Votes: 11 57.9%
  • No you shouldn’t ...

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

yasmin lan

Satans step daughter
my family is very mixed and I wanna know what my ancestry and backgrounds are specifically my fathers side. I’m aware my of mothers ancestry fully she’s half Italian with polish relatives and somali with Swahili relatives. Soo many Somalis youtubers got 40% Arab and 60% Bantu and others got like 70% East African and I’m confused so I’m thinking of doing two different dna tests from different companies and see what I get :francis: If you’ve done it what did you get? :mjcry: And don’t troll i want a civilized discussion

I hope your kidding :camby:
You know, they actually can do anything with your genetic info? Your giving away more than you will ever get. I'd never do it, and plus, you know your family history.

Its better for New Worlder's (i.e North and South Americans), not those of us from the old world (Europe, Asia and Africa). We know our heritage quite well.

For people like me, it was extremely worthwhile because I got to learn more about my roots. I have even connected with a few of my semi-close Jewish cousins.

But for 99.9999999% of Somalis, the results will be heartbreaking and Earth shattering for them because it confirms they didn't come out of some Arab sheikh J1 daddy's hairy onion smelling testicles, garbage beggary they have been fed since their parents taught them to memorize their abtirsi at infancy.

Go with 23andme, not Ancestry.

my family is very mixed and I wanna know what my ancestry and backgrounds are specifically my fathers side. I’m aware my of mothers ancestry fully she’s half Italian with polish relatives and somali with Swahili relatives. Soo many Somalis youtubers got 40% Arab and 60% Bantu and others got like 70% East African and I’m confused so I’m thinking of doing two different dna tests from different companies and see what I get :francis: If you’ve done it what did you get? :mjcry: And don’t troll i want a civilized discussion
Haye

Last edited:

ExcessFame

True Villain
Unless you wanna find out actual genetic disorders, knowing whatever your ancestor was is absolutely useless to you. It won't change a goddamn thing about you. It's just more information they have over you that they can trade with the government as they please. I'm full Somali from both sides but even if I wasn't, not a damn thing would change. People are putting a lot of emphasis on origins nowadays and not thinking about the future instead.
However, this kind of testing is extremely useful if you were from a line of people who are afflicted with genetic diseases. Apart from that, there's really no point.

Who’s them? And what could they possibly do with DNA tests?:dwill:
You don't understand how valuable genetic information is. Especially to the ******. Think insurance, big pharma, identifying you via your genetics after linking your online habits etc. They were partnered with Google through nepotism a while back.

Xaagi-Cagmadigtee

Guul ama Dhimasho
Actually it is the other way around. Avoid Ancestry.com and go with 23 & Me. Ancestry.com would give you the above breakdown as they do not have EA sampling as a reference.

yasmin lan

Satans step daughter
Actually it is the other way around. Avoid Ancestry.com and go with 23 & Me. Ancestry.com would give you the above breakdown as they do not have EA sampling as a reference.
Unless you wanna find out actual genetic disorders, knowing whatever your ancestor was is absolutely useless to you. It won't change a goddamn thing about you. It's just more information they have over you that they can trade with the government as they please. I'm full Somali from both sides but even if I wasn't, not a damn thing would change. People are putting a lot of emphasis on origins nowadays and not thinking about the future instead.
However, this kind of testing is extremely useful if you were from a line of people who are afflicted with genetic diseases. Apart from that, there's really no point.

You don't understand how valuable genetic information is. Especially to the ******. Think insurance, big pharma, identifying you via your genetics after linking your online habits etc. They were partnered with Google through nepotism a while back.
For people like me, it was extremely worthwhile because I got to learn more about my roots. I have even connected with a few of my semi-close Jewish cousins.

But for 99.9999999% of Somalis, the results will be heartbreaking and Earth shattering for them because it confirms they didn't come out of some Arab sheikh J1 daddy's hairy onion smelling testicles, garbage beggary they have been fed since their parents taught them to memorize their abtirsi at infancy.

Go with 23andme, not Ancestry.
I’m gonna do 23 and me and order my package right now and post my results inshallah

Transparent

cismaan maxamuud
Breh,how do you look.

Von

With blood and Iron will we reach the fatherland
They sell your information to third-party companies and if laws change, health insurance companies will buy your information. That way they'll just look through the genetic information and charge you more if you have a disease of some kind buried deep within you,. Best not to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts