East Africa projections, improving the modeling of aerosol impacts on rainfall, and better understanding the relevant natural variability.

Could be time or a mistake. Could be a paradox for all we know is all I managed to get out of this.

I think I might be correct with the whole it's going to get wetter in the long term, either that or a bunch of scientists made a mistake multiple times.

CaliTedesse

VIP
Interesting, I decided to dig a little deeper
https://www.climatechangenews.com/2017/07/13/scientists-say-east-africa-will-get-wetter-drying/
Just as one particularly cold winter doesn’t disprove the existence of long-term climate change, events such as the strong El Niño experienced in the region in 2015 could cloud the picture, she says. While in the long run the region’s climate might get wetter, in the short-term other phenomena could bring a few years of drought.

“Maybe the underlying wet trend has not emerged yet,” says Giannini. “We can’t really say that the models are wrong. What we are looking for is an explanation that includes elements of all these processes, that can explain everything, drought now and possibly long-term wetter conditions.”

“In any kind of projection it’s very important to look at the uncertainty” says John Marsham, climate scientist with the University of Leeds in the UK. Reflecting the chaotic nature of the climate system, models do not always return the same result, even when they run on the same inputs.

“Within the wide range of models available, some will not say [the weather] is going to get wetter. In addition, the apparent mis-match between the recent drying trend and the wetting in many model projections could be due to the current trends being generated by climate drivers that our models are not capturing,” says Marsham.

Models imagine the landscapes of future climates by plotting the influence of a variety of factors affecting the Earth, known as forcings. Some are natural, such as volcanic eruptions or the energy output of the sun. Others are generated by humans, such as the increasing concentration of greenhouse gases due to our fossil fuel-based industry.

Depending on the forcings included in the blueprint and the computing power of each model, which determines it’s complexity, the results might vary. Models also deal slightly differently with factors such as clouds or climate sensitivity, namely the amount of warming for any given amount of greenhouse gas.

https://www.researchgate.net/public...t_and_Future_Rainfall_Trends_over_East_Africa
Reconciling Past and Future Rainfall Trends over East Africa
ArticleinJournal of Climate 28(24):151007153031001 · October 2015 with 332 Reads 
DOI: 10.1175/JCLI-D-15-0140.1

Abstract
The "long rains" season of East Africa has recently experienced a series of devastating droughts, whereas the majority of climate models predict increasing rainfall for the coming decades. This has been termed the East African climate paradox and has implications for developing viable adaptation policies. A logical framework is adopted that leads to six key hypotheses that could explain this paradox. The first hypothesis that the recent observed trend is due to poor quality data is promptly rejected. An initial judgment on the second hypothesis that the projected trend is founded on poor modeling is beyond the scope of a single study. Analysis of a natural variability hypothesis suggests this is unlikely to have been the dominant driver of recent droughts, although it may have contributed. The next two hypotheses explore whether the balance between competing forcings could be changing. Regarding the possibility that the past trend could be due to changing anthropogenic aerosol emissions, the results of sensitivity experiments are highly model dependent, but some show a significant impact on the patterns of tropical SST trends, aspects of which likely caused the recent long rains droughts. Further experiments suggest land-use changes are unlikely to have caused the recent droughts. The last hypothesis that the response to CO2 emissions is nonlinear explains no more than 10% of the contrast between recent and projected trends. In conclusion, it is recommended that research priorities now focus on providing a process-based expert judgment of the reliability of East Africa projections, improving the modeling of aerosol impacts on rainfall, and better understanding the relevant natural variability.

Could be time or a mistake. Could be a paradox for all we know is all I managed to get out of this.

I think I might be correct with the whole it's going to get wetter in the long term, either that or a bunch of scientists made a mistake multiple times.
audibillahi waa maxay waxan thesis miya?

@Yukon_Niner

These hypothesis are based on models that predict heavy wetter conditions that most of the continent aren’t prepared to deal with and that’s why these scientists are discussing adaptation models that are very costly to implement. Either way, we are screwed.

Trending

Latest posts