Status
Not open for further replies.

Hybrid

Death Awaits You
Horta, why do Somalis classify each other as dark skin or light skin when we are all dark skin. My skin tone is the same as trey songz
8c9883f5d69872b4ec7eb61a41ca1cec--trey-songz-shirtless-eyes-emoji.jpg

But that's considered dark skin from the world point of view. Whites, Hispanic and asians always refer my skin tone to be dark skin. Or are there many light skinned Somalis that I'm not aware of.

In Sub-Sahara Africa that would be considered as light skinned. Other parts of the world, no.

I would consider this as light skin:

Amirah-Dyme-17.jpg

Mashallah.

White people classify each other as fair, medium, tawny while to us they are all white, do you see them saying this? They don't have an inferiority complex that's why

Hybrid

Death Awaits You
This is what maarin skin tone looks like
Olive_skinned_women_in_Orihuela%2C_Spain.jpg

You guys just can't classify as something you're not. Europeans, middle easterns, asians, Hispanics don't call themselves dark skin. they are either brown or lighter.
So don't call yourself light skin unless you are maarin or lighter.

yuusufdiin

child of afgooye
White people classify each other as fair, medium, tawny while to us they are all white, do you see them saying this? They don't have an inferiority complex that's why
cadaans can be over the top at times when talking about skin tone, i remember watching this ancestry dna video where this one white girl said she suspects having native american ancestry because her grandfather was "a very dark man" and when she showed his pic he was just slightly lighter than george clooney :tocry:

This is what maarin skin tone looks like
Olive_skinned_women_in_Orihuela%2C_Spain.jpg

You guys just can't classify as something you're not. Europeans, middle easterns, asians, Hispanics don't call themselves dark skin. they are either brown or lighter.
So don't call yourself light skin unless you are maarin or lighter.
That is not maarin . Those girls are referred to as Casaan in Somali and they could even pass for xamari cadcad.

In fact , Maarin is much darker than that and can be sometimes be used to describe someone like me who is almost halfway between dark skin and light skin . Skin tone phenotype is an ancient Somali science which becomes confusing if you try compare it to western descriptions . For example , have you ever heard of the Somali surname sugule? It essentially means a man who was pitch black . It differs slightly from someone who is madow ( black ) or madoobe ( very dark ).

maestro

Cultural revolution
Didn't even know men discussed skin tone to the extent the ones here do.

I'm starting to believe Somali men are truly effeminate smh.

Very embarrassing

Don't worry mangirls. There's always Diana to fix things :mjlol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending