Six children die from Dehydration in Luuq, Somalia

World

VIP
I was under the impression that boiling the river water will kill the bacteria and parasites but not the contamination. And the river is a dirty brown colour.
Just because the river is brown doesn’t mean it’s dirty, the reason why it’s that colour is because of sediment and soil runoff flowing into the river.

cow

VIP

They are probably using him as reference somali news sites are unreliable. However I am very informed on actual local reliable journalist all over gedo. Two of my favourite journalist are actually reer luuq and they have not reported this at all. Infact nothing from anyone in luuq.

This is fake news.

cow

VIP
Just because the river is brown doesn’t mean it’s dirty, the reason why it’s that colour is because of sediment and soil runoff flowing into the river.

People drink the river water. Some who can buy filtered water. But most drink from the river they just boil it.

They are probably using him as reference somali news sites are unreliable. However I am very informed on actual local reliable journalist all over gedo. Two of my favourite journalist are actually reer luuq and they have not reported this at all. Infact nothing from anyone in luuq.

This is fake news.
If you really do have local reliable journalists then just wait in the coming hours instead of just deeming it fake news off the bat. And it’s said it’s outside the city in baadiyo.

World

VIP
If you really do have local reliable journalists then just wait in the coming hours instead of just deeming it fake news off the bat. And it’s said it’s outside the city in baadiyo.
I still don’t understand how they can die from dehydration here’s a map of the luuq region

5940F5DE-CC05-4DFC-A83F-96A41750AA0D.jpeg

There are water sources everywhere.

cow

VIP

There is nothing to wait. If it was true it would be huge headlines and not just some random twitter user. Anyway it would be nearly impossible for someone to die of thirst in luuq district. If they said ceelwaaq district or geriley then it would make sense but luuq that is fake news.

And like I said no luuq journalist reported it.

There is nothing to wait. If it was true it would be huge headlines and not just some random twitter user. Anyway it would be nearly impossible for someone to die of thirst in luuq district. If they said ceelwaaq district or geriley then it would make sense but luuq that is fake news.

And like I said no luuq journalist reported it.
Dude just wait. It’s not out of the realm of possibility.

This happened 2 days ago. Is this fake?

45218122-DF96-44C4-899C-61E4D45FC67A.jpeg

I once read that nomads in Gedo stay away from the river because of malaria risk.

I don't know what is going on in that region, because there is firewood and there is a river, so they can make fire to boil the water and then drink it themselves and give it to their livestock.

All of these droughts are fuelled by human mismanagement.

This is heartbreaking. Yes the nomads in Gedo stay far away from the rivers for grazing purposes, but then end up in the middle of nowhere when rains don’t come.

Also yes, somehow, someway pastoralists in Gedo need to give up grazing for farming near the river areas. Since coming from the central regions they maintained grazing as if they are back in Galbeed/Mudug SMH

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
This is heartbreaking. Yes the nomads in Gedo stay far away from the rivers for grazing purposes, but then end up in the middle of nowhere when rains don’t come.

Also yes, somehow, someway pastoralists in Gedo need to give up grazing for farming near the river areas. Since coming from the central regions they maintained grazing as if they are back in Galbeed/Mudug SMH
but the milk should last you more then long enough to get back to the river?

Somalia is in for a nightmare if Waamos already this bad

Manafesto

[[Puntland Republic 🇸🇱]]PIM[[C.S(BihinYusuf)]
VIP
HalimoEnthusiast
How can they die of thirst when the Juba river is right there?

That Is What I was wondering,pastrolists folks in the desert region of Somaliland regions don't even die of thirsty even if they make a pilgrim to the well once a month,you telling these with two rivers around them died of lack of water.

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
Enough is enough, we must come together and address this reoccurring drought issue year in and year out. I am very disappointed in the government for not tackling this problem. These deaths can be prevented if we prepare in good times.

Trending