Situation in Ethiopia by TLDR news

digaagjecel

SSpots starting point guard
kneegrow the modern state ethiopia is built on abyssinia getting french and british help to massacre and fully colonize muslim oromos. yet you believe in such an artificial production. ethiopia is the most artificial state in africa. it is artificial like israel. you are its colonial possession. you are a disgrace. ethiopia seizes to exist when habesha go back to their mountain churches and continue their past time of subjugating christian oromos. you are a disgrace.

when will the amharified menelik agents that dominate so called oromo liberation army capture addis? dont worry. they will wait for another habesha to subjugate them again.
View attachment 204923
Oromos always faan about being the majority and having the ability to take power. So far all I’ve seen them do is capture small villages then throw a celebration. Whenever you ask them about capturing the capital they’ll hit you with the,”We just want to rule ourselves within Ethiopia, we don’t want to leave”.

World

VIP
Comparing Oromo and Somalis within Ethiopia is silly bro. We've two entirely different experiences with Ethiopia. We're far more integrated into Ethiopia than you guys are. Both Muslim and Christian Oromo, for the record. For example, the Muslim Oromo of Wollo shared power with the rest of Ethiopias elites and also were targeted since they were most likely the most powerful Oromo group or one of them. Not to mention that they were a warrior like, Muslim group right in the heart of Christian Abyssinia. Same for the Yejju Oromo who ruled Abyssinia for almost a century.
Oromos essentially were among both the conquered and the conquerors, thus making our history and relationship with the Ethiopian state far more complicated. The same cannot be said for the Somalis. When the father of Haile Selassie, Ras Makonnen raided what is known as the Ogaden, he established military camps there (Ketamas or Katamas), and even formed alliances with some Somali clans who were in conflict with other clans who lived there. There were several motivating factors for the Ethiopian empire to annex the Ogaden or Somali region, one is, they wanted a buffer zone between the colonies of the Europeans in that part of Africa and "Abyssinia" (Shawa, Wallo, Gojjam, Gondar, Tigray). Of course, they wanted the resources there too.
But the Somalis never were integrated within the Ethiopian state, especially not to the extent that the Oromo were.
You're looking at our situation from the perspective of a Somali, as opposed to trying to see things from the point of view of an Oromo. Why would we want to destroy Ethiopia? So that we too can be another Somalia, but even worse, perhaps?! The borders between pretty much all of us are far from being agreed upon! If we were to secede, there'd be non stop border wars, with the so called superpowers of the world arming, training and funding the various sides, depending on which parties interests is more in tune with their own interests in the Horn of Africa. The Oromo are far from soft. We're just not as hot headed and impulsive as our Somali cousins. We're what you call, deliberative warriors. If we were soft, we wouldn't have been able to make one of Africa's strongest and most heavily armed governments retreat back to their region, without the use of firearms even. We're just different from our Somali brethren, we do not believe in non stop civil wars and violence. We have a saying: to fight once is bravery, but to always fight is stupidity!

Haqqa dha!
Eastern Oromos such as the Arsi and Afran Qallo suffered way worse than Somalis, they were warriors who fought the Abyssnians to the end unlike traitors like your clan Macca who assisted them. Your experience as a western oromo is not the same as eastern oromos, as your clan were collaborators. Most western Oromos are also Christian which is why they easily assimilated unlike the eastern Oromos who are Muslim.

kneegrow the modern state ethiopia is built on abyssinia getting french and british help to massacre and fully colonize muslim oromos. yet you believe in such an artificial production. ethiopia is the most artificial state in africa. it is artificial like israel. you are its colonial possession. you are a disgrace. ethiopia seizes to exist when habesha go back to their mountain churches and continue their past time of subjugating christian oromos. you are a disgrace.

when will the amharified menelik agents that dominate so called oromo liberation army capture addis? dont worry. they will wait for another habesha to subjugate them again.
View attachment 204923
An Educated Oromo thinks he is Amhara and would try riding on Amhara history as theirs just like how African Americans would view whites in America and would use Whitemans history and brag about it.

View attachment 204923

I've stated the truth about Ethiopia's history. If you wish to stick to insults and nonsensical points, feel free to do so. As I've said before... Our history with Ethiopia is nowhere near being comparable with the Somalis history within Ethiopia. As I've said before... We were both the conquerors and the conquered. Some clans and regions submitted peacefully and paid tribute while others refused and were subjugated by force. The Somali on the other hand, were divided too, some clans allied with Ras Makonnen to counter other clans, kind of how some Somali elites (both within Ethiopia and in Somalia property) work with Ethiopia today and even in the not too distant past. But Somalis never were integrated into Ethiopias power structure. They never intermarried and mixed with the Amharas and other ethnic groups to the extent that the OROMO have. So your perspective, as a Somali who has never been integrated into Ethiopia, and an Oromo whose people have been among the conquered and the conquerors... is going to be a LOT different. Somalis tend to wish destruction upon Ethiopia while Oromo differ on what they feel is the best way forward (independence or autonomous Oromia). The stronger opinion appears to be that they want federalism to be strengthened, with all the states ruling their own states, selecting their respective leaders, managing their resources, etc.

Eastern Oromos such as the Arsi and Afran Qallo suffered way worse than Somalis, they were warriors who fought the Abyssnians to the end unlike traitors like your clan Macca who assisted them. Your experience as a western oromo is not the same as eastern oromos, as your clan were collaborators. Most western Oromos are also Christian which is why they easily assimilated unlike the eastern Oromos who are Muslim.

Oromos were divided then, this was the nature of our form of governance (meaning, we expanded and then formed our own autonomous forms of governments in the various areas we conquered and settled in) and it wasn't like they had a choice anyways. You can't fight 100,000 rifles with sticks and horses. It's quite simple. My grandfather is from Jimma. They submitted peacefully, agreed to pay tribute, and were spared destruction, maintained a form of autonomy, and were spared the forced building of churches in their area. I'd say, what they did made the most sense at the time. You can disagree or not, but it is what it is man. You also are a bit wrong. Research the Western Oromo confederation. During the second Italian invasion, we disarmed and kicked the Amhara troops out back to their region and appealed to the British to put us under the UN until we could become an independent state. Of course, since they had a good puppet in Haile Selassie, they refused to do that. The Wollo Oromo spat at Haile Selassie as he ran away through their land to his brief exile in England.

Oromos were divided then, this was the nature of our form of governance (meaning, we expanded and then formed our own autonomous forms of governments in the various areas we conquered and settled in) and it wasn't like they had a choice anyways. You can't fight 100,000 rifles with sticks and horses. It's quite simple. My grandfather is from Jimma. They submitted peacefully, agreed to pay tribute, and were spared destruction, maintained a form of autonomy, and were spared the forced building of churches in their area. I'd say, what they did made the most sense at the time. You can disagree or not, but it is what it is man. You also are a bit wrong. Research the Western Oromo confederation. During the second Italian invasion, we disarmed and kicked the Amhara troops out back to their region and appealed to the British to put us under the UN until we could become an independent state. Of course, since they had a good puppet in Haile Selassie, they refused to do that. The Wollo Oromo spat at Haile Selassie as he ran away through their land to his brief exile in England.
So are you proud that millions of oromos surrendered and converted to christianity and some even accepted to be amharanised with oromo names?

Mahoeity of Addis ababans that claim to be amhara are mostly amharanised oromos that converted to christianity.

I also think you are not from Jimma but your folks came from Shewa and settled in Jimma.

So are you proud that millions of oromos surrendered and converted to christianity and some even accepted to be amharanised with oromo names?

Mahoeity of Addis ababans that claim to be amhara are mostly amharanised oromos that converted to christianity.

I also think you are not from Jimma but your folks came from Shewa and settled in Jimma.

1. Where here did I say I was ''proud'' of ANYTHING? I am simply stating what happened.
2. That was the nature of Oromo expansion, we either assimilated others into our culture, or got assimilated in the cultures of others. Same can be said for many cultures and ethnic groups globally. Can't change the past bro, it is what it is. I rather focus on today and the future.

3. It doesn't matter what you ''think,'' you can even ''think'' that 2 plus 2 is 5 if you want, but it won't make it true. Look up the Sadacha sub clan in Jimma, then you'll learn about us, if you want.

Afro Asiatic

Afrocanada
It's only the Highlander Eritreans, or the Kebessa, who are a little over half of Eritrea's population, who share somethings with Tigrayans [such as Orthodox Christianity and similar languages], but the rest, especially the Muslim Eritreans, have nothing in common with the Tigrayans [besides religion, for the small number of Tigrayan Muslims]. The Eritrean highlanders and Tigrayans also have a history of conflict for the most part, but were allies at times, of course [such as during the fight against the derg, and in the post-derg/mengistu era, and the war of gura and gundet, fought against egypt, took place in eritea, etc].
Divided by the mereb river

Afro Asiatic

Afrocanada
Where do you live? The States? Have you even met many Eritreans?

I swear most of them are Christian, especially the ones in Europe.

@The alchemist (Norwegian) @Aurelian (Finnish) can perhaps confirm.
Most Eritreans about 60% are biher tigrina Christians who are closely related to Ethiopian Tigrayans. They dominate the military and political establishment.

The rest are Muslims which include the: saho, Tigre(northwestern Eritrea) rashida, Bilen and afar. Muslims in Eritrea are low key subjugated and marginalized

This is just going to end up being another terribly destructive, protracted war that doesn't produce a decisive result.
:snoop::mjkkk:

This is just going to end up being another terribly destructive, protracted war that doesn't produce a decisive result.
:snoop::mjkkk:

I hope so. But going by TPLF advance I'm afraid it won't continue for another year.

They went from being massacred by combined force of Ethiopian/Eritrean army + Fano militia to rapidly pushing through Amhara region cutting off major highways in span of one year.

Unless Abiye sells his soul for regional power he's not going to last. I support Abiye over TPLF but above all wish this war to continue for ever.

World

VIP
I hope so. But going by TPLF advance I'm afraid it won't continue for another year.

They went from being massacred by combined force of Ethiopian/Eritrean army + Fano militia to rapidly pushing through Amhara region cutting off major highways in span of one year.

Unless Abiye sells his soul for regional power he's not going to last. I support Abiye over TPLF but above all wish this war to continue for ever.
Eritrea may intervene again as they don’t want TPLF in power.

Eritrea may intervene again as they don’t want TPLF in power.
No chance. Western powers detest Eritrea they may switch support to TPLF. I'm talking about Turkey but also support from GCC countries could be vital. Russia & China will alarm western powers to support TPLF Abiye is not stupid.

World

VIP
No chance. Western powers detest Eritrea they may switch support to TPLF. I'm talking about Turkey but also support from GCC countries could be vital. Russia & China will alarm western powers to support TPLF Abiye is not stupid.
Why no chance? Eritrea is already in Northern Ethiopia at the invitation of Abiy’s government. They were the ones who saved him. It’s not impossible to believe that they will save him again. Western powers are already supporting TDF.

Trending

Latest posts