Six of my educated Western born Somali friends went to Somalia for a traditional bride

Two of them are power system electricians while other two are a pilots with the regional airlines. The crazier bunch of the group includes the rest. One of them is an elevator mechanic while the other is an electronics engineer. Many of the educated Western Somali guys are going back home to secure well cultured traditional women with deen. They would fair worse with the bunch of Somali women here. They seem to be mixing liberal values and their own toxic mothers teachings. I am the only one left out in the group and will be heading to Jubaland for my traditional partner since I will be joining the Jubaland administration soon enough. Also majority of the Western Somali women don't want to move from the West because they have become too comfortable with all the amenities at their fingertips. Some of these western halimos will contemplate suicide if they don't get their daily Starbucks jolt let alone consider moving to the developing world.
Different strokes for different folks I’m not marrying a fob tho

BobSmoke

Flying over your heads
Ninkaste oo Soomali oo wax barto wuxuu jacelyahay gabadh aan aqoon dheer laheyn sababtoo ah raga Somalida kama helaan qof tartan kula jira. Waxey radsadaan markaste qof ka hooseeya dhaqaalo ahaan iyo waxbarashaba. Waxey jacelyihiin in iyaga markaste loo baahdo. Raga Somalida kama helaan gabadh isku filan oo geesiyad ah. Waa rag uqdad nafis qabo. #naagnool lives matter!
1. A man should invest in his woman's education. It will pay off in many ways.

2. Somali women are naturally intelligent in their own ways. A degree don't really say shit. How many dumb mothafuckas do we know with degrees?

Put some respek on your sistas

Guardafui

Beati Pacifici.
It's actually quite disgusting that you're painting all western raised Somali girls with the same brush just to push your agenda.

You don't see us, screaming day and night how most of you Somali men lack the deen, drug addicts, alcoholic with nothing to show for, it's always the men who never got attention from girls during high school who scream like this, all of the Somali boys who I went to college with are married or dating western raised Somali girls. Birds of a feather flock together, no educated Somali man who has a good socializing skills will waste money and time to go back to Africa to get a bride. It's either the controlling fake religious lunatics who hate women or the former jailbirds who have been left behind that have nothing to show off.

I’ve saying this so many times Somali girls are the ones with less options with most the Somali guys having problems in the West and should marry out to other good educated Muslim men there’s plenty waiting.

I really dont care about where she was raised, although I'd like to marry from back home im in no way set with the idea.If I find a girl here that shares similar values and I can click with then theres no point in outsourcing.If I cant find a girl that satisfies my criteria then I'll have no choice but to head out to somalia for a little while and suss out the scene over there as well.

What have Western Xalimos- no Xalimos in general do to you for you to have this much hatred towards them?
:mugshotman:
He's right though the majority of Somali women are lost people who are western natives .
They're Becky in a Somali body.
And I say that as a girl myself.
As soon as I finish my goals in the west I'll move somewhere else

Uskut! You clearly don't know anything. Somali men want traditional women who look good and can raise a family. That's all we care about. We don't care if a xalimo has 10 degrees. We are not attracted to your degrees at all. We are attracted to women who have family values and unfortunately, you rarely find those values with xalimas that only focus on chasing useless degrees.

Family oriented women>>>>>>>>>>>career/degree chasing women.

Simple and short.
A degree is important though as well .
Yes family values should be number 1 but you have to be able to plan for disaster scenarios.
What happens if your partner splits up with you or dies?

I think it’s becoming more and more common educated Somali guys looking for a wife outside of the west. In twitter Somali girls are cancelling Somali guys. In the real world these men are rejecting them by not seeing them as wife material

SOULSEARCHING

Hakuna matata
VIP
How does that work? They wouldn't even understand eachother.

There's no way a Abdi born and raised in the west will go marry a halimo in Somalia

Also even if you marry from back home , heavily look in to their reputation.
A lot of dispora kids have gone home and corrupted the locals.
One of my family members who has never gone to the west has friends who drink and source alcohol and drugs.
There's even girls who have dated like westerners.
So be careful

Mozart

You need people like me
How does that work? They wouldn't even understand eachother.

There's no way a Abdi born and raised in the west will go marry a halimo in Somalia

Why wouldn’t they understand each other ? Upper class in Somalia / Kenya have highly educated kids. Sure, the average bum from the west getting married back home will get married to what you describe but the educated guys get married to successful women.

World

VIP
I don’t know about other Somali guys, but I have no intention to marry a western raised dh!lo who lost her virginity as a teenager, goes shisha, drinks alcohol/smokes weed. Even the hijabis do this nowadays. The only ones who might not, are the ugly ones whose looks stopped them that lifestyle.

I don’t know about other Somali guys, but I have no intention to marry a western raised dh!lo who lost her virginity as a teenager, goes shisha, drinks alcohol/smokes weed. Even the hijabis do this nowadays. The only ones who might not, are the ugly ones whose looks stopped them that lifestyle.

Same, wouldn't marry them either. To be fair though, circumstances differ for everyone. I think they can probably bag a decent abdi if they clean up their act fast. My observation is that the guiltiest of them tend to try compensate the most when im around by saying astagfirullah/masha allah etc in every sentence and it's super funny.

Sol

?
To be honest you only come across those kind of xalimos on twitter and rarely in real life except in large cities like L*ndon. I don't think any of your female relatives are like this and if they are that just raises questions on how they reached such a state whilst being related to you :gaasdrink:

Leila

Wanaag iyo Dhiig kar
Most western born Somali 2nd generation men end up marrying a Somali woman in the west or marry out . It’s usually the older generation (35-45 age group) that go back to Africa and marry a woman from back home and they came to the west as adults.

Most Somali guys in their 20’s are very westernised and you are telling me they willingly go back home to marry a girl they don't have anything in common with . Not to mention the long process it takes to bring a spouse over to Europe or north America if they plan to stay in the west.

And then you want us to believe the Somali guy in his 20’s who has just started his career ends up going Somalia where there are no jobs and leave behind a place with security, health care and long term job prospects. It’s not realistic.

People that go back home to invest and set up a business need to have serious capital investment , at least 50/100 K US dollars , what young western Somali guy has that money . Maybe 1 out 100 men.

Last edited:

ReyRey

Brummie born & bred
A degree is important though as well .
Yes family values should be number 1 but you have to be able to plan for disaster scenarios.
What happens if your partner splits up with you or dies?
I'm not saying women shouldn't get degrees or even an education. I was just trying to tell that girl that men factor in whether a woman has a degree or not when they're getting married to them.

Trending

Latest posts