Since im in Hargeisa

Are they building more paved roads and sidewalks in Hargeisa? Every time, I watch a video on Hargeisa there are barely any paved roads or sidewalks.
The main roads are paved but it has deteriorated over years and forget about the sidewalk or the residential roads which basically are nonexistent. We are familiar with how the previous mayor neglected the city and it’s infrastructure and insha allah this new major will change that as he has promised starting with banning the animals from city. This is all possible and it can be done very quickly as all it needs is just good leadership, as with the case of Berbera where the mayor have basically transformed the city. Berbera have good paved roads, roundabouts, traffic sings which the people actually follow, the city is clean with no animals whatsoever so hopefully insha allah soon Hargeisa will join Berbera and this city got a lot of potential.

The main roads are paved but it has deteriorated over years and forget about the sidewalk or the residential roads which basically are nonexistent. We are familiar with how the previous mayor neglected the city and it’s infrastructure and insha allah this new major will change that as he has promised starting with banning the animals from city. This is all possible and it can be done very quickly as all it needs is just good leadership, as with the case of Berbera where the mayor have basically transformed the city. Berbera have good paved roads, roundabouts, traffic sings which the people actually follow, the city is clean with no animals whatsoever so hopefully insha allah soon Hargeisa will join Berbera and this city got a lot of potential.
The new mayor sounds good hopefully he keeps his promises.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
that old mayor was useless all he did was steal money he got a 2000$ month salary but somehow drives around in a car worth 80k and got mansions that cost more than 100k its crazy that you never seen a single person ever convicted for corruption in Somaliland but im hopeful things will get better

btw dont you think that land prices should be controlled cause I feel like in alot cases its very overpriced

No I have not meet him personally but from what I hear he is very good and honest person and who’s actually anti-qabil and the people have a lot faith in him because of that.

If you ever do meet him tell him to copy Kagame's community cleanup initiative.
"This is "Umuganda," a community cleanup held on the last Saturday of every month. It's one reason that Rwanda is renowned in Africa for its cleanliness."

Also, tell him to cull the stray dogs in the city if you ever meet him.

that old mayor was useless all he did was steal money he got a 2000$ month salary but somehow drives around in a car worth 80k and got mansions that cost more than 100k its crazy that you never seen a single person ever convicted for corruption in Somaliland but im hopeful things will get better

btw dont you think that land prices should be controlled cause I feel like in alot cases its very overpriced
The mayor was basically the definition of corruption and the worse thing was seeing how his sub-clan from which my mom hails from, all lined up to vote for him. I was thinking don’t these people live in this city and have they not seen how the city has deteriorated under his leadership and it was just astonishing to witness that.
The land prices are overpriced because of everyone is trying make profit of it, even though the prices are unrealistic and also because everyone is only about building or investing in Hargeisa alone. The best thing would be to buy land outside city, especially to the west of city which only will increase in value when the Berbera corridor is completed

If you ever do meet him tell him to copy Kagame's community cleanup initiative.
"This is "Umuganda," a community cleanup held on the last Saturday of every month. It's one reason that Rwanda is renowned in Africa for its cleanliness."

Also, tell him to cull the stray dogs in the city if you ever meet him.
I have read about that and every leader should copy Kagame because he have shown Africans how they leadership should actually be.
Thats basically what the mayor of Berbera did, where the residents were cleaning the streets in front of their houses and also planting trees and now they are reaping the rewards.

Mercury

VIP
The mayor was basically the definition of corruption and the worse thing was seeing how his sub-clan from which my mom hails from, all lined up to vote for him. I was thinking don’t these people live in this city and have they not seen how the city has deteriorated under his leadership and it was just astonishing to witness that.
The land prices are overpriced because of everyone is trying make profit of it, even though the prices are unrealistic and also because everyone is only about building or investing in Hargeisa alone. The best thing would be to buy land outside city, especially to the west of city which only will increase in value when the Berbera corridor is completed
I've seen that alot whenever it comes to clan people are blindly showing loyalty because they hail from same tribe its pretty dumb

in my opinion land prices should be regulated that way everyone profits theres some people that own land for 18 years and they still waiting on someone to pay them 40k for the land they sitting on

if land prices are regulated everyone profits and more people will be building and investing

I've seen that alot whenever it comes to clan people are blindly showing loyalty because they hail from same tribe its pretty dumb

in my opinion land prices should be regulated that way everyone profits theres some people that own land for 18 years and they still waiting on someone to pay them 40k for the land they sitting on

if land prices are regulated everyone profits and more people will be building and investing
Yeah you are right regulations is the key and it should be implemented by the new parliament along with quality control as some food products and medicine is out of date and shop owners don’t seem to care.

Mercury

VIP
they should have a rule or law that if you own land and you havent built anything or sold it in 4 yrs that the government gonna take it back this gonna stop people from hogging land and waiting decades for the highest bidder

Mercury

VIP
Yeah you are right regulations is the key and it should be implemented by the new parliament along with quality control as some food products and medicine is out of date and shop owners don’t seem to care.
the weird thing here is pharmacies give you pills instead of the package

if you got a headache the guy behind the counter gives you 2 panadol or whatever pills for your headache

shop owners and pharmacy owners will care if they risk losing their business than they gonna be alot more careful cause now theres 0 repercussions

There was talk about how the president was gonna introduce a law to do just that, the problem is whenever the government tries to take over empty neglected land, there is people screaming about how it’s there land and that it belong to their great grandparents or whatever or some other nonsense like that.

Mercury

VIP
@Baboon don't you think there should be more road laws cause theres 0 here and people got 0 patience nor concern for others in the traffic you will see one lane stuck cause of a traffic jam and the driver behind trying to go in the other lane where theres incoming traffic and now both lanes are stuck

the weird thing here is pharmacies give you pills instead of the package

if you got a headache the guy behind the counter gives you 2 panadol or whatever pills for your headache

shop owners and pharmacy owners will care if they risk losing their business than they gonna be alot more careful cause now theres 0 repercussions
Yeah that’s why I never accept just only the pills but I always insist asking for the package. However am always suspicious of the medication they sell over so I just usually get some sent over from the UK.

Mercury

VIP
There was talk about how the president was gonna introduce a law to do just that, the problem is whenever the government tries to take over empty neglected land, there is people screaming about how it’s there land and that it belong to their great grandparents or whatever or some other nonsense like that.
Yeah ive seen that happen but in that case than he should have the documents to prove his claim that it belongs to his great grandparents otherwise he could be lying all land disputes could be easily solved if people got it in writing otherwise its their loss

@Baboon don't you think there should be more road laws cause theres 0 here and people got 0 patience nor concern for others in the traffic you will see one lane stuck cause of a traffic jam and the driver behind trying to go in the other lane where theres incoming traffic and now both lanes are stuck
There definitely should be more traffic and road laws and they should be strictly implemented by traffic police, however since no laws are in forced, people just do whatever they want and drive however they want to.

Mercury

VIP
Yeah that’s why I never accept just only the pills but I always insist asking for the package. However am always suspicious of the medication they sell over so I just usually get some sent over from the UK.
my grandma is the same she doesn't trust the pharmacy here cause they 2 faced she tells them its very crucial she get the right medication and this guy shows her a bunch of "alternatives" so she never go there

Mercury

VIP
There definitely should be more traffic and road laws and they should be strictly implemented by traffic police, however since no laws are in forced, people just do whatever they want and drive however they want to.
theres nobody who wears seatbelts ive seen a couple car accidents here worst was this guy speeding lost control of his car and he and the other guy literally flew out of the window

theres nobody who wears seatbelts ive seen a couple car accidents here worst was this guy speeding lost control of his car and he and the other guy literally flew out of the window
Some cars don’t even have seats belts and pretty sure no airbags either and the buses are just horrible spewing pitch black poisonous fumes from the exhaust.
Well I guess we just have to be patient and hope for the best for things to change.

Trending