Share some ayahs from the Quran here

He has certainly succeeded who purifies himself
And mentions the name of his Lord and prays.
But you prefer the worldly life,
While the Hereafter is better and more enduring.
Indeed, this is in the former scriptures,
The scriptures of Abraham and Moses.

Surah Al-A'la 14-19

Whatever is in the heavens and earth exalts Allah, and He is the Exalted in Might, the Wise.
His is the dominion of the heavens and earth. He gives life and causes death, and He is over all things competent.
He is the First and the Last, the Ascendant and the Intimate, and He is, of all things, Knowing.
It is He who created the heavens and earth in six days and then established Himself above the Throne. He knows what penetrates into the earth and what emerges from it and what descends from the heaven and what ascends therein; and He is with you wherever you are. And Allah, of what you do, is Seeing.

Surah Al Hadid 1-4

The Dua Of Prophet Adam A.S

This is the first dua ever said by mankind. It was the dua of Prophet Adam A.S when he had committed his first sin and turned to Allah SWT in repentance. This is a helpful dua to say for istighfar (seeking forgiveness).

رَبَّنَا ظَلَمْنَا أَنفُسَنَا وَإِن لَّمْ تَغْفِرْ لَنَا وَتَرْحَمْنَا لَنَكُونَنَّ مِنَ الْخَاسِرِينَ
Rabbana thalamna anfusana wain lam taghfir lana watarhamna lanakoonanna mina alkhasireena

Our Lord! We have wronged ourselves. If You forgive us not, and bestow not upon us Your Mercy, we shall certainly be of the losers. - Quran 7:23

The Dua Of Prophet Yunus A.S

This is the dua that was said by Prophet Yunus A.S when he was stuck inside the belly of a whale. He felt hopeless and turned to Allah SWT in repentance, begging for His Mercy. Another wonderful dua to say for istighfar and times of hardship.

لَّا إِلَهَ إِلَّا أَنتَ سُبْحَانَكَ إِنِّي كُنتُ مِنَ الظَّالِمِينَ
La ilaha illa anta subhanaka innee kuntu mina alththalimeena

No one has the right to be worshiped but You (O Allah), Glorified (and Exalted) are You. Truly, I have been of the wrong-doers." - Qur'an 21:87

The Dua Of Prophet Ayub A.S

Prophet Ayub A.S was ill for many years with a terrible disease. He was known for his patience in enduring one calamity after another and remaining steadfast in his belief in Allah SWT. After a long time of suffering, he turned to his Lord asking for His Mercy with this dua.

أَنِّي مَسَّنِيَ الضُّرُّ وَأَنتَ أَرْحَمُ الرَّاحِمِينَ
Annee massaniya alddurru waanta arhamu alrrahimeena

Verily, distress has seized me, and You are the Most Merciful of all those who show mercy. - Quran 21:83

The Duas Of Prophet Ibrahim A.S

1. For Wisdom and Piety

Rabbi hab lee hukman waalhiqnee bialssaliheena WaijAAal lee lisana sidqin fee alakhireena WaijAAalnee min warathati jannati alnnaAAeemi Waighfir liabee innahu kana mina alddalleena Wala tukhzinee yawma yubAAathoona Yawma la yanfaAAu malun wala banoona Illa man ata Allaha biqalbin saleemin

My Lord! Bestow judgment on me, and join me with the righteous; And grant me an honorable mention in later generations; And make me one of the inheritors of the Paradise of Delight; And forgive my father, verily he is of the erring; And disgrace me not on the Day when (all the creatures) will be resurrected; The Day whereon neither wealth nor sons will avail, Except him who brings to Allah a clean heart. - Quran 26:83

2. Asking Forgiveness

رَبَّنَا اغْفِرْ لِي وَلِوَالِدَيَّ وَلِلْمُؤْمِنِينَ يَوْمَ يَقُومُ الْحِسَابُ

Rabbana ighfir lee waliwalidayya walilmumineena yawma yaqoomu alhisabu

Our Lord! Forgive me and my parents, and the believers on the Day when the reckoning will be established. - Quran 14:41

3. Placing His Trust In Allah

رَّبَّنَا عَلَيْكَ تَوَكَّلْنَا وَإِلَيْكَ أَنَبْنَا وَإِلَيْكَ الْمَصِيرُ

Rabbana AAalayka tawakkalna wailayka anabna wailayka almaseeru.

Our Lord! In You we put our trust, and to You we turn in repentance, and to You is (our) final return. - Quran 60:4

The Dua Of Prophet Musa A.S

1. For Good

رَبِّ إِنِّي لِمَا أَنزَلْتَ إِلَيَّ مِنْ خَيْرٍ فَقِيرٌ
Rabbi innee lima anzalta ilayya min khayrin faqeerun

My Lord! Truly, I am in need of whatever good that You bestow on me! - Quran 28:24

2. For Good Speech

When Musa A.S was sent by Allah SWT to speak to the evil king Pharaoh.

رَبِّ اشْرَحْ لِي صَدْرِي وَيَسِّرْ لِي أَمْرِي وَاحْلُلْ عُقْدَةً مِّن لِّسَانِي يَفْقَهُوا قَوْلِي

Rabbi ishrah lee sadree Wayassir lee amree Waohlul AAuqdatan min lisanee Yafqahoo qawlee

O my Lord! Open for me my chest (grant me self-confidence, contentment, and boldness). And ease my task for me; And make loose the knot from my tongue, (i.e. remove the incorrectness from my speech). That they understand my speech. - Quran 20:25

The Dua Of Prophet Yusuf A.S

For Allah SWT to make him die as a Muslim.

فَاطِرَ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالأَرْضِ أَنتَ وَلِيِّي فِي الدُّنُيَا وَالآخِرَةِ تَوَفَّنِي مُسْلِمًا وَأَلْحِقْنِي بِالصَّالِحِينَ

Fatira alssamawati waalardi anta waliyyee fee alddunya waalakhirati tawaffanee musliman waalhiqnee bialssaliheena

The Creator of the heavens and the earth! You are my Wali (Protector, Helper, Supporter, Guardian, etc.) in this world and in the Hereafter, cause me to die as a Muslim (the one submitting to Your Will), and join me with the righteous. - Quran 12:101

The Dua Of Prophet Lut A.S

For Allah’s SWT help against the evil people he had to deal with.

قَالَ رَبِّ انصُرْنِي عَلَى الْقَوْمِ الْمُفْسِدِينَ

Rabbi onsurnee AAala alqawmi almufsideena

My Lord, support me against the corrupting people. - Quran 29:30

The Dua Of Prophet Shuaib A.S

He recited this dua for his dealings with his people.

رَبَّنَا افْتَحْ بَيْنَنَا وَبَيْنَ قَوْمِنَا بِالْحَقِّ وَأَنتَ خَيْرُ الْفَاتِحِينَ

Rabbana iftah baynana wabayna qawmina bialhaqqi waanta khayru alfatiheena

Our Lord! Judge between us and our people in truth, for You are the Best of those who give judgment. - Quran 7:89

The Dua Of Prophet Nuh A.S

For forgiveness.

O my Lord! I seek refuge with You from asking You that of which I have no knowledge. And unless You forgive me and have mercy on me, I would indeed be one of the losers.

10 Duas Of Prophet Muhammed PBUH
The Prophet PBUH said many duas but here are some of the beautiful most often recited by him.

1. When he asked for relief…
O Living and Eternal Sustainer! By Your mercy I seek relief.

2. A supplication he made frequently…
O Allah, grant us the good in this world and the good in the Hereafter and save us from the torment of Hell-Fire. (Muslim)

3. He taught his companions to say this…
O Allah! I seek refuge with You from miserliness, and seek refuge with You from cowardice, and seek refuge with You from being brought back to (senile) geriatric old age, and seek refuge with You from the affliction of the world and from the punishment in the Hereafter. (Bukhari)

4. When he asked for guidance…
O Allah! Indeed I, I ask of You, guidance, piety and chastity and to be free of depending upon anyone (except You). (Muslim)

5. When he asked for forgiveness…
O Allah! Forgive all my sins, whether few or more, the first and the last, the apparent and the hidden.” (Muslim)

6. When he asked for obedience…
O Allah! The One Who turns the hearts, turn my heart towards Your obedience.” (Muslim)

7. When he asked for beneficial knowledge…

O Allah! Benefit me through what You teach me and teach me what is beneficial for me and increase me in knowledge.” (Ibn Majah)

8. When he asked for Allah’s Mercy…
Allah! I seek refuge in You against the declining of Your Favors, passing of safety, the suddenness of Your punishment and all that which displeases You.

9. When he asked for success…
O Allah! I beg You for that which incites Your Mercy and the means of Your forgiveness, safety from every sin, the benefit from every good deed, success in attaining Jannah and deliverance from Fire).

10. When he was in distress…
None has the right to be worshiped but Allah the Incomparably Great, the Compassionate. None has the right to be worshiped but Allah the Lord of the Mighty Throne. None has the right to be worshiped but Allah the Lord of the Heavens, the Lord of the Earth, and the Lord of the Honorable Throne.

The Duas Of Pious People

The Dua Of Asiya R.A

The dua of Queen Asiya, Pharaoh's wife, when she was being tortured by him.

رَبِّ ابْنِ لِي عِندَكَ بَيْتًا فِي الْجَنَّةِ

Rabbi ibni lee AAindaka baytan fee aljannati

My Lord, build for me near You a house in Paradise.. - Quran 66:11

The Dua Of The People Of The Cave

When they were hiding from the enemy’s sight.

رَبَّنَا آتِنَا مِن لَّدُنكَ رَحْمَةً وَهَيِّئْ لَنَا مِنْ أَمْرِنَا رَشَدًا

Rabbana atina min ladunka rahmatan wahayyi lana min amrina rashadan

Our Lord! Bestow on us mercy from Yourself, and facilitate for us our affair in the right way! - Quran 18:10

The Dua Of The New Believers

During Prophet Musa A.S time, the evil king Pharaoh was threatening to torture for the new Muslims for their belief in Allah SWT and the believers recited this dua.

رَبَّنَا أَفْرِغْ عَلَيْنَا صَبْرًا وَتَوَفَّنَا مُسْلِمِينَ
Rabbana afrigh AAalayna sabran watawaffana muslimeena

Our Lord! pour out on us patience, and cause us to die as Muslims. - Quran 7:126

The Dua Of King Talut

This dua was recited by Talut (David) and his army for victory over the giant Jalut (Goliath) and his forces.

رَبَّنَا أَفْرِغْ عَلَيْنَا صَبْرًا وَثَبِّتْ أَقْدَامَنَا وَانصُرْنَا عَلَى الْقَوْمِ الْكَافِرِينَ
Rabbana afrigh AAalayna sabran wathabbit aqdamana waonsurna AAala alqawmi alkafireena

Our Lord! Pour forth on us patience and make us victorious over the disbelieving people. - Quran 2:250

The Dua Of Conclusion
It is recommended to conclude our duas with the dua of conclusion.

Glorified be your Lord, the Lord of Honor and Power! (He is free) from what they attribute unto Him! And peace be on the Messengers! And all the praise and thanks be to Allah, Lord of the 'Alamin (mankind, jinn, and all that exists). - Quran 37:180

O believers! Stand firm for Allah and bear true testimony. Do not let the hatred of a people lead you to injustice. Be just! That is closer to righteousness. And be mindful of Allah. Surely Allah is All-Aware of what you do.

Surah Al-Ma'idah 8

O you who have believed, be persistently standing firm in justice, witnesses for Allah, even if it be against yourselves or parents and relatives. Whether one is rich or poor, Allah is more worthy of both. So follow not [personal] inclination, lest you not be just. And if you distort [your testimony] or refuse [to give it], then indeed Allah is ever, of what you do, Aware.

Surah An-Nisa 135

Righteousness is not that you turn your faces toward the east or the west, but [true] righteousness is [in] one who believes in Allah, the Last Day, the angels, the Book, and the prophets and gives wealth, in spite of love for it, to relatives, orphans, the needy, the traveler, those who ask [for help], and for freeing slaves; [and who] establishes prayer and gives zakāh; [those who] fulfill their promise when they promise; and [those who] are patient in poverty and hardship and during battle. Those are the ones who have been true, and it is those who are the righteous.

Surah Al-Baqarah 177

Allah does not forbid you from those who do not fight you because of religion and do not expel you from your homes - from being righteous toward them and acting justly toward them. Indeed, Allah loves those who act justly.

Surah Al-Mumtahanah 8

Trending