Skincare + Makeup Tips

Double cleansing: This is a step before using regular foaming cleanser that involves using OIL to remove all traces of makeup, sunscreen, and pollutants from the environment that got trapped in your skin. This tip may sound scary, especially to those with oily skin or have problems with breakouts, but the science behind this is OIL DISSOLVES OIL (and oil based impurities).

HOW TO DO THIS:
1. On dry, unwashed skin, get an oil based cleanser (or a natural oil such as olive, almond,etc) and rub all over face to dissolve makeup, and other impurities on the surface of the skin. Rinse oil cleanser with WARM/HOT water to open pores for second step

2. Apply foaming/gel based cleanser to remove WATER BASED IMPURITIES (sweat, dirt & grime) from pores and finish off by splashing COLD WATER to close the pores

3. Follow up with the rest of your skincare (toners, serums,moisturisers)

Been doing this for a few months now and my skin looks and feels like glass :banderas:This extra cleansing step will really change your skincare game!
Feel free to post other tips and let me know how this works out for you! :salute:

BobSmoke

Flying over your heads
I use those nivea men face wash before shower and end the shower with cold water. Makes the beard shine better too

Once every now n then I wash my face and beard with diluted acv.

I just use any unperfumed body lotion on my face.
And some fragrant coconut oil on my beard.

Bronco

GEELJIRE WITH NO GEEL
I've stopped my normal basic routine because my skin started feeling frail and irritated, not holding hydration etc. But then as soon as I stop, my skin gets fucked for a couple of days before returning to normal. I think my normal routine is too harsh.

Anyone have any success with just using cold water? I might have to try that next - but I don't think it'll work

I've stopped my normal basic routine because my skin started feeling frail and irritated, not holding hydration etc. But then as soon as I stop, my skin gets fucked for a couple of days before returning to normal. I think my normal routine is too harsh.

Anyone have any success with just using cold water? I might have to try that next - but I don't think it'll work
you should always wash ur face with warm water maybe u have sensitive skin?? or get rid of the products which irritate your skin

Bronco

GEELJIRE WITH NO GEEL
you should always wash ur face with warm water maybe u have sensitive skin?? or get rid of the products which irritate your skin

I've tried all the men's face wash/scrub range on the shelf at my local retailer over several years. All of them suck to varying degrees except my current nivea facewash/scrub. I've tried the sensitive version and it felt weak.

Maybe I do, because warm/hot water definitely makes my skin feels less good than cold water. Like it strips more off my skin. I don't know if that's scientifically correct but it feels that way

I might try a mask again and just use cold water in between.

I've tried all the men's face wash/scrub range on the shelf at my local retailer over several years. All of them suck to varying degrees except my current nivea facewash/scrub. I've tried the sensitive version and it felt weak.

Maybe I do, because warm/hot water definitely makes my skin feels less good than cold water. Like it strips more off my skin. I don't know if that's scientifically correct but it feels that way

"Simply splashing your face with cold water can reduce the fine lines and wrinkles on your face considerably. 3. Washing your face with cold water closes your pores. After washing your face with hot water, splash some cold water on it so as to close those pores."

Villainess

smooth talk on a rainy summer evening
Pores are not muscles. They cannot close and open, it’s a common myth. Hot won’t open it and cold won’t close it caadi u daq

Try Sukin orignal hydrating mist toner you can use it anytime of day
Followed by a vitamin c moisturiser or any gel moisturiser
Or a mask that you don’t wash off like
Mudmasky - leave me on winter mask

Bronco

GEELJIRE WITH NO GEEL
Try Sukin orignal hydrating mist toner you can use it anytime of day
Followed by a vitamin c moisturiser or any gel moisturiser
Or a mask that you don’t wash off like
Mudmasky - leave me on winter mask

Amazon reviews on the first one got me a little iffy, but it's probably FB moms.

Does the Mudmasky mask absorb well? Like can I go about my day with it and not look like a greased up chimp?

Amazon reviews on the first one got me a little iffy, but it's probably FB moms.

Does the Mudmasky mask absorb well? Like can I go about my day with it and not look like a greased up chimp?
Maybe it dosent work so well for their skin types

The mudmask goes on like a butter but then you’re skins absorbs it , it dosent leave you shiny
Just a bit of a glow

Cerave and/or cetaphil gentle face wash followed up by niacinamide serum and moisturizer. I chemical exfoliate 2x a week. My skin has never been better. A simple skin care routine is all you need. Trust, I’ve tried the 10 step routine stuff and it didn’t work (for me). It’s a gimmick.

Cerave and/or cetaphil gentle face wash followed up by niacinamide serum and moisturizer. I chemical exfoliate 2x a week. My skin has never been better. A simple skin care routine is all you need. Trust, I’ve tried the 10 step routine stuff and it didn’t work (for me). It’s a gimmick.
yeah i think people over do with using too many products. i just have a simple skincare routine.

Trending