So my parents are going to Xamar for the first time since forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's it like I'm getting goosebumps thinking about what might happen looking through the news with shootings/explosions/suicide bombers

I'm getting anxious about their safety, how safe is Mogdishu were they exaggerating/pushing it with the news

What's it like I'm getting goosebumps thinking about what might happen looking through the news with shootings/explosions/suicide bombers

I'm getting anxious about their safety, how safe is Mogdishu were they exaggerating/pushing it with the news

The media are just showing you the instability of Somalia, which comes in a package of great deals for many party's. For example it's another way of extending Amisom forces, another way to halt investment in the capital, another way to restrict Somalia from growth, another way to keep Somalia dependant on aid. There are many YouTube vloggers in Somalia who journal and show you the reality in Mogadishu. I hope you parents have a safe journey Inshallah.

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
As long as they don't hang out with government officia or are seen as part of the government no one will pay attention. Most importantly you tell them to stay clear of hotel cafes where gov people congregate

The city is saturated with diasporas.

The media are just showing you the instability of Somalia, which comes in a package of great deals for many party's. For example it's another way of extending Amisom forces, another way to halt investment in the capital, another way to restrict Somalia from growth, another way to keep Somalia dependant on aid. There are many YouTube vloggers in Somalia who journal and show you the reality in Mogadishu. I hope you parents have a safe journey Inshallah.
I hope that it's all fabricated just checked vids post 2010s looks like it's developing but what's worrying me that their contract my Dad and Mom's cousin is a member of the parliament like what @menace mentioned

They will be safe just stay away from hotels that politicians stay. My father is Mogadishu now

They will be safe just stay away from hotels that politicians stay. My father is Mogadishu now
That is part of the problem their guide is a member of SFG which makes the matter frightening. Since they had urgent business they're not on a vacation they'll be going through Government buildings/ institutions revising their papers for lost property and all that mumbo jumbo didn't pay attention honestly

That is part of the problem their guide is a member of SFG which makes the matter frightening. Since they had urgent business they're not on a vacation they'll be going through Government buildings/ institutions revising their papers for lost property and all that mumbo jumbo didn't pay attention honestly

They will be fine don't worry

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
I hope that it's all fabricated just checked vids post 2010s looks like it's developing but what's worrying me that their contract my Dad and Mom's cousin is a member of the parliament like what @menace mentioned

I'm sorry to inform you but let your parents know they are a target. If they wanna be save you must inform them to let go of that relative. He must not come anywhere near them bc he is the source of all evil

let a local service provider do the property staff and dont hang out near gov buildings too much and obey the fking law.

Make sure they don't stay in famous hotels, or the ones government officials go to.

Like others said, completely avoid all politicians and no one should bother them....

Lostbox

γ€ŒImmortal Sage」| Qabil-fluid
VIP
My dad went last year, it is was pretty safe if you stay a way form the government. At the same time it was not like how it was before were there was gun fights and explosions a every corner of the street, it become a rarity( I was shocked to hear that too).

He also said it's more civilised then you think. It has become more functioning with transportation, small business and cafes, it not dangerous to walk outside but the roads, building nearly everything is still broken and you can see so many people struggling to make ends meat.

Last edited:
Thanks for the incite fams, really alleviated my stress with the posts I had a talk with my parents turned out they were staying for a week before going back its not even that much to worry about as long as they're not seen with officials and avoid being in popular destinations.
Shouldn't they be visiting Badhan & Las Qoray?
I don't know my father wants to sell grandfathers land in xamar but the papers were lost somewhere that's the gist of it

Lands in Xamar are becoming expensive, my dad's friend got offered 2 million from a Chinese company for a plot of land right next to Mogadishu airport. They wanted to build a hotel, with 50/50 stake.

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
Thanks for the incite fams, really alleviated my stress with the posts I had a talk with my parents turned out they were staying for a week before going back its not even that much to worry about as long as they're not seen with officials and avoid being in popular destinations.

I don't know my father wants to sell grandfathers land in xamar but the papers were lost somewhere that's the gist of it

Red flag...kiss your parents goodbye! That's one of the greatest danger in Xamar, you gonna step on someone's foot and he'll hire a guy to kill for just $30

Hemaal

Jet life till my next life
VIP
Adeer ma naxaysid.
But you're telling the truth, if there's one thing I have learned in Xamar is that people hire hitman if you pose some sort of danger and most of it is because of businesses and land disputes!

Red flag...kiss your parents goodbye! That's one of the greatest danger in Xamar, you gonna step on someone's foot and he'll hire a guy to kill for just $30
Adeer ma naxaysid.
But you're telling the truth, if there's one thing I have learned in Xamar is that people hire hitman if you pose some sort of danger and most of it is because of businesses and land disputes!
Is this even legit why bother with a peace of deserted dusty land ?

Man if there's something I could do to make things better but my Dad is really won't budge I doubt they'd pull anything like that
It's not the 90s/early 2000s people must have grew out of petty disputes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts