Sinai origin of E-Z813?

1713847442321.png

That is what I thought. I think this guy is Ababda or some type of Beja. He could even be an ethnic Egyptian with a Beja background that he might have forgotten (probably not since the dialect he set with the Bedawi designation points to northern Beja). Either way, the strongest speculation is that he is Ababda descended.

@Reformed J this is exciting.

1713848486826.png

1713848497593.png

1713848652112.png

I am glad that the Cushitic brethren still keep a presence in the region they come from.

A lot of the Qena Arabs are in fact of Beja background since Ababda speak Arabic today and many of them, if not the majority, consider themselves Arab first but they are of Beja origin, though they do have some admixture it seems.

"The Egyptian Beja are divided into two tribes—the ʿAbābdah and the Bishārīn. The ʿAbābdah occupy the Eastern Desert south of a line between Qinā and Al-Ghardaqah; there are also several groups settled along the Nile between Aswān and Qinā."

Last edited:
View attachment 326037

That is what I thought. I think this guy is Ababda or some type of Beja. He could even be an ethnic Egyptian with a Beja background that he might have forgotten (probably not since the dialect he set with the Bedawi designation points to northern Beja). Either way, the strongest speculation is that he is Ababda descended.

@Reformed J this is exciting.

View attachment 326038

View attachment 326039
View attachment 326040

I am glad that the Cushitic brethren still keep a presence in the region they come from.

A lot of the Qena Arabs are in fact of Beja background since Ababda speak Arabic today and many of them, if not the majority, consider themselves Arab first but they are of Beja origin, though they do have some admixture it seems.

"The Egyptian Beja are divided into two tribes—the ʿAbābdah and the Bishārīn. The ʿAbābdah occupy the Eastern Desert south of a line between Qinā and Al-Ghardaqah; there are also several groups settled along the Nile between Aswān and Qinā."
This guy seems to have more info about him

"The sample is in the name of Al-Saghir, Muhammad Ibrahim Khalil, from the Al-Jaafira Al-Husseini"

Garaad Awal

Zubeyri, Hanafi Maturidi
There's a new basal E-Z813 sample.

yi4FiTZ.jpeg

Although he didn't put a flag, he designated himself with avl, Eastern Egyptian Bedawi Arabic, the dialect spoken by nomads in: the Sinai peninsula and the Negev desert.

BBHcEeq.jpeg

It'd be interesting if he continues to be basal at E-Z813. In such a case there'd be two basal E-Z813 samples in the same general vicinity: Sinai and Nablus/Palestine. Along with the fleshed out subclades, E-Y17859 and E-Z21175, which have upstream samples in the Sinai, NW Saudi Arabia and Kuwait that run parallel to the Cushitic branches.

Mu8nhEL.jpeg

k4siPks.jpeg

Of course there's obvious caveats such as: the lone Neolithic E-Z813 being a >3,000 year old Kenyan pastoralist; and E-Z813's sister clade E-Y28701 containing Saharans and early medieval Kulubnarti Nubians. Rather than a Sinai origin as the present DNA evidence suggests, it could simply be a case of under sampling of nomads from the eastern desert.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The Saudis under the same clade come from NW Saudi neighbouring the Sinai with the last name Bedawi I believe. Very interesting theory

Doctorabdi

الوقت من ذهب
@Step a side @The alchemist I do have to ask, the common ancestor between all these group seems to be around 2000 BCE as Shimbiri said. Wouldn't most of our genetic material already been inside the horn and was there a secondary migration of nubians?

Last edited:
@Step a side @The alchemist I do have to ask, the common ancestor between all these group seems to be around 2000 BCE as Shimbiri said. Wouldn't most of our genetic material already been inside the horn and was there a secondary migration of nubians?

I will wait for @The alchemist or @Shimbiris because I’m not sure. From Somaliland to Eastern Sudan propably had the same stock of people with Eritrea being the epicentre of that culture.

Who is the Nubian according to you? The medieval kulubnarti E-v32 Nubians were mostly positive for this branch 👇 I don’t think they had anything to do with the aforementioned group above other than backing each other up against the Ancient Egyptians at times of war.

Last edited:
Strictly from that haplogroup, it would not be in the Horn of Africa 4000 years ago.

There were at least two migrations ~1000 years apart, with the latter being that haplogroup.

There were multiple migrations of pastoralists coming into the Horn over a long period of time, at least as far back as 5000 years, probably 6, the bulk probably came 4500-3000 years ago

There were multiple migrations of pastoralists coming into the Horn over a long period of time, at least as far back as 5000 years, probably 6, the bulk probably came 4500-3000 years ago
Instresting stuff came out on the gash culture. Your right have the successive waves of pastoralists coming into the horn. The latest migrations happened at the tail end of the gash culture perhaps being the cause of the cultures decline. The Y-Dna samples from the culture weren't any subclades found in modern somalis. Perhaps a latter wave of related paternal lineages wiped them out.

Instresting stuff came out on the gash culture. Your right have the successive waves of pastoralists coming into the horn. The latest migrations happened at the tail end of the gash culture perhaps being the cause of the cultures decline. The Y-Dna samples from the culture weren't any subclades found in modern somalis. Perhaps a latter wave of related paternal lineages wiped them out.
Show me the stuff on the gash. Sounds interesting.

Trending

Latest posts