Snacks' DNA results (Stop calling me Oromo)

If I only It was in the uk. I'd love to see where issaq family originate from
giphy.gif
🤣 have someone in the US buy one for you, send it to you, you spit in it, send it back to the person in the US, and they send it back to them :hmm:

greyhound stone

The Boss💎
VIP
🤣 have someone in the US buy one for you, send it to you, you spit in it, send it back to the person in the US, and they send it back to them :hmm:
Only problem is I don't know anyone in the states personally. I know I have family over there but I don't know them personally :kendrickcry:

My dads side originates from the Middle East/Arabs, my moms side is Persians (Iranians) who aren't actual arabs but took over the Middle East. But before all that, they started in East Africa. I think the story is this: A group of people were in East Africa, they migrated to the Middle East and stayed their for a couple hundred/thousands of years, then migrated back. (Remember this is all ancient). That would explain why Somalis have up to 40% eurasian admixture and have some features that other africans dont have

My dads side originates from the Middle East/Arabs, my moms side is Persians (Iranians) who aren't actual arabs but took over the Middle East. But before all that, they started in East Africa. I think the story is this: A group of people were in East Africa, they migrated to the Middle East and stayed their for a couple hundred/thousands of years, then migrated back. (Remember this is all ancient). That would explain why Somalis have up to 40% eurasian admixture and have some features that other africans dont have

We are related through the maternal lineage, R0a2

Apollo

VIP
Wait, how is his maternal one "R" not middle eastern/non african?

Out of Africa lineages have been in Northern Africa and the Red Sea region for a few thousand years. He is referring to this.

It is not like his great grandmother in the 1700s was a full Arab. Some of these lineages can go back as ancient as 9,000 years ago.

Out of Africa lineages have been in Northern Africa and the Red Sea region for a few thousand years. He is referring to this.

It is not like his great grandmother in the 1700s was a full Arab. Some of these lineages can go back as ancient as 9,000 years ago.
I have like 8 individuals with that mtDNA on 23andMe, which seems very common among the diverse set.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Your maternal haplogroup is closer to Saudis and Egyptians kkkk

Not true. R0a is a very common Somali mtDNA. It pops up in every study and among commercially tested Somalis all the time. It's not any less native than my own common N1a which is also common in Arabia. We share many mtDNA HGs with Arabs

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP

You're just another run of the mill Geeljire, walaal. Your autosomal DNA makes that clear enough. There is close to no genetic difference between you and a random dude in Woqooyi, Mudug or Bay. Your mother's mtDNA is also common among Somalis and entered our gene pool along with all the other Eurasian lineages many thousands of years ago around Sudan/Egypt like M1a, N1a, N1b, I, K1a, U3a, U9a and so on.

The only remarkable thing is perhaps your clan's Y-DNA which lately is starting to look like it did indeed enter the Horn late and is different from the T1a in Ethiopians, Eritreans and possibly even some Somalis like Hawiyes. Probably came with camel domestication around 2,000 years ago but the people who brought it had clearly mixed into the Somali gene pool so much over the last 2 millennia that their descendants are now, in terms of autosomal DNA and mtDNA frequencies, completely indistinguishable from other Geeljires.

You're not really anymore "Middle-Eastern" than any other Somali. Some minor few honestly show more of a shift in their 23andme auDNA results than you.

You're just another run of the mill Geeljire, walaal. Your autosomal DNA makes that clear enough. There is close to no genetic difference between you and a random dude in Woqooyi, Mudug or Bay. Your mother's mtDNA is also common among Somalis and entered our gene pool along with all the other Eurasian lineages many thousands of years ago around Sudan/Egypt like M1a, N1a, N1b, I, K1a, U3a, U9a and so on.

The only remarkable thing is perhaps your clan's Y-DNA which lately is starting to look like it did indeed enter the Horn late and is different from the T1a in Ethiopians, Eritreans and possibly even some Somalis like Hawiyes. Probably came with camel domestication around 2,000 years ago but the people who brought it had clearly mixed into the Somali gene pool so much over the last 2 millennia that their descendants are now, in terms of autosomal DNA and mtDNA frequencies, completely indistinguishable from other Geeljires.

You're not really anymore "Middle-Eastern" than any other Somali. Some minor few honestly show more of a shift in their 23andme auDNA results than you.
Obviously nigga

Trending

Latest posts