Since im in Hargeisa

No it's Somaliland
Somalia
8770508851b7958b125568a9630de175.jpg

yeah lol and roads still the same the mayor for the last 10 years he hasn't done shit but built himself mansions, businesses etc and he had the nerve to run for mayor again and lost

btw if you go to berbera it looks alot better thwn hargeisa they have alot more nicer roads than hargeisa
Have you seen Berbera's airport ?

@Mercury nice to see a fellow somalispot member in Hargeisa, i moved here last year and been love it ever since.

Now hopefully this new mayor will change the city for the better insha allah:rejoice:

How many non-Somalis live there? Are they dominating the local economy?
There are a lot of foreigners here especially Kenyans, Syrians, Yemenis and some Indians.
The Kenyans are professionals who work mainly in the education sector, the Syrians are mainly beggars or work in the restaurants and some are doctors or dentist.
The Indians work in the construction sector or in Berbera with DP world building the new port.
The Yemenis are the ones who are most settled in the country, as Yemen and Yemenis have always had historical links with Somaliand. They have opened businesses in construction, restaurants and all kinds of shops, however the law of Somaliland states that any foreigner opening any business in the country has to have a Somali partner and the foreigner is not allowed to own more than 49% of the company.
This is to stop the foreigners from dominating the economy and marginalising the locals as you are probably familiar with that Somali’s in general are very territorial and I personally think that is good thing.

There are a lot of foreigners here especially Kenyans, Syrians, Yemenis and some Indians.
The Kenyans are professionals who work mainly in the education sector, the Syrians are mainly beggars or work in the restaurants. as chefs.
The Indians work in the construction sector or in berbera with DP world building the new port.
The Yemenis are the ones who are most settled in the country, as Yemen and Yemenis have always had historical links with Somaliand. They have opened businesses in construction, restaurants and other shops.
Read up to here and was like :jcoleno:

however the law of Somaliland states that any foreigner opening any business in the country has to have a Somali partner and the foreigner is not allowed to own more than 49% of the company.
This is to stop the foreigners from dominating the economy and marginalising the locals as you are probably familiar with that Somali’s in general are very territorial and I personally think that is good thing.

Then I read this part and was like :salute:

That law is a great law. Hopefully, the government does not hand out citizenship to foreigners or else it will allow them to circumvent that law. Do you have the source that says "the foreigner is not allowed to own more than 49% of the company."

Does southern Somalia also have a law like this?

Read up to here and was like :jcoleno:

Then I read this part and was like :salute:

That law is a great law. Hopefully, the government does not hand out citizenship to foreigners or else it will allow them to circumvent that law. Do you have the source that says "the foreigner is not allowed to own more than 49% of the company."

Does southern Somalia also have a law like this?
Unfortunately I don’t have any sources as I have to look that up but it’s very common knowledge here in Hargeisa and anyone you ask will tell you the same thing. The Hyundai car dealership in Hargeisa have Dahabshill as the majority owner and same thing with all the Yemeni businesses they all have Somali majority owner.

The first car I ever drove was a Toyota Mark II, I was 12 years old.
Toyota Mark ll was the main taxi car in Hargeisa back in the days, now days there is Dhaweeye which is like Uber, you just order from the app and it connects you the nearest car and they also deliver anything you want, takeaways, shopping, gas tanks and even just a pack cigarettes. The best about Dhaweeye company is that they have fixed cost per km so usually it’s very cheap and if you suspect that the driver overcharged you, you just call their call centre and they will pay you back straight away. I usually tip them a little bit extra especially at night times.

Toyota Mark ll was the main taxi car in Hargeisa back in the days, now days there is Dhaweeye which is like Uber, you just order from the app and it connects you the nearest car and they deliver anything you want, takeaways, shopping, gas tanks and even just a pack cigarettes. The best about Dhaweeye company is that they have fixed cost per km so usually it’s very cheap and if you suspect that the driver overcharged you, you just call their call centre and they will pay you back straight away. I usually tip them a little bit extra especially at night times.

Are they building more paved roads and sidewalks in Hargeisa? Every time, I watch a video on Hargeisa there are barely any paved roads or sidewalks.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
This is my second time here and first was back in 2004 and lived all my life in either Sweden or uk and am planing to stay for few years or maybe even permanently.
Hargeisa is nice as long as you got a house and income because otherwise it’s impossible to live here as it’s too expensive for African city. Everything is overpriced here from housing to cars to general goods and I think it’s because they literally have to import everything and there is no price control nor a any proper competition between the wholesaler as they all sell the goods for the same price.
Overall i personally love living here and that it gives me the chance to reconnect with your roots and your people and nothing beats that.

Trending