Should the west legalise Polygamous marriages?

West legalise poly marriages?

• Total voters

Cyrus

Arabist| Akh-Right Movement|احب الملكات العرب
Stop saying you support polygamy when in actuality you mean polygyny. We all know most Muslims males only care about it because they dream about banging more than one female without realizing the repercussions.

The reason why gay marriage is legal and polygamy will not be legalized anytime soon is because marriage is viewed as the joining of TWO individual.
Marriage was literally defined as the ' holy matrimony between one man and one woman' in most of the west who base their consitutions on judeo-christian tradition. They changed the definition recently and who said that they wont change it again???

Yes, i want polygny lool but i will use polygamy as a way to gain traction. Plus polyandry rarely ever happened in history nor is it common now but the same cant be said for Polygny. Btw, their are many Mormon lobby groups fighting hard to amend these laws and us Muslim men will benefit inshallah

Gay men are free to marry and women are not objects that exist for the sole purpose of pleasing the eccentric whims of a man.

They have intentions completely unrelated to being one of many baby making catchers. They want love, security, and a partner that will give them undivided attention and affection.
They don't want to share their man:westbrookwtf:

Polygamy is simply too problematic to work in a society where women have rights since it is fundamentally a practice that relies on exploiting women

Last edited:

lalayariis

Bad cop
Gay men are free to marry and women are not objects that exist for the sole purpose of pleasing the eccentric whims of a man.

They have dreams completely unrelated to being one of many baby making catchers. They want love, security, and a partner that will give them undivided attention and affection.

Polygamy is simply too problematic to work in a society where women have rights as it is fundamentally a practice that relies on exploiting women
If my husband wanted a second wife, he could have one. He’d just have to start over because I’m divorcing him.:nahgirl:

psyche

To each their own
Marriage was literally defined as the ' holy matrimony between one man and one woman' in most of the west who base their consitutions on judeo-christian tradition. They changed the definition recently and who said that they wont change it again???

Yes, i want polygny lool but i will use polygamy as a way to gain traction. Plus polyandry rarely ever happened in history nor is it common now but the same cant be said for Polygny. Btw, their are many Mormon lobby groups fighting hard to amend these laws and us Muslim men will benefit inshallah

Let's be honest here, the demand for gay marriage is way higher than the demand for polygamy in the west.

And the change from the traditional marriage to a more inclusive marriage definition was hardly even a change whereas introducing polygamy will honestly require a huge change.

Comparing gay marriage to polygamy is pretty disingenuous considering they have very little in common.

Phiirso

Getting draids inshallah
If my husband wanted a second wife, he could have one. He’d just have to start over because I’m divorcing him.:nahgirl:

tenor.gif

Let's be honest here, the demand for gay marriage is way higher than the demand for polygamy in the west.

And the change from the traditional marriage to a more inclusive marriage definition was hardly even a change whereas introducing polygamy will honestly require a huge change.

Comparing gay marriage to polygamy is pretty disingenuous considering they have very little in common.

The commonalities are that like gay marriage in the past and even now, polygamy is seen as something undesirable and not something suited for society as a whole. Western society mainly. But gay marriage has been normalized so much that it's not really much of an issue anymore, again in the west. You're actually viewed as the undesirable for not accepting the status quo.