So I went to see a therapist for the 1st time.

Mental health is now a growing concern here in the West especially in the UK. It's becoming more normal to open up. People look after their physical health - why not your mental/psychological health too?

I've had lots of personal problems which I've not really discussed with family because to put it bluntly, I don't think they would understand.

So I figured why not see a professional. So I searched for someone meeting 3 criteria: Male, over 40, lived within 50km radius.

I found him. We arranged to meet after I finished work. His office was very sophisticated. Easy cummutable distance and I got there quickly. He seemed friendly, looks slightly older in person (which is fine). We sat down and he offered me a glass of water, then I chatted away. For 1hr. I kept talking non-stop. About my life, my issues, my struggles, areas I need to work on etc.

Then after it was all over he said... "I don't know about you, but I'm actually exhausted listening to you"...

:wtf:

That's it! I won't be booking another session with him again! WTF!!

What a scumbag, what type of professional says that? Saying that could deter some people from trying therapy another time. Why male over 40 tho?

What a scumbag, what type of professional says that? Saying that could deter some people from trying therapy another time. Why male over 40 tho?

EXACTLY!

I remember reading somewhere that life begins for people when they hit 40 (middle age). I figured someone over 40 would have enough life and career experience to discharge sensible advice. I dont want young therapists. Too inexperienced.

you don't need therapy, how you gonna go to someone to tell you about yourself? they can't go inside your brain to check it like they can see in ur body with xrays and heal physical ailments, going to a therapist is a hit or miss. And they don't have a magic antidote that can clear away your worries.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Mental health is now a growing concern here in the West especially in the UK. It's becoming more normal to open up. People look after their physical health - why not your mental/psychological health too?

I've had lots of personal problems which I've not really discussed with family because to put it bluntly, I don't think they would understand.

So I figured why not see a professional. So I searched for someone meeting 3 criteria: Male, over 40, lived within 50km radius.

I found him. We arranged to meet after I finished work. His office was very sophisticated. Easy cummutable distance and I got there quickly. He seemed friendly, looks slightly older in person (which is fine). We sat down and he offered me a glass of water, then I chatted away. For 1hr. I kept talking non-stop. About my life, my issues, my struggles, areas I need to work on etc.

Then after it was all over he said... "I don't know about you, but I'm actually exhausted listening to you"...

lool

He should not have said that. Totally unprofessional. Lol

Are you sure-- u thought he said that? U strike me as a drama queen.

Anyway-- how did it feel after unleashing your thoughts and concern? Relief?

Yusuf Abdi Ali Rashid

King of Prussia

Therapy is fake my son, it’s a lie the yahuudis made in order to make a quick buck. This lie quickly turned into a multi billion dollar industry. Instead of using your cash to pay for a “therapist” you should go ball out and get yourself a nice meal from mcdonald’s.

EA5209EA-F214-4E68-A011-BC08C2069413.jpeg

Find someone Somali and Muslim. I would say see a counselor more than a therapist. You want tangible solutions to change your life not rehashing and talking about issues alone. They will more than likely be able to understand you from many angles that a cadaan or non-Muslim will never be able to. Gaalo can sympathize only. They don’t understand our background or the environment we grow up in.

Last edited:

hinters

E pluribus unum
VIP
lool

He should not have said that. Totally unprofessional. Lol

Are you sure-- u thought he said that? U strike me as a drama queen.

Anyway-- how did it feel after unleashing your thoughts and concern? Relief?

Attachments

• C06CE3B1-DC16-49A1-97E9-2B85417FA454.png
    C06CE3B1-DC16-49A1-97E9-2B85417FA454.png
    64.7 KB · Views: 21

are u a man or woman