Siad Barre Was Evil 🙁

Bazed

Tired.
VIP
The issue is some people look at this and think we're accusing their "clan" when we're just say a state regime did that all that atrocities not Qabil on Qabil but if that man is from your clan you're supposedly have to defend him even if he's guilty according to Somalis that's why I don't see any reconciliation or healing ever happening in our society.
I've noticed that about us. The lack of accountability is a huge issue, I've heard stories of aunties sending their sons back home after they've committed some sort of crime. I simply don't get why we can't just admit our faults. Is it pride?

I do think educating people about the horrors of the old regime is vital to at least beginning the road to recovery. People have to know that while they're not responsible for what has happened, these acts were still committed by our government upon our fellow countrymen.

attash

Amaan Duule
Siad Barre didn’t do anything that the other factions haven’t also done, including SNM:

When Isaaqs call SNM “mujahids” or when your Hawiye kinsmen praise their warlords, you don’t have an issue, it’s only a problem when Daroods do it, eh? The difference between Siad Barre and the others is that Barre made a net contribution to the country through his government programs, while the other leaders didn’t contribute anything.

Internet Nomad

𝑮𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒓 𝒑𝒂𝒔𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒆𝒔
VIP
Siad Barre didn’t do anything that the other factions haven’t also done, including SNM:

When Isaaqs call SNM “mujahids” or when your Hawiye kinsmen praise their warlords, you don’t have an issue, it’s only a problem when Daroods do it, eh? The difference between Siad Barre and the others is that Barre made a net contribution to the country through his government programs, while the other leaders didn’t contribute anything.

Everything he did good for the government and the people he tore it down.

Just wanted to clarify my clan MX had nothing to do with these atrocities ! and as for wounds healing, they can't heal while the perps are free, they must be rounded up and put in jail to rot away for the rest of their lives.

Sometimes MX get tricked into defending the last years of the Kacaan because of MSB being MX, but really those were the worst years even MX got massacred those years.
CBFF4B9B-C071-4016-82DD-0BAF72316CC7.jpeg
Mohamed hashi shabeel was a member of the USC & from the hawiye clan…he took part in the xasuuq going on in the north but ay mayn irir samaale n shiet mayn

Iidoor never killed hundred of SSC civilians I can literally count to the fingers how many civilians we lost and it ain't over 20 while we killed 1,500 and captured over 400 snm soldiers and in our end lost about 150 max soldiers, we massacred them, iidoor never oppressed anyone, they just sided and funded one sub clan of ours who hated others sub clans and pl, when they tried to play big we forced them to hide in caves and gave them 7 months even tho we could easily destroyed them but we didn't wanna lose that much soldiers, we could easily go to oog and seek revenge for the people we lost but we merciful people
In February many SSC natives claimed SL massacred thousands of civilians, now you are claiming 20 civilians died. It doesn't make sense

The number of deaths in 1988 is often exaggerated. Siad Barre wasn't even the main conspirer behind the bombings it was his VP a tumaal General ali samatar who pushed for it. As for revenge it was already achieved in the 1990s and clans responsible for killing us were killed in return between 1993 and 1997 before the Somaliland peace campaign. Clan warfare should not be looked at as genocide, we Somalis kill each other all the time we should not victimize ourselves but instead be proud of our victory as SNM took the biggest win in the end.

Trending

Latest posts