Should the west legalise Polygamous marriages?

West legalise poly marriages?

• Total voters

Cyrus

Arabist| Akh-Right Movement|احب الملكات العرب
I mean they have already stained the whole concept of marriage ' the holy matrimony between one man and one woman', now that they have allowed filth like gay marriages & people marrying themselves. This just shows the agenda they have against religous individuals. They allow any degeneracy itw but never legalise polygamy. Why dont the LGBT community advocate for the legalisation of Polygamous marriages??

Cyrus

I voted yes why should the government tell people how much people they can marry @sophisticate could you explain your vote.
The point is the government should have no say in it but since they do, we will have to use the government as a means. The state legalised Gay marriage and polygamous marriages are still not recognised here. Its a clear infringement on religous liberty tbh. Gays can get married(their is absolutely no reason as to why they should tbh) but i cant legally marry 4 wives.

Mormons and Muslims have been working to tackle this double standards for many years but it seems like our cries are falling on deaf ears.

The point is the government should have no say in it but since they do, we will have to use the government as a means. The state legalised Gay marriage and polygamous marriages are still not recognised here. Its a clear infringement on religous liberty tbh. Gays can get married(their is absolutely no reason as to why they should tbh) but i cant legally marry 4 wives.

Mormons and Muslims have been working to tackle this double standards for many years but it seems like our cries are falling on deaf ears.
I have a question for you akhi if the west legalized polygamy it would also allow women multiple husbands would it be worth it to you then.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I voted yes why should the government tell people how much people they can marry @sophisticate could you explain your vote.

I'm team man + woman = lifelong monogamy. Extreme for some but I lowered my standards to just monogamy. I won't take away your right to divorce who ever you choose.

Anyway too much of a bureaucratic mess. I think we can agree on two beings getting married then dividing assets upon divorce but multiple persons is a legal headache in the west.

Cyrus

I have a question for you akhi if the west legalized polygamy it would also allow women multiple husbands would it be worth it to you then.
Yes because aint no woman finding four men to marry and in the extremely rare case where they do, its not enough to live a mark:pachah1:Its practically a non-issue but their are many men who can accomodate 2,3,4+ wives.Their is a whole state called Utah waiting for this law to be amended

Cyrus

I'm team man + woman = lifelong monogamy. Extreme for some but I lowered my standards to just monogamy. I won't take away your right to divorce who ever you choose.

Anyway too much of a bureaucratic mess. I think we can agree on two beings getting married then dividing assets upon divorce but multiple persons is a legal headache in the west.
So by your logic then, you would also want the legalisation of Gay marriages to be revoked or that would leave you being a hypocrite. People had the same concerns with Homosexual marriages but that didnt stop them from going through.

My point is since the west has unleashed the floodgates, they shouldnt hold back now. Legalise all arrangements or you will have people complaining.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
So by your logic then, you would also want the legalisation of Gay marriages to be revoked or that would leave you being a hypocrite. People had the same concerns with Homosexual marriages but that didnt stop them from going through.

My point is since the west has unleashed the floodgates, they shouldnt hold back now. Legalise all arrangements or you will have people complaining.
I am not for polygamy being tabled as an option in the west. I don't mind the religious ceremonies that consenting people agree to but I don't want them having legal protections under the law. Nor multiple sponsorships of spouses back home. Do you know how many false marriage scams this will contribute to?

Cyrus

I am not for polygamy being tabled as an option in the west. I don't mind the religious ceremonies that consenting people agree to but I don't want them having legal protections under the law. Nor multiple sponsorships of spouses back home. Do you know how many false marriage scams this will contribute to?
You said you are team one man and one woman but dont care about same sex marriages being made an option/or implemented in the west.

So essentially you support the fitlh which is same sex arrangements but not polygamy?? You are inhibiting the religous liberty of millions of people across the world. If legally consenting peoples want to have a pluralised marriage-who is the state to turn them back?? The same state that has made it okay for two women to get married even though statistically kids brought up by same sex couples face alot more development issues??

Btw, why do you care what arrangements legally consenting adults enter into??

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
You said you are team one man and one woman but dont care about same sex marriages being made an option/or implemented in the west.

So essentially you support the fitlh which is same sex arrangements but not polygamy?? You are inhibiting the religous liberty of millions of people across the world. If legally consenting peoples want to have a pluralised marriage-who is the state to turn them back?? The same state that has made it okay for two women to get married even though statistically kids brought up by same sex couples face alot more development issues??

Btw, why do you care what arrangements legally consenting adults enter into??

I don't care about them. So don't put words in my mouth. I only addressed polygamy not same sex marriages. But if you want to open up that can of worms. If you support polygamy in the west you are cosigning on three men marrying also. We could turn this back on you, waryaa.

We can't do anything about them but we can prevent irresponsible men who have trouble managing one wife in acquiring another and being supported by the state.
:ufdup:

Cyrus

I don't care about them. So don't put words in my mouth. I only addressed polygamy not same sex marriages. But if you want to open up that can of worms. If you support polygamy in the west you are cosigning on three men marrying also. We could turn this back on you, waryaa.

We can't do anything about them but we can prevent irresponsible men who have trouble managing one wife in acquiring another and being supported by the state.
:ufdup:
I have already said i dont care if 3 men marry as the odds of that happening are infinitesimally smaller than the reverse. Its a non-issue. Anyway, im glad your hypocrical SJW type arent in any positions of real power in the west yet tbh.

yes, legalize polygamous marriage. I wanna have my 4 wives each night. In nature, animals (zebras, giraffes, monkeys, etc) all enjoy polygamous life (1 male with bunch of females).
jamal9

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I have already said i dont care if 3 men marry as the odds of that happening are infinitesimally smaller than the reverse. Its a non-issue. Anyway, im glad your hypocrical SJW type arent in any positions of real power in the west yet tbh.

Its way more likely because they are men - similar drives different attraction. Gay men are typified as more open to these sorts of unions. If all they have to do is pay an application fee they probably will if it means living as a swinger but getting a tax break.

I care about how this will impact women which are largely not in favour. Most men aren't wealthy and are incapable of supporting more than one woman (in the west). But that won't prevent men on the brink of penury from giving it a go.

Once they realise the money they could make in taxes but it is covered in the fog of romanticized love between 2

We need presidents turning up with 1st,2nd,3rd ladies

Phiirso

Getting draids inshallah
Not a matter of should, but when now. f*ck yes I welcome this. If you have the capacity to be in a polygamous relationship, then you should be. This will destroy society but let it rain. Personally, mad max style world is ideal :banderas:

psyche

To each their own
Stop saying you support polygamy when in actuality you mean polygyny. We all know most Muslims males only care about it because they dream about banging more than one female without realizing the repercussions.

The reason why gay marriage is legal and polygamy will not be legalized anytime soon is because marriage is viewed as the joining of TWO individual.

Cyrus

Its way more likely because they are men - similar drives different attraction. Gay men are typified as more open to these sorts of unions. If all they have to do is pay an application fee they probably will if it means living as a swinger but getting a tax break.

I care about how this will impact women which are largely not in favour. Most men aren't wealthy and are incapable of supporting more than one woman (in the west). But that won't prevent men on the brink of penury from giving it a go.
Why does that matter? The same can be said about all sorts of relationship arrangements so we should criminalise them all?? Women have choices here in the west and if they want to get into polygamous arrangement with men than they should be allowed to. Unless your somehow implying that women are childlike and are easily manipulated

Those women who are largely not in favour dont have to get into these arrangements- it isnt rocket science

Trending