Sex After Circumcision: Somali girl shares intimacy struggles after FGM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its dying out now in the West.

I don't think things will change overnight back home though.

A. A lot of people back home are uneducated about women's bodies and the many that are educated enough to know better don't want to rock the boat or have regressive views of female sexuality.

B. Internalised misogyny is rife amongst women back home. Many women do not acknowledge things that do and don't benefit them in life, all in the name of culture. Historically, we could argue this was to preserve the ability of a woman to marry under patriachy, however times have changed and Faraxs don't care as much.

C. The government doesn't have enough funding to campaign against this. We have an unstable nation and are dealing with issues such as national istability. However, knowing how Somalis are like, even if the government had the means to, they would do a very half hearted attempt due to not wanting to upset conservatives who seem to believe that anti FGM laws is a Western agenda to undermine Somali culture.

Last edited:
Great, further airing our dirty laundry for the whole world to see.

Horta, what's with Xalimos and their need to talk about their fgm and divorce experiences.

What ever happened to having some xishod?

Oh look, it’s a Somali man giving an uninformed opinion on something that doesn’t affect him or his gender at all and telling people how to react to it.

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP
Its dying out act, and the West have Somali families on a tight rope in the Airports. If they even get a whiff of a allegation of FGM, its straight to jail. 10 years.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

greyhound stone

The Boss💎
VIP
This jahil practice needs to end ASAP. Shit is disgusting and awful. Wallahi I feel for you xalimos sometimes.
giphy.gif

S word people don't accept accountability.
When their shitty clan builds a shitty road, they rejoice.
But their ethnic group was (and still) practicing FGM for hundred of years, they deny personal accountability.
They only accept the positive sides of their culture.
Hypocrisy.

All "Cushites" in the Horn are responsible for the poor quality of life of women. They mistreat them, mutilate them and complain when the women share their horrors Online.

Such shameful, yet retarded people believe somehow they are better Madows because they have caucasoid features.
In my opinion, they are even low than Madows.
At least, Madows don't FGM their women.
Hopefully, the Halimos will marry up with our West African brothers.
🤔 I could say the same for black people who believe they're better than everyone for seasoned food & twitch genes which doesn't seem to be helping them in the real world, they aren't known as the worst race in the world for a reason even a primitive Aboriginal is better than them. Alhamdulilah the black race is being targeted by the depopulation agenda. Nor does anybody on 🌍 allow their women to be sterilised by the hundreds of thousands or raped in the tens of thousands like them & their women taken by Chinese men who they see themselves superior to despite not being able to build a nation like the Chinese, they truly are a savage breed. Alhamdulilah for the depopulation agenda.

Attachments

• Es6uTpPXMAQ-LhX.jpeg
    Es6uTpPXMAQ-LhX.jpeg
    59.7 KB · Views: 56
  • Es6uTpJXUA4tAZ7.jpeg
    Es6uTpJXUA4tAZ7.jpeg
    104.8 KB · Views: 50
  • EqXtjCrXIAADkch.jpeg
    EqXtjCrXIAADkch.jpeg
    201.7 KB · Views: 46
  • Em9QRV2XYAEjjUw.jpeg
    Em9QRV2XYAEjjUw.jpeg
    35.3 KB · Views: 43
  • Em6TUOHXUAAJud0.jpeg
    Em6TUOHXUAAJud0.jpeg
    211.2 KB · Views: 40
  • Em6TUOQW4AQiGIb.jpeg
    Em6TUOQW4AQiGIb.jpeg
    72.7 KB · Views: 32
  • EtAzmnjWMAAGU-d.jpeg
    EtAzmnjWMAAGU-d.jpeg
    199.5 KB · Views: 38
  • EtAzmnvXcAs6VVl.jpeg
    EtAzmnvXcAs6VVl.jpeg
    233.9 KB · Views: 37
conservatives who seem to believe that anti FGM laws is a Western agenda to undermine Somali culture.
What you said is correct.
What I would like to point out is that people have that perception because it is pushed and funded by the West. It also comes with a lot of liberal baggage and the people associated with it are the likes of Ayaan Hirsi or Nimco Ali.

Now you can see how something good and decent becomes seen as a foreign plot to destroy Somali culture. Which in turn gives fuel to all the crazy reactionaries.

Happy_

Laa ta aamin nin wa law kaana ninkaaga- bom!
They basically don’t want you to feel any pleasure. Pure xaasidnimo! I don‘t think men care whether their wives are circumcised or not. Laakin the women do, and those who do this barbaric act to little girls are pure EVIL. It‘s crazy when you think, that they themselves went through it. I would never do it to my child. Must be xaasidnimo.

What you said is correct.
What I would like to point out is that people have that perception because it is pushed and funded by the West. It also comes with a lot of liberal baggage and the people associated with it are the likes of Ayaan Hirsi or Nimco Ali.

Now you can see how something good and decent becomes seen as a foreign plot to destroy Somali culture. Which in turn gives fuel to all the crazy reactionaries.

True, but I feel that if they had a bit of shame, they would feel ashamed that a Western organisation is the one highlighting the horrors of FGM when our religion already tells us that mutilation is haram and that women have a right to pleasure.

The thing that plagues many parts of the Muslim world is that they have traditions that are downright misogynistic and harmful. They then feel angry when the West points it out, when we as Muslims should've been having this dialogue in the beginning and should've been the ones tackling it in the first place without Western interventions.

True, but I feel that if they had a bit of shame, they would feel ashamed that a Western organisation is the one highlighting the horrors of FGM when our religion already tells us that mutilation is haram and that women have a right to pleasure.

The thing that plagues many parts of the Muslim world is that they have traditions that are downright misogynistic and harmful. They then feel angry when the West points it out, when we as Muslims should've been having this dialogue in the beginning and should've been the ones tackling it in the first place without Western interventions.
Far from shame they become righteously indignant especially when you say things like 'women have a right to pleasure'. There is a huge cultural gap. These stock phrases, while good in a western context are hugely alienating and foreign. They become easily triggered and see it as a foreign plot.

You don't see it everywhere else because there is no cultural tradition. And people are very sensitive about their tradition no matter how barbaric.

Far from shame they become righteously indignant especially when you say things like 'women have a right to pleasure'. There is a huge cultural gap. These stock phrases, while good in a western context are hugely alienating and foreign. They become easily triggered and see it as a foreign plot.

You don't see it everywhere else because there is no cultural tradition. And people are very sensitive about their tradition no matter how barbaric.

No, its more of a lack of knowledge and ignorance. Islam talks about women's right to pleasure through multiple hadiths and books by various Islamic scholars from different madhabs as early as the Medieval period, well before Westerners.
I fail to see how it can be alienating for a predominantly Muslim society that has been Muslim since the early Middle Ages, when such concepts are found in Islam. So please explain, how can they be triggered?

No, its more of a lack of knowledge and ignorance. Islam talks about women's right to pleasure through various hadiths and books by various Islamic scholars from different madhabs as early as the Medieval period, well before Westerners.
I fail to see how it can be alienating for a predominantly Muslim society, when such concepts are found in Islam.
We're talking about Somali practices and beliefs as it stands. They specifically do it to cut out the pleasure. No wadaad is preaching about female pleasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.