shaash saar or xeero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabeel786

Southie pride
Xeer Iyo Fijaan. That thing that looks like figure 8 dressed in white cloth and tied by red ropes. Inside it has oodkac and Timir.

We call it xeer Iyo Fijaan. Isaaq call it xeedho that's all I know.

It's a weird ritual
Thanks Ugaas.

Bohol

VIP
A Somaliland politician that goes by the name Mohamoud Hashi was presented with Xeedho. This created confusion in the media
and people were mocking him.

IMG_B009FD-95D72F-7934B4-EC84D1-0760EB-940144.jpg

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
u gotta step up ur game, how u getting murked by a retired qabiilist? this nigga @Bahal out here making educated guesses and scientifically sound hypotheses and shit :lol:

I refuse to believe you're not at least half MJ. I can't be that wrong. No sir. I won't accept it. :damedamn:

Jeesto

VIP
Yall need dhaqan celis if you don't know what Xeedho is.
-Xeedho is a Waqooyi/northern somali tradition (Dj, SL & OG). There are two types of Xeedho, The muqumad one and the Macaan/Sabeeb one. Xeedho is made by the girls family for the guys family as a union of the two families and welcome him to the family circle(correct me if i'm wrong). The 3rd night of the wedding week is when the xeedhos are exchanged in a colourful buraanbur and hido iyo dhaqan party by Sodohooyinka(Sodoh= mother in law).
This is Xeedho 1
925966_1543575582532269_482374601_n.jpg

Maxawash(mashed dates with different spices)
shafis-6382.jpg

Then there is the Muqumad:lawd: which is basically sun-dried beef jerky somali style fried in oil/butter mainly eaten by men.
10598196_276613432535837_510591947_n.jpg

Xeedho 2. It's full of different kinds of sweets, uunsi, sabeeb etc for women.
IMG_0782.jpg

Thank me later :mybusiness:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending