Shintoism, Confucianism and Taosim/Daoism

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Amira-chan

Shintoism teaches that everything in the planet has a spirit from rocks, trees to lakes and they need to be prayed to in deep respect for the life they bring unto this world. Confucianism teaches to resolve chaos through systematic order and that order shouldn't be broken no matter what. Taoism teaches everything in the universe has an opposing force and it shouldn't be interfered with, both sides are regarded as important so the concept of good and evil action doesn't exist at all.

What's your opinion on these far eastern ideologies?

@Shamis

S

Shamis

It goes over my head a bit. I don't understand how evil is non-existent or that it's necessary. How does society work under these concepts? Did I misunderstand?

A

Amira-chan

It goes over my head a bit. I don't understand how evil is non-existent or that it's necessary. How does society work under these concepts? Did I misunderstand?

It would be pretty much the same as nature were the Tiger needs to "kill" in order to hunt. However that thinking is applied the same to the Chinese dynasties were if a necessary action like "slaughtering people" really needs to be done for some reason lets say for example overpopulation that might cause a famine due to lack of food. Westerners and others might regard that as evil but that action just saved the nation because if they didn't kill them, all of them might of perished together.

S

Shamis

Couldn't they just plan their harvests better? A bit extreme Lol Even if you ran out of land you could farm nutritionally denser foods. Before it ever reached such a epic figure they could have enforced contraception on all the women.

A

Amira-chan

Couldn't they just plan their harvests better? A bit extreme Lol Even if you ran out of land you could farm nutritionally denser foods. Before it ever reached such a epic figure they could have enforced contraception on all the women.

That was just an example of my head lool. But all Dynasties until the last Qing were heavily into Confucianism and Taosim/Daoism where it was for the "Greater usefulness" of the person and his nation. I guess that's the reason why Mao was really fascinated with communism and ironically that alien ideology was about to wipe out Chinese preserved history during the cultural revolution (Nearly restarting it).

S

Shamis

I can understand why seem complimentary because the sacrifice for greater good ethos. How was communism close to wiping out Chinese history? What happened?

I wish Somalia had a strong leadership like that of the Chinese. Their country is unrecognizable from just 15 years ago.

A

Amira-chan

Basically when Mao came to power he ordered all priests to be killed, millennial aged ancient books to be burned, temples of all sorts to be destroyed and etc. So basically he wanted to wipe out all cultures, traditions and history of China so people and their next generation wouldn't hear of it but only know of communism. But the plan failed since it pissed off all of China and the deleting campaign stopped at 60%. So that's why today you don't see the Chinese into tradition that much.

Me too, I wish Somalia could only learn everything from "current" China but not from Mao's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending