Should atheist be allowed to return to Somalia?

Should atheist be allowed to return to Somalia?

• Yes

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol i would say no if islam really was rooted in somali culture but somali people are weak and change their values and culture like the weather depending on what the holy people that are arabs do and say (i mean compare somalia today to 30 years ago, one would think it's two totaly different countries)

1. You're looking at photos of Somalis during the 1970's, which was just one small era in the long history of Somalia.

2. Arabism has nothing to do with practicing Islam. The last thing I'd want to see is Somalis adopting Arabian clothing or customs as their own.

3. You missing Jummah prayer is between you and God.....and trust me saaxib, nobody gives a f*ck whether you pray or not.

1. I don't look to the 70's, our history is longer than 30 years as some might assume. A nomad's wife didn't wear a Burka in the Somali Peninsula.

2. Arabism has completely hijacked our culture and the Muslim religion. If you wore an Arab Throbe in your past, you have contributed to diluting your culture.

3. My Jummah prayer point is something we all go through saaxib.

1. I don't look to the 70's, our history is longer than 30 years as some might assume. A nomad's wife didn't wear a Burka in the Somali Peninsula.

2. Arabism has completely hijacked our culture and the Muslim religion. If you wore an Arab Throbe in your past, you have contributed to diluting your culture.

3. My Jummah prayer point is something we all go through saaxib.

I promise you saaxib, I don't own an Arab thobe nor do I speak a lick of Arabic.

I know almost nothing about the events in Arab countries like Syria or Yemen either, and I know very few Arabs personally.

I'm pretty liberal in most of my views, but you won't find me missing a prayer either. But this whole equating Arabness with Islam needs to stop entirely.

AceofSom

nx]\\0-9
No. We don't want them bring their Satanist ideas to Somalia. With Atheism, comes Homosexuality, transgenderism, hedonism, suicide, materialism :susp:

But this whole equating Arabness with Islam needs to stop entirely.

Do you see how Somali that sounds? do you see how demanding and audacious that sounds?

Somali's are protecting the Arabian name more than Islam. I'm glad you don't care about Arab politics because that's the attitude to have.

You're a needle in a haystack bro, most Somali's care more about what's happening in Palestine, Syria and every other Arab
country that's turning into Somalia, instead of looking to solve our own issues.

I only look to learn from an Arabs mistakes, not solve it for them.

Well of course there are Atheists in every corner of the globe, even in the tiny villages of Somalia.

We've witnessed large numbers of Atheists in our country during the 1970's and 1980's, but most of the Somali Atheists were students who adopted their views after studying in the Soviet Union and adopting Soviet-style thinking.

Most of these Somalis re-entered the fold of Islam once they were older and more mature. They realized that Atheism is a stupid and hollow line-of-thinking that is unable to address even life's most basic problems.

Even if Somalia holds large numbers of Atheists, this shouldn't matter as every person is accountable only for his own actions.

When you're standing in front of Allah, ain't nobody gonna stand between you my nigga. That's your problem not ours.

You've mellowed out or something Kaafiye - I actually agree with you on all your points. Besides calling Atheism stupid of course. :ufdup:

Anyways, I'm not the one bugging. Your fellows started this thread wanting to discuss banning atheists from Somalia. I had to make it clear why that was futile. If Muslims just left it to Allah and let us be - quite the dream - there would be no need for this conversation. In fact I wouldn't even be online using this pseudonym. I'd continue on living my fulfilled life. But here we are.

You've mellowed out or something Kaafiye - I actually agree with you on all your points. Besides calling Atheism stupid of course. :ufdup:

Anyways, I'm not the one bugging. Your fellows started this thread wanting to discuss banning atheists from Somalia. I had to make it clear why that was futile. If Muslims just left it to Allah and let us be - quite the dream - there would be no need for this conversation. In fact I wouldn't even be online using this pseudonym. I'd continue on living my fulfilled life. But here we are.

The same way how I don't bring up religion every time I meet my Filipino Christian friends, I expect the same courtesy from Somali non-believers.

If you genuinely have concerns regarding Islam, then there are plenty of knowledgeable Muslims who'd be more than happy to answer your questions. But to constantly bring up the Deen even in front of Somalis who don't care to discuss it, is what annoys a lot of people on this forum and it's what leads to this infighting.

Bielsa

Free Wi-Fi > Free Palestine
VIP
Mercury: "Atheist should be BANNED from entering Somalia"

*typing from my comfortable apartment in uber liberal and Atheistic/Christian Sweden"

So our former Sultans and Kings are responsible for diluting our culture when they themselves are the incubators of it. You yourself may not have Arab ancestry but many of us do.

The clothing worn by the Sultans were imported and since many weren't manufactured in the country. Sultans traded spices for textiles.

However, our Sultans styled themselves differently than Arab Sultans. I would 100% wear a copy cat textile from any Somali Sultan and proudly
enter a room full of Somali's wearing throbes; only to be laughed at. They would literally laugh at me and I would have to explain myself.

The Sultans men wore amazing white cotton shawls to display their culture. I wore a nomad Shawl once and some dudes tried to make jokes; I painfully checked them with facts, but I was hurt by it.

If you have an Arabian Throbe in your house and you don't have a Somali Shawl it's a problem.

But, Somali Sultans always styled their clothing differently and uniquely.

TheLibertarianQuiche

Quintessentially negroid: Your problem?
Listen we have to admit that with being Muslim, many people in the nation will inadvertently have Arab ancestry. Somali shawls are descended from Arab clothing like how many Somalis are descended from Arabs.

I am 110% with identifying with our Somali heritage but kicking out our Arab history will be rued eventually.

I also believe that Atheists if they see themselves as Somali are equal to muslims.

Jeesto

VIP
Why the f*ck not. The country is for the people not the religion or whatever you believe in. Religion isn't every thing and the government shouldn't be so focused on it. Don't we have enough problems with clanism already?
PS no country is 100% this or that. Believe me when i tell you these, motherhome if full of athiests and people who don't follow Islam.

Kkkk he wants to turn somalia into another Saudi. These atheists could bring skills and experience that your country needs rn but you want to turn them away because of some religous hangups? To that I'll say your loss
:dabcasar:

The same way how I don't bring up religion every time I meet my Filipino Christian friends, I expect the same courtesy from Somali non-believers.

If you genuinely have concerns regarding Islam, then there are plenty of knowledgeable Muslims who'd be more than happy to answer your questions. But to constantly bring up the Deen even in front of Somalis who don't care to discuss it, is what annoys a lot of people on this forum and it's what leads to this infighting.

I don't know why you're giving the Muslims a pass, they've started bare threads themselves. If there are thread derailments - easily solved with proper modding. I don't think that's the case though. I think Somalis here like discussing the Deen but perhaps they only want to hear voices in line with their views. If an echo chamber is what they want - rules can be enacted to make it so. Until then voices should be heard on both sides. For the record, I'd never advocate for Muslims to be banned from a country or call for their heads. But hearing some of these Muslims on this site, they seem to not mind doing just that to us. I find that to be more annoying. So yeah, they're going to be called out and served.

giphy.gif

A Muslim is a Muslim, and Atheist is Atheist. With that being said, if a Somali atheist returned back home they'd be punished by death according to sharia law. So to my fellow Somali atheists, keep your thoughts to yourself.

TheLibertarianQuiche

Quintessentially negroid: Your problem?
A Muslim is a Muslim, and Atheist is Atheist. With that being said, if a Somali atheist returned back home they'd be punished by death according to sharia law. So to my fellow Somali atheists, keep your thoughts to yourself.

Sharia never explicitly asks for someones head if they leave Islam, contemporary scholars today even find it absurd.

It was only in time of war, if a traitor left they were dealt with martial law. Now niggas wanna make Somalia into 1969 all over again without the development.

Bielsa

Free Wi-Fi > Free Palestine
VIP

Are you proud that Somalia is an intolerant hell hole? Muslims cry that head scarves are being banned in some Euro countries but would be OK with head chopping of Atheists in their motherland .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts