Since im in Hargeisa

I lived here for almost a year now.

Hargeisa has its problems as its been mentioned in this thread...but its our problems ya feel? Wouldn't trade this to live somewhere else ever.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
I lived here for almost a year now.

Hargeisa has its problems as its been mentioned in this thread...but its our problems ya feel? Wouldn't trade this to live somewhere else ever.
its good to admit the problems that exist thats the first step to solving the problems

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
Man that brings back memories, place is dusty as hell but wallahi it was fun. I use to sit outside during maghrib and watch the sun shine through diracs, magical experience:wow:
As a fellow forumer.

I am a gentle person. Wont harm you.

I urge you to consider it.
I stopped using public transport while you were in London. No offense adeer.

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Lol there’s a KFC in hargeisa called “Kaaley Fariiso oo Cun” 😂

undefeated names there.

Mercury

VIP
played some pickup basketball it was interesting first time ive seen someone play barefoot and another one balling in macawiis also was weird they where using fouls in streetbasket one guy going up for layup and if his arm get touched he scream foul lol

Screenshot_20210617-235924_Gallery.jpg

Mercury

VIP
Loool, goats are cute!

I can imagine though, you guys have to be super careful when driving around ey.. 😅
thats true but usually they arent often on the streets they usually in the neighborhoods eating leftovers since its haram to throw away food you can always rely on them to help you out

20210618_000736.jpg

Hybrid()

Death Awaits You
@Baboon @Mercury What would you guys estimate the proportion of diaspora born people? Also are a lot of diaspora people migrating back there?
Returnees consist mostly of older fobs who got kids or run businesses in Somalia. Most diaspora born somalis are there on vacation and usually come from Euro/UK. Since the standard and cost of living is so disappointing, diaspora somalis don't bother moving back home unless they have a strong reason to.

Mercury

VIP
Returnees consist mostly of older fobs who got kids or run businesses in Somalia. Most diaspora born somalis are there on vacation and usually come from Euro/UK. Since the standard and cost of living is so disappointing, diaspora somalis don't bother moving back home unless they have a strong reason to.
there ain't that many diaspora here most only here for a short holiday and its hard to tell whose a diaspora but easiest to spot is UK somalis they always be speaking english and their accent gives em away

Toyota Mark ll was the main taxi car in Hargeisa back in the days, now days there is Dhaweeye which is like Uber, you just order from the app and it connects you the nearest car and they also deliver anything you want, takeaways, shopping, gas tanks and even just a pack cigarettes. The best about Dhaweeye company is that they have fixed cost per km so usually it’s very cheap and if you suspect that the driver overcharged you, you just call their call centre and they will pay you back straight away. I usually tip them a little bit extra especially at night times.

Dhaweeye does takeaways? I had no idea... Do you have to download the app or can you use the *3000# code?

Dhaweeye does takeaways? I had no idea... Do you have to download the app or can you use the *3000# code?
You can use both the app or *3000# code or you can always tell the takeaway restaurant to call you a Dhaweeye and then when he delivers you pay to the driver for the distance between the restaurant and your house and usually it’s really cheap unless you live really far away.

Hybrid()

Death Awaits You
You can use both the app or *3000# code or you can always tell the takeaway restaurant to call you a Dhaweeye and then when he delivers you pay to the driver for the distance between the restaurant and your house and usually it’s really cheap unless you live really far away.
Man dhaweeye was the only service I found to be super cheap and useful. I used to pick up qalanjos in front of their houses with dhaweeye and then later drop them off in front of their houses

OffTheDome

Proud American
played some pickup basketball it was interesting first time ive seen someone play barefoot and another one balling in macawiis also was weird they where using fouls in streetbasket one guy going up for layup and if his arm get touched he scream foul lol

View attachment 189284
TimaCadde is lit at night, people back home are now getting into basketball
:salute:

Mercury

VIP
What I find weird is you'll never see a man holding his wives hand in public

But you will see 2 guys holding hands any time of the day

Screenshot_20210617-232629_Gallery.jpg