Six children die from Dehydration in Luuq, Somalia

So there is no solutions proposed by the government to deal with droughts?

There’s NGO contracts that gets handed out like candy for these type of things but they do nada.

There’s a gofundme link in the tweet, donate if you can smh.

Is there anything we can do to help?
There’s the gofundme link that is raising money for water trucks. I guess they provide emergency water trucking for communities far away from rivers and wells. Those communities either have their water source dried up or no infrastructure to reach water. And their livestock is dying or dead.

Other than donating for emergency help, I’m not sure there’s anything we can do to help. Hopefully the Somali government makes it a priority, but not hopeful for that.

There’s the gofundme link that is raising money for water trucks. I guess they provide emergency water trucking for communities far away from rivers and wells. Those communities either have their water source dried up or no infrastructure to reach water. And their livestock is dying or dead.

Other than donating for emergency help, I’m not sure there’s anything we can do to help. Hopefully the Somali government makes it a priority, but not hopeful for that.
link to the gofundme? pls

cow

VIP
This is fake news so far no one has died of thirst only animals died. Reputable journalists from luuq have not reported any deaths. Plus luuq is close to juba river.

Far away areas like geriley near the Kenyan border have not reported any human deaths.

This is fake news so far no one has died of thirst only animals died. Reputable journalists from luuq have not reported any deaths. Plus luuq is close to juba river.

Far away areas like geriley near the Kenyan border have not reported any human deaths.

Poor babies, they are innocents so no sins will be written.

There is no excuse for people dying of thirst anywhere in Somalia, millions of dollars are pumped into that place per month yet they still haven't figured out how to save their most precious commodity- the nomads who rear the main product that Somalis export; livestock.

Even a greedy sociopath from a Western Nation would prioritise nomads and figure out how their make that lifestyle sustainable without nomads dying of thirst every year. If Somali corrupt losers don't care for human life, do they not care for $$$?

For god's sake, stop placing politicians on a pedestal and instead start chasing them around and make sure they do their damn jobs. Do you even know the name of the MPs who represent your sub-clan/district? Have you got his/her number or email address? Just because you are not dying of thirst, doesn't mean you are not responsible for those who are at risk. Do something.

Walahi, Somalis need qur'aan saar and basic civic duty education.

Poor babies, they are innocents so no sins will be written.

There is no excuse for people dying of thirst anywhere in Somalia, millions of dollars are pumped into that place per month yet they still haven't figured out how to save their most precious commodity- the nomads who rear the main product that Somalis export; livestock.

Even a greedy sociopath from a Western Nation would prioritise nomads and figure out how their make that lifestyle sustainable without nomads dying of thirst every year. If Somali corrupt losers don't care for human life, do they not care for $$$?

For god's sake, stop placing politicians on a pedestal and instead start chasing them around and make sure they do their damn jobs. Do you even know the name of the MPs who represent your sub-clan/district? Have you got his/her number or email address? Just because you are not dying of thirst, doesn't mean you are not responsible for those who are at risk. Do something.

Walahi, Somalis need qur'aan saar and basic civic duty education.
Walahi this, I couldn't say it better.

You can just boil the water.
River is next to useless when they have no filtration.

I once read that nomads in Gedo stay away from the river because of malaria risk.

I don't know what is going on in that region, because there is firewood and there is a river, so they can make fire to boil the water and then drink it themselves and give it to their livestock.

All of these droughts are fuelled by human mismanagement.

You can just boil the water.

I once read that nomads in Gedo stay away from the river because of malaria risk.

I don't know what is going on in that region, because there is firewood and there is a river, so they can make fire to boil the water and then drink it themselves and give it to their livestock.

All of these droughts are fuelled by human mismanagement.
I was under the impression that boiling the river water will kill the bacteria and parasites but not the contamination. And the river is a dirty brown colour.

Trending

Latest posts