Shocking video of Oromo Liberation Front (OLF) drinking camel blood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its an old Cushitic practise. Some Somali's were still doing it in the 20th century.

Very bad dhaqan though. Now its mostly Maasai's who do it.
Edit: The raw meat though. These guys are savages

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
Its an old Cushitic practise. Some Somali's were still doing it in the 20th century.

The way they abused the poor camel and drank its water that is infested with grass and leafs. :susp:

It could be a proto-Cushitic practise but I am sure we Somalis have not been doing this after we embraced Islam.

The way they abused the poor camel and drank its water that is infested with grass and leafs. :susp:

It could be a proto-Cushitic practise but I am sure we Somalis have not been doing this after we embraced Islam.
It is. I asked an elder about it and they said they heard about the practise. It must have still been practised in more recent times.
It was mostly from cows though. I thought it was camels but I guess not.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/ancient...chinese-explorer-talks-of-horn-of-africa/amp/
The land of Po-pa-li (Bobali) is in the south-western Ocean. The people do not eat any of the five grains but they eat meat: more frequently even they pick a vein of one of their oxen, mix the blood with milk and eat it raw.
This is a Chinese illustration from 800AD (after Somali's converted to Islam):
blood_cow.jpg

Dadka bahalo bay ahaayeen :susp:

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
It is. I asked an elder about it and they said they heard about the practise. It must have still been practised in more recent times.
It was mostly from cows though. I thought it was camels but I guess not.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/ancient...chinese-explorer-talks-of-horn-of-africa/amp/

This is a Chinese illustration from 800AD (after Somali's converted to Islam):
blood_cow.jpg

Dadka bahalo bay ahaayeen

That Chinese historian was racist and many things he said in the 9th century was different compared to Al-Yaqubi visit who mentioned the complete opposite. I think the Chinese scholar was excited about meeting different races and tried to come back to China to tell them some exciting news about his travel.

By the way abaayo, Somalis embraced Islam in the 7th century during Hijra.

That Chinese historian was racist and many things he said in the 9th century was different compared to Al-Yaqubi visit who mentioned the complete opposite. I think the Chinese scholar was excited about meeting different races and tried to come back to China to tell them some exciting news about his travel.

By the way abaayo, Somalis embraced Islam in the 7th century.
This guy probably visited reer Baadiyo hence the barbaric practices. This is a practise from Cushites that even the Maasai and Samburu now practise. It is a real practise sxb. Him being racist doesn't change that.

That same practice of drinking cattle blood with milk is one that was utilized by Bejas (North Cushites) in Northern Sudan as early as 100 BCE as noted by the geographer Artemidorus. It was also utilized by Somalis (East Cushites) as early as 800-900 CE during the Middle Ages as noted by a Chinese source of the time. [4] It's also apparently, a generally known Cushitic custom.
http://anthromadness.blogspot.com/2015/05/south-cushitic-admixture-in-southeast.html?m=1

And yes, I know hence me saying this after them embracing Islam. They still had pre-Islamic practises.

Thank God we left this behind :wowsweat:
Imagine drinking loo' dhiig :kodaksmiley:

Only Northern Cushites like Bejas. Not the rest of the Cushitic Nation.

The only people who practise this are Nilotes and Bantus.

No, bro thats not true. There is no history of any Somali clan that drank blood. Its a tradition that comes from the Nilotes and Bantus. We Cushites are free from this pagan practise.
I brought sources. What did you bring, your imagination and afkaada weyn? C'mon son :comeon:
Only Northern Cushites like Bejas. Not the rest of the Cushitic Nation.

The only people who practise this are Nilotes and Bantus.
Nilotes have no connection to Northern Cushites. It was practiced by all Cushites fyi. That includes ancient Somali's.
Oh and Bantu's don't practise this :hillarybiz:

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
No, bro thats not true. There is no history of any Somali clan that drank blood. Its a tradition that comes from the Nilotes and Bantus. We Cushites are free from this pagan practise.

I agree but @MARAQ DIGAAG claims that Issa used to cut the testicles of their enemies and I'm trying to tell him that this was only practised by Oromos. This shocking practise was even documented by Somali scholars from Zeila during the medieval period when the Oromos where raiding Adal Sultanate at their weaken state.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts