Should younger generation of Somalis in the West continue supporting relatives back home?

I understand the concept of sending money to your grandparents, aunts, uncles, young cousins and nieces and nephews.

But what about the grown ones that can work that don’t need money? Half of my maternal cousins graduated from medical and business schools in turkey so should I be sending them money as well?

Some of you are saying we should send them money no matter what. But how is that going to help them? How is it going to help Somalia’s economy? Shouldn’t we be more focused on funding there education and helping them open businesses?

Anyway thank you for coming to my Ted-Talk.

Do hoyo and aabo know about your beliefs ?

:childplease:
tenor.gif

Tbh some people I send money to can be rude and ungrateful. I only get calls when money is needed, never a salam, how you doing or even an eid/ramadan kareem.

On top of that some distant family members only established relationships with me after they heard I was out of school and working. I send them money for the sake of Allah and to make my mother happy, but I do feel salty about it sometimes
There’s a Hadith where the Prophet (SAW) said that on the day of judgement, there will be no shade on that day except for 7 types of people.
One of the people are those who give charity so secretly that their right hand doesn’t know what their left hand gave.

May Allah make us from those who give freely.

I want to give the sister the benefit of the doubt, and assume that what she meant was that people who only call her for money or are ungrateful when given money is her issue.

Lostbox

「Immortal Sage」| Qabil-fluid
VIP
I'm last on the list of people in my family or clan to ask for money. If they do I'll be shocked

SOULSEARCHING

Hakuna matata
VIP
My grandma passed away almost 3 days ago and I got a call from some distant cousins, the two questions they asked me first was are you studying or working, I immediately knew that their goal was they wanted to know if I worked so I'll send money, I said no I only study full-time, they were like ok...nice talking to you bye !

Trending