Simmilarites between Cushitic and Amazigh people

Internet Nomad

๐‘ฎ๐’๐’๐’† ๐’‡๐’๐’“ ๐’ˆ๐’“๐’†๐’†๐’๐’†๐’“ ๐’‘๐’‚๐’”๐’•๐’–๐’“๐’†๐’”
VIP
Is it me or do Ethiopians and Somalis (to a lesser extent) have cultural similarities with the Amazigh people of North Africa.
I would understand us having similarities with Arabs but Amazigh people have very little presence in east african history.

Here are examples:

77131C2B-CAB7-4DD0-8D48-3767647D7F11.jpeg
Amazigh Facial tattoo
E14F8237-FB63-43DD-B006-5B1242AE41CC.jpeg
Ethiopian Facial Tattoo
61DE4B80-EDEA-45F6-9C03-CB4673F884EA.jpeg
Amazigh Trad Clothing
1A0E9A70-851D-47F6-AD2A-7F8E870517B7.jpeg
Ethiopian Trad Clothing
Here is even a video to show the similarites amogst music and dance

My big question why does somalis not share these similarities like you would expect some people from the miyi with undiluted culture to be rocking these face tats.

Internet Nomad

๐‘ฎ๐’๐’๐’† ๐’‡๐’๐’“ ๐’ˆ๐’“๐’†๐’†๐’๐’†๐’“ ๐’‘๐’‚๐’”๐’•๐’–๐’“๐’†๐’”
VIP
Is it me or do Ethiopians and Somalis (to a lesser extent) have cultural similarities with the Amazigh people of North Africa.
I would understand us having similarities with Arabs but Amazigh people have very little presence in east african history.

Here are examples:

View attachment 258357Amazigh Facial tattoo
View attachment 258358Ethiopian Facial Tattoo
View attachment 258361Amazigh Trad Clothing
View attachment 258362Ethiopian Trad Clothing
Here is even a video to show the similarites amogst music and dance

My big question why does somalis not share these similarities like you would expect some people from the miyi with undiluted culture to be rocking these face tats.
We probably just left our old culture and started new ones with mix with Persians , south Asians and Arabs.
We have connections with them a lot even tho were different people.

The Ethiopians donโ€™t have that similarity with south Asians, Persian and Arabs

Ethiopians are Semitic not Cushitic nacaas yaho. Why do brain dead n&Nโ€™ers love to equate us to xabeshi
Ethiopians ainโ€™t Semitic (there is many ethics groups) lol
Xabeshi the one you meant ainโ€™t Semitic as well
The study proven theyโ€™re Cushitic but with higher Eurasian blood then Somali

We probably just left our old culture and started new ones with mix with Persians , south Asians and Arabs.

The Ethiopians donโ€™t have that similarity with south Asians, Persian and Arabs
Isaaq tribes around AwBarkhadle used to get facial tattoos too after doing some weird animal sacrifices . Those tattoos resembled crosses like the Xabesh & Amazight

Internet Nomad

VIP
Ethiopians are Semitic not Cushitic nacaas yaho. Why do brain dead n&Nโ€™ers love to equate us to xabeshi
Ethiopians are cushites with a higher eurasian dna than us. Their language is semetic.

Thats a shame i understand that the gaal practices should be abandoned but it would be nice to document how our culture was at one point.

Isaaq tribes around AwBarkhadle used to get facial tattoos too after doing some weird animal sacrifices . Those tattoos resembled crosses like the Xabesh & Amazight
That was just some lingering jahiliya from their christian days. There's evidence Somalis in the north used to be orthodox christians before Islam.

My dad and me used paint crosses temporarily tattoos on our forehead for religious purposes. We used ash

Doctorabdi

ุงู„ูˆู‚ุช ู…ู† ุฐู‡ุจ
There's really none. I mean kabyle clothing can look similar to albanian for example but that's it. The Amazigh are still genetically related the most to egyptians and the levant the other Mediterranean regions. For example the typical north african is made up of native north african, then some levant and then some southern european

Doctorabdi

ุงู„ูˆู‚ุช ู…ู† ุฐู‡ุจ

Eh, Amazigh are diverse and can have different cultures throughout North Africa. People don't seem to understand there is regional diversity. Turags are counted as Amazigh even though they are more like cousins more than anything. Northern Amazigh is quite different to Southern

Doctorabdi

ุงู„ูˆู‚ุช ู…ู† ุฐู‡ุจ
That was just some lingering jahiliya from their christian days. There's evidence Somalis in the north used to be orthodox christians before Islam.
Really? Interesting. Northern Amazigh before islam were heavily romanized. They were majority christian. "Saint Augustine" was a key person in Catholicism and is loved and adored, he was of berber origin. Some were Jewish some were Pagan

they are Germanic. Thatโ€™s correct.

Cushitic isnโ€™t a gene, itโ€™s a language group. Maay speaking bantus and Arabs are Cushitic.
Cushitic is also a common ancestry. Just like bantu is language group and also common larger group of people

Trending