Share your favorite/worst dugsi memories

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been years since I last went to a dugsi. But now that I look back at it, all of my macalins were complete psychopaths. I reckon dugsi is the place where a lot of the people here turned atheist :chrisfreshhah:. Share your

memories(good or bad).

worst: i failed and he wrote L for loser on my forehead and made me walk home,

best: any time we got the call dugsi was cancelled best feeling ever :rejoice:

Last edited:
I took part of a wrestling match with couple of friends during lunch break. It was fun until a dumbass suplex a guy and made one of our friends cry.
Teacher came and whopped us like hell.

Also a teacher started throwing pebbles at me after I told him he made a foul during a football match (which he did lol)

Its when the macalin karbashes you whilst reciting the whole surah from start to finish :drakelaugh:@PiratePrincess correct me if I'm wrong.
Not just the macaalin but the whole duqsi :mjcry: he tells everyone to go outside and get the longest sticks they can find and then makes you sit in the middle while they all whip you whilist reciting that waashamsi surah

my macalin was weird his punishments were humiliation instead of beatings, he made a fat kid remove his shirt and the whole dugsi was laughing at him.

I loved it. Better than being bored at home and cleaning. The competitions with other kids, the socialization and the qalin jabis parties. Also I was always the favorite student :nvjpqts:

my macalin was weird his punishments were humiliation instead of beatings, he made a fat kid remove his shirt and the whole dugsi was laughing at him.

I rather catch a solid karbash then that. Damn that culus iyaal must be scarred to this day. My macalin was fucking mental. To this day i still hate that fucker, he practised group beatings if people fucked up.

Thankfully the universe got him back, and ive heard he became maskiin now after he got his ass beat by a former student.

ArchBishopofAtheism

Intellectual saqajaan
Ok I went to dugsi in early-mid 90s in Ifo camp in dadaab Kenya. We wrote on these wooden boards called "loox" by dipping little sticks in ink. We had this little shed made of sticks and wood (you know, no building code in a refugee camp :lol:).

When dugsi was over, all of the kids would lean their looxs along the inside walls of the place neatly. Ok, this girl that lived across from dugsi and I came back one day after dugsi was over. We went under the looxs and engaged in salacious acts, thinking we were isolated.

My grandma that also lived across from dugsi just happened to walk by dugsi and hear rumblings (us crawling under looxs and looxs hitting each other). Busted! She walks in, lifts looxs and catches us in the act. I was terrified and embarrassed but the worst was to come. The girl bolted right away and was nowhere to be seen.

So my grandma blocks the doorway and yells out to neighbors to shame me. Neighbors show up in a mob and call the macalin. The macalin shows up, orders me literally tied up and beats the hell out of me for hours.

I spent the night in the hospital with severe abrasions. All this could've been averted if I pushed my grandma out of the way and bolted. Obviously she would've told my parents.

I dare anyone to beat this.

Best memory is when I saw a white convert reciting Surahtul Ibrahim in flawless tajweed. I said you've done well for yourself to have reached Surah Ibrahim so rapidly in your conversion. He said he was not a convert. He just liked the melody of the reciters. He started doing Gregorian chants too. "See? I'm a connoisseur of liturgical rites." Warya, I'm in ESL class, I told him. I don't know what liturgical means. Keep it simple.

So he told me he's doing academic research on Art and Religion. His theory is that religion uses art to draw people in through beautiful architecture, music, poetry, painting, calligraphy. If it was bare bones theology, it would not be so enticing. So that's why Gothic cathedrals and Aztec temples look so cool. Then he did a Sikh chant. Not gonna lie, that shit was beautiful. The Shaytan was whispering major gaalnimo in my ears. Inkaar kugu dacdhay gaalyahow uraayo I yelled. Get the f*ck outta here before you make a fuckin mushrik out of me.

I never knew gaals memorized books. I saw a piece in the Guardian about a guy who memorized Paradise Lost. Pretty impressive. There's a memory contest for all sorts nowadays, people memorizing the order of a pack of cards in thirty seconds, people committing impossibly long series of numbers to memory, all kind of shit.

Ok I went to dugsi in early-mid 90s in Ifo camp in dadaab Kenya. We wrote on these wooden boards called "loox" by dipping little sticks in ink. We had this little shed made of sticks and wood (you know, no building code in a refugee camp :lol:).

When dugsi was over, all of the kids would lean their looxs along the inside walls of the place neatly. Ok, this girl that lived across from dugsi and I came back one day after dugsi was over. We went under the looxs and engaged in salacious acts, thinking we were isolated.

My grandma that also lived across from dugsi just happened to walk by dugsi and hear rumblings (us crawling under looxs and looxs hitting each other). Busted! She walks in, lifts looxs and catches us in the act. I was terrified and embarrassed but the worst was to come. The girl bolted right away and was nowhere to be seen.

So my grandma blocks the doorway and yells out to neighbors to shame me. Neighbors show up in a mob and call the macalin. The macalin shows up, orders me literally tied up and beats the hell out of me for hours.

I spent the night in the hospital with severe abrasions. All this could've been averted if I pushed my grandma out of the way and bolted. Obviously she would've told my parents.

Fucking in dugsi. Acudhi billah. Gaals have no xishood.

Question: was her gash as tight as a chokehold?

EternalLightX

Queen of the light
VIP

So you kissed the girl or play fighting ? Somali girls are easy just touch their tighs and they will suck you off, they don't make the man chase. Just give in, why is that so ?? Is it the sexual repression bought on by religion which drives these girls ? Or is it their submissive manner ? I simply don't understand how one can engage in solicited acts with someone they only met ?

ArchBishopofAtheism

Intellectual saqajaan
Dugsi didn't turn people atheist. I have nostalgia for the mid 90s dugsi in Africa. In hindsight I realize they were brainwashing kids with nonsense but I miss it.

Status
Not open for further replies.