'Similarities Between Hitler's Third Reich and Modi's India Growing Everyday': Avay Shukla

One of India’s best-known and most widely read bloggers, whose pieces seem to go viral each time he puts them up on his site called ‘View from (Greater) Kailash’, has bluntly said “the similarities between Hitler’s Third Reich and Modi’s India are growing every day”. The comparison may have started in terms of the percentage of the popular vote that brought Hitler’s Nazis to power in 1932 in Germany and Narendra Modi’s BJP to power in India in 2014 but it now extends to many other aspects such as the intolerance of dissent, treatment of the opposition, deliberate policies designed to divide and polarize society, the attitude to the media and the cult of personality carefully created around the leader. Avay Shukla adds this is something every Indian must be concerned about particularly because polls repeatedly suggest Narendra Modi remains as popular as he was when he first became Prime Minister seven years ago.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
The Hindutva ideology propogated by the RSS stems from NSDAP (Third Reich) thinking.

So not surprised.

EEF-cofXsAAPW0R.jpg

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Within the past hundred years- how many Muslim countries has China invaded and how many Muslim countries has the US invaded?

How many Muslim countries has the West colonized and how many has China colonized?

You did not answer my question.

The fact you reeled off this defence shows your insecurity in your support for the CCP.

If we believe the claims being pushed by the West and we assume they're not lying again... just like they lied about the Lusitiania, Gulf of Tonkin, Iraqis and incubators thing, WMDs... even if we assume that they're not lying this time... China is a threat to a group of people known as the Uyghurs. On the other hand, the US is a threat to the entire Muslim world.

It is not speculation that the US goes around invading Muslim countries- we can see this right in front of us. They also try to force Westernization on the entire Muslim world.

One entity may or may not be threatening the Uyghurs. The other is threatening the entire Muslim world.

Who is going to invade a MENA country if they try to implement the sharia? You think China is going to do anything? All the evidence points that it's the US that is the bigger threat.

You did not answer my question.

The fact you reeled off this defence shows your insecurity in your support for the CCP.

No, that I asked some of my own questions shows that I knew exactly what you were trying to get at- the exact same place the White House wants to get at. You are a lion when it comes to attacking any forces that stand up to the West but you are not so when it comes to the West.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
If we believe the claims being pushed by the West and we assume they're not lying again... just like they lied about the Lusitiania, Gulf of Tonkin, Iraqis and incubators thing, WMDs... even if we assume that they're not lying this time... China is a threat to a group of people known as the Uyghurs. On the other hand, the US is a threat to the entire Muslim world.

It is not speculation that the US goes around invading Muslim countries- we can see this right in front of us. They also try to force Westernization on the entire Muslim world.

One entity may or may not be threatening the Uyghurs. The other is threatening the entire Muslim world.

Who is going to invade a MENA country if they try to implement the sharia? You think China is going to do anything? All the evidence points that it's the US that is the bigger threat.

Why are you complaining about India, then.

To use your logic.

If we believe the claims being pushed by Pakistan, India is only a threat to a group of people called the Kashmiris. On the other hand the US is a threat to the entire muslim world.

Both China and India are subjugating Muslims but what China is doing is worse.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
No, that I asked some of my own questions shows that I knew exactly what you were trying to get at- the exact same place the White House wants to get at. You are a lion when it comes to attacking any forces that stand up to the West but you are not so when it comes to the West.

No, I am actually a post-colonialist by ideology, so I hold a very critical view of the West and US.

My ideological idols are people like Edward Said, who if you read were not massive fans of the US.

I have written academic papers and journalism pieces critical of post-colonial thinking.

I just hate hypocrites like yourself. That's the difference.

Why are you complaining about India, then.

To use your logic.

If we believe the claims being pushed by Pakistan, India is only a threat to a group of people called the Kashmiris. On the other hand the US is a threat to the entire muslim world.

Both China and India are subjugating Muslims but what China is doing is worse.

India, the US and so-called "Israel" are on the same side.

The global cold war taking place is between China and the US, not the US and India.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
India, the US and so-called "Israel" are on the same side.

The global cold war taking place is between China and the US, not the US and India.

Be critical of everyone or shut up.

You lose the moral high ground if you're going to become a cheerleader for one side because you hate the other side more.

I am not a fan of US foreign policy but I also dislike China.

I am not going to be blind to China's horrific acts because my disagreements with the US.

If that's the case, how are you different from US foreign policy hawks like Cheney and Rumsfeld?

No, I am actually a post-colonialist by ideology, so I hold a very critical view of the West and US.

My ideological idols are people like Edward Said, who if you read were not massive fans of the US.

I have written academic papers and journalism pieces critical of post-colonial thinking.

I just hate hypocrites like yourself. That's the difference.

You defend lgbt, defend Western ideology, attack the Taliban and China then you claim some kind of fake anti-colonialism.

The Taliban are waging a real struggle against colonialism, your white liberal sjw associates are not real anti-colonialists. You can't even just directly say "anti-colonialist,"

In regards to China- Mugabe, Huey Newton, Malcolm X, Hugo Chávez and now the Taliban were/are on the same side as myself.

The anti-colonialism I am in favor of is actual anti-colonialism not liberal sjw ideology larping as anti-colonialism... or calling itself "postcolonialism" because it can't just come out and say "anti-colonialism" for some reason.

The type of anti-colonialism I support actually causes a visceral reaction from white people. My kind of anti-colonialist is Mullah Omar. The kind of "anti-colonialism" you represent is AOC, Ilhan Omar type "anti-colonialism," the "anti-colonialism" of Starbucks liberals.

White people, except maybe hardcore Republicans, aren't going to feel bothered because you like Edward Said. But you should see how white people react when I say what I think around them. And if your views don't elicit that kind of reaction, you're not a real anti-colonialist. They can sense who is actually a threat and who isn't.

You are basically a liberal Democrat type. You liberal Ilhan Omar types are not anti-colonialists.

And it's hilarious to me that you hold up Edward Said like you're referencing a pious predecessor or something.

He's a Palestinian who isn't even followed by actual Palestinians.

You can follow liberal sjw politics all you want but I don't think liberal sjw politics make you some kind of authority on anti-colonialism.

What is hilarious is that you are a sellout to the West and you want to larp as an anti-colonialist.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Umm no. And you even changed your avatar to Edward Said?

What percentage of ordinary people in MENA even know who he is? You are deeply entrenched in the latte politics.

Loool @ Latte politics.

Edward Said created the post-colonial field of study or have you never read Orientalism?

The opinions you spout about Western interference were spouted by him half a century ago. He has influenced many leaders in terms of ideological and practical thinking.

Ask any Palestinian today about Edward Said and he is considered a hero.

Ask any academic in political theory and they will tell you he was a great thinker

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
You defend lgbt, defend Western ideology, attack the Taliban and China then you claim some kind of fake anti-colonialism.

The Taliban are waging a real struggle against colonialism, your white liberal sjw associates are not real anti-colonialists. You can't even just directly say "anti-colonialist,"

And I could retort that you defend the international drug trade, attack the US while also defend the most murderous political party since the beginning of the 20th century.

The field of study is called "post-colonialism" not anti-colonialism, in that it discusses on how to progress to a period post colonialism. It really does not need explaining to the average person.

In regards to China- Mugabe, Huey Newton, Malcolm X, Hugo Chávez and now the Taliban were/are on the same side as myself.

The anti-colonialism I am in favor of is actual anti-colonialism not liberal sjw ideology larping as anti-colonialism... or calling itself "postcolonialism" because it can't just come out and say "anti-colonialism" for some reason.

The type of anti-colonialism I support actually causes a visceral reaction from white people. My kind of anti-colonialist is Mullah Omar. The kind of "anti-colonialism" you represent is AOC, Ilhan Omar type "anti-colonialism," the "anti-colonialism" of Starbucks liberals.

Huey Newton and Malcom X were supportive of communist governments, the latter of whom actually stated he was a communist.

I thought you were anti-communist.

Even in your arguments, you are a hypocrite.

White people, except maybe hardcore Republicans, aren't going to feel bothered because you like Edward Said. But you should see how white people react when I say what I think around them. And if your views don't elicit that kind of reaction, you're not a real anti-colonialist. They can sense who is actually a threat and who isn't.

So you judge the weight of your political opinions based on the white man's reactions.....

Doesn't that make you more subservient to the white man?

You are basically a liberal Democrat type. You liberal Ilhan Omar types are not anti-colonialists.

And it's hilarious to me that you hold up Edward Said like you're referencing a pious predecessor or something.

He's a Palestinian who isn't even followed by actual Palestinians.

You can follow liberal sjw politics all you want but I don't think liberal sjw politics make you some kind of authority on anti-colonialism.

What is hilarious is that you are a sellout to the West and you want to larp as an anti-colonialist.

Edward Said created the thinking you have today.

The fact you have little respect for academics shows the lightweight nature of your intellect. One should respect scholars, academic or religious, as they have knowledge that we do not possess.

I am more of an authority relative to yourself since I'm well read on this topic, studied this topic and have spent a considerable portion of my life on this topic.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
The kind of "anti-colonialism" you represent is AOC, Ilhan Omar type "anti-colonialism,".

White people aren't going to feel bothered because you like Edward Said. But you should see how white people react when I say what I think around them. And if your views don't elicit that kind of reaction, you're not a real anti-colonialist.

Since you judge anti-colonialism based on the white man's reaction and dismiss AOC/Ilhan's post-colonialist credentials.

I decided to judge them by your metric.

:mjlol:

Loool @ Latte politics.

Edward Said created the post-colonial field of study or have you never read Orientalism?

The opinions you spout about Western interference were spouted by him half a century ago. He has influenced many leaders in terms of ideological and practical thinking.

Ask any Palestinian today about Edward Said and he is considered a hero.

Ask any academic in political theory and they will tell you he was a great thinker

Academics also say God doesn't exist and there are infinity genders. I don't care what they think.

I already know who Edward Said is. Anti-imperialism has been around way longer than him and Frantz Fanon was before him. But anyways Lenin wrote his treatise on anti-imperialism way before that. Edward Said is one of numerous of his type- Fanon, Freire, etc. He didn't invent some brand new thing.

I won't lie and say I've read Orientalism but I think I have read some of his stuff and I found it really boring. I've read Fanon, Freire, etc. I'm well aware of that kind of stuff. Just reading Edward Said, Frantz Fanon, Freire, etc. doesn't make you an anti-colonialist. Actually being an anti-colonialist makes you an anti-colonialist.

As far as Edward Said allegedly being this anti-Western guy.....

this is the political party he helped found:

so basically a liberal secular democracy party that seems to have almost no actual influence in Palestine. He was a leftist Palestinian academic who wrote against racism against Arabs.

I'm all for opposing anti-Arab racism and being for the Palestinians but he doesn't represent opposition to the West in the same way the Taliban-Pakistan-China axis does. That axis literally just defeated the US military in an armed conflict. There's a difference between that and writing an essay on Western stereotypes of Arabs.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Academics also say God doesn't exist and there are infinity genders. I don't care what they think.

I already know who Edward Said is. Anti-imperialism has been around way longer than him and Frantz Fanon was before him. But anyways Lenin wrote his treatise on anti-imperialism way before that. Edward Said is one of numerous of his type- Fanon, Freire, etc. He didn't invent some brand new thing.

I won't lie and say I've read Orientalism but I think I have read some of his stuff and I found it really boring. I've read Fanon, Freire, etc. I'm well aware of that kind of stuff. Just reading Edward Said, Frantz Fanon, Freire, etc. doesn't make you an anti-colonialist. Actually being an anti-colonialist makes you an anti-colonialist.

As far as Edward Said allegedly being this anti-Western guy.....

this is the political party he helped found:

so basically a liberal secular democracy party that seems to have almost no actual influence in Palestine. He was a leftist Palestinian academic who wrote against racism against Arabs.

I'm all for opposing anti-Arab racism and being for the Palestinians but he doesn't represent opposition to the West in the same way the Taliban-Pakistan-China axis does. That axis literally just defeated the US military in an armed conflict. There's a difference between that and writing an essay on Western stereotypes of Arabs.

He literally died a year after that party was founded. Ofc its not going to be influential if the founder dies months later.

You could have at least googled Edward Said before you posted this.