Should we separate Mosque and State, as Somalis?

Should we separate Mosque and State

• Yes - Explain Why

• No - Explain Why

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Secularism should be the future. Religion is too suffocating for a state to thrive. There are countless other Islamic states that are almost universally hellholes. Being secular does not automatically mean being a gaal as most Muslims would tell you. Secularism is part of the vital foundation for a successful state. Sharia also actively discriminates against minorities. It's practically tailored for tyranny and corruption in the modern world.

Last edited:
Secularism is the future. Religion is too suffocating for a state to thrive. There are countless other Islamic states that are almost universally hellholes. Being secular does not automatically mean being a gaal as most Muslims would tell you. Secularism is part of the vital foundation for a successful state. Sharia also actively discriminates against minorities. It's practically tailored for tyranny and corruption in the modern world.

Yes, like Turkey and post-revolutionary Egypt.

Abumaas

So By The Book I Preach & By The Sword I Implement
In other words, become a secular state.

:what1: Still not sure whether to take you seriously or not, you have a Farmaajo Avatar on as a supporter but the statement of an secessionist with the Somaliland Independence movement!?!?!

:what1: Still not sure whether to take you seriously or not, you have a Farmaajo Avatar on as a supporter but the statement of an secessionist with the Somaliland Independence movement!?!?!

You're new, don't worry, you'll get used to it.

Abumaas

So By The Book I Preach & By The Sword I Implement
Sepereation of Islam and Dawla, another expression of Gaalo wanaabes that makes me believe that forumers on this site are dirtied (in terms of soul) to the extend i believe a Ritual purification is in order!

I demand in the name of Salvation of our Youngsters an Administration Post in this Heathen infested Sspot.

Zayd

Habar Magaadle
A good example of governance is in the governance of Umar, the general ethical makeup of the society should be one in line with universal/Islamic concepts that are in essence what the human seeks out.

What I mean is a freedom for individuals to pursuit their paths in life under the security of a state that sees its citizens as its children, and not cash cows to be made slaves as we are in modern western civilization.

I'm still limited in London in my pursuit of higher knowledge because of the trap of student loans and how I'll end up becoming a debt slave simply because I wanted to seek knowledge.

Aristotle said in the opening of his book metaphysics that all men naturally desire to know...

So in the ideal state knowledge should be available to the laity, the economy should be free of usurious elements in order to prevent greed becoming the goal of society.

The Mosque represents the faith am I right? If so then early examples of success in the merging of state and religion demonstrates that it is not entirely impossible although it hasn't been done well arguably since the time of Umar.

But firstly we have to define what is the mosque today, is it's role defined as a centre providing spiritual nourishment allowing the human being to become a true caretaker of the earth and it's various forms of life? Or is it a dogmatic building where people bow up and down all day long?

The ultimate goal of the Muslim is to be in harmony with the universe and the world in it's most natural state, and if it is placed at the helm of a state then it's goal is to transform that society in to a model where the caretaking of the world is enacted.

Umar said "By God I'm afraid I will be questioned about a Donkey having a heavy load placed on it's back" this moral compass that the true Muslim possess is one in which caretaking is emphasised more over than anything else.

Every other Empire in history enforced it's customs and rulings on the conquered peoples, except the true Muslim Empire where each peoples were given the freedom to judge their peoples in accordance to their own laws, they had their own schools and places of worship.

So as a Somali who acknowledges that today our pathetic leaders helplessly adopted democracy as a form of governance, I disagree in that removing the faith from the realm of the state would somewhat increase progress and development, if anything it would usher in moral decay and decadence.

Dhay Geel

"Aar kow Dheh"
I totally disagree we are Muslim nation in fact we should be using the Quran and shariah more.
Maybe if we did there would be more justice.
We are a bunch of lost people why should we be following the white man system?

Sepereation of Islam and Dawla, another expression of Gaalo wanaabes that makes me believe that forumers on this site are dirtied (in terms of soul) to the extend i believe a Ritual purification is in order!

I demand in the name of Salvation of our Youngsters an Administration Post in this Heathen infested Sspot.

People like Horumar are gaalo. It is known.

Somalis are too stupid for secularism and democracy, to them it's just qabiil politics. They don't care about quality leadership, only tol.
Wallahi Somalis need authoritarianism to whip them back into shape. All this democracy talk is a waste of time & only deepens the qabiil divide, but i guess this is only a pipe dream for now...

Anybody who calls for secularism or other than the Shariah is a gaal, is a gaal, is a gaal.

I'm gonna start writing there names down on notepad for future reference.

List so far based on this thread alone:

Prince of Lasanod
Somali General
Hemaal
Gambar
Horumar
ItzDoctorz
Araman

No, secularism in Somalia will definitely create more terrorists than Al Shabaab, ppl would start to feel like there country religion and identity is being taken away from them, this will give a green light to all the khawarjis to kill any somali on sight. What works in the West won't work in other places.

Last time we had a true religious state were the AJuuran, which was a theocratic state. Their downfall was immensely sad, at the hands of their own subjects.. Hiraab, geledi and silcis. Reminds me of the loss of mandate of heaven that can be seen throughout the plethora of Chinese dynasties collapsing such as Ming, Tang, Song and Han for example.

Theocratic state = failed
Democratic state = failed in 1969
Marxist - leninist state authoritarian = failed in 1991
Colonialism = failed
Anarchy = only thing a nomadic savage can thrive, afterall what has a somali nomad achieved other than stealing camels and killing other clansmen in their life? they're more ignorant than pre-islamic arabs.

"The Somalis are a fierce race of republicans, constantly changing political loyalties-the Somalis lived in what amounted to a state of chronic political schizophrenia, verging on of anarchy."-Sir Richard Burton

"Me against my brother, my brother and I against our family, our family against our tribe, our tribe against other tribes, all the tribes against Somalia, and Somalia and Somalis against the world"-Somali Proverb

"When the Somalis are not attacking foreign and manipulating peoples, they are attacking each other, it’s an innate almost sexual pleasure to do so, but it’s what keeps the Somali occupied"
(author unknown)

Last time we had a true religious state were the AJuuran, which was a theocratic state. Their downfall was immensely sad, at the hands of their own subjects.. Hiraab, geledi and silcis. Reminds me of the loss of mandate of heaven that can be seen throughout the plethora of Chinese dynasties collapsing such as Ming, Tang, Song and Han for example.

Theocratic state = failed
Democratic state = failed in 1969
Marxist - leninist state = failed in 1991
Colonialism = failed
Anarchy = only thing a nomadic savage can thrive, afterall what has a somali nomad achieved other than stealing camels and killing other clansmen in their life? they're more ignorant than pre-islamic arabs.

Adjuran Sultanate collapsed when they went against the Shariah. The rulers made it law that they had to sleep with the newly wed brides before the husband, what kind of nonsense is that? If they stuck the path they were previously on, it would have went from success to success, but Shaytan never sleeps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending