Should A Person With A Terminal Illness Be Able To End Their Life? Why Or Why Not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Eugenics gets a bad rap and deservedly so because it usually leads to massive discrimination and ethnic cleansing.

We're human beings and not xayawaan, we don't put our weak children out in the woods and we don't abandon our old because we have a moral imperative not to. I'm not one of those who claim atheist lack morals due to their irreligiousness but thanks for giving them a great example to point towards.

:chrisfreshhah:

I'm just being logical, whats the point of keeping a semi sentient individual around?

Let me put it this way; would you abort a Zika baby or not?

Nin xun

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ

I'm just being logical, whats the point of keeping a semi sentient individual around?

Waad walantahay, I wouldn't be making babies if I had Zika to begin with and besides there is a great difference between aborting a pregnancy and killing another human being.

VixR

Veritas

You just jacked my next thread :ivers:

I'd abort without a doubt, 100%, but as @Nin xun addressed that's a different scenario.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
For me, there's not much of a difference.

Resources that are scarce as it is should not be wasted on the terminally ill or even the insane. It is cruel to let them suffer when we can so easily alleviate their pain, especially in the case of voluntary euthanasia.

I'm guessing y'all would have a problem with sterilizing the disabled as well.

VixR

Veritas
Waad walantahay, I wouldn't be making babies if I had Zika to begin with and besides there is a great difference between aborting a pregnancy and killing another human being.

It's been discovered that men can transmit it to women thru sex. And with the Summer Olympics being held in Brazil, it's so effing scary that all those atheletes and spectators could potentially go back to their various countries, resulting in a possible spike in Zika babies worldwide in places where they had not been before.

Nin xun

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
It's been discovered that Men can transmit it to women thru sex. And with the Summer Olympics being held in Brazil, it's so effing scary that all those atheletes and spectators could potentially go back to their various countries, resulting in a possible spike in Zika babies worldwide.
This isn't the first Zika outbreak though, honestly I'm more worried about it reaching countries with less capabilities like Somalia

For me, there's not much of a difference.

Resources that are scarce as it is should not be wasted on the terminally ill or even the insane. It is cruel to let them suffer when we can so easily alleviate their pain, especially in the case of voluntary euthanasia.

I'm guessing y'all would have a problem with sterilizing the disabled as well.

Wallahi you scare me bro.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
You have no compassion at all. You're capable of doing downright evil shit if you ever had the power to do so.

Inalilaah

I'm a firm believer that logical and altruistic ends justify any and all means.

I wouldn't say I'm evil for evil's sake, I normally abhor unnecessary evil and suffering.

I am inclined towards pro-euthanasia. Take bone cancer as an example. Everyday the patient has to undergo unfathomable amount of pain, even slight movements bring immense pain. The bones fracture and pierce through layers of skin. Begging for death is common with people who have this condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending