Secularism Must Win In Somalia

You can be a Muslim and keep to your faith but you can’t dictate what others believe. Honestly only reason your Muslim is cause you were raised to be one and that’s the only thing you’ve known to believe. If you were a Jew you’d be a new and if you were Christian you’d be a Christian.
Okay answer my question, are you Muslim?

Recon Expert

cranking 90s 🥶
Warya @DR OSMAN if some old man could easily convince Somalis that he was the prophet and had a bunch of ladies shaking their ass for him a couple years ago then I don't think it will be hard to bring secularism to Somalia.

It's not hard to win the hearts of Somalis, all you have to do is bring aid and minuscule development to their tuulos and you will have many people admiring you!

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@The_memesiah9 as secularist we don't ask people 'identity' niyahow such as religion, race, or their personal choices in life(alcohol, zina, pork), we ask them only do u respect other humans to enjoy free will and be equal with you, and if they say yes, we are brothers for the same cause, we about the freedom of humanity and staying away from imposing a religion or disbelief.

We are considered secular humanists, where-as the secular u may be thinking of is secular-atheist like stalin was, see he was imposing his views on the people, he is no different to an islamist in our eyes. We don't defend anyone who breaches human right is our basic fundamental belief. We promote co-existence of believer and disbelievers but as equals under the state.

Great thread @DR OSMAN , your intellectual analysis on secularism and separation of religon and state is on spot, we Somalis claim to be 100% Muslims but we have never used Islam or Sharia as the law of our nation, we never did and we will never do, might as well become a secular state like other Muslims and develop our country.

I remember my dad told me back in 1960, the first day of Somalia's national assembly and parliamentarians from all the regions of country came together the speaker of the house asked the new MPs if they wish to use the Holy Quran as the law of the land, guess what, one single MP(Beeldajiye Abdulahi of Qandala) raised his hand while everyone voted for the Democratic system and the man made law, my dad would tell us if we didn't opt for Sharia and Islamic law back in that time then the probability of implementing it now is zero to nil.
:mjdontkno:
It was actually 2 MPs sxb one from Burco and another one, But who cares all the ones who voted against it was gaalo:kanyeshrug:

Yonis

Puntland Youth Organiser
FKD Visionary
VIP
I agree with @DR OSMAN a bit

We need to liberalise in certain areas particularly the economy, but Islam still needs to be central to our core values and ideals

@The_memesiah9 as secularist we don't ask people 'identity' niyahow such as religion, race, or their personal choices in life(alcohol, zina, pork), we ask them only do u respect other humans to enjoy free will and be equal with you, and if they say yes, we are brothers for the same cause, we about the freedom of humanity and staying away from imposing a religion or disbelief.

We are considered secular humanists, where-as the secular u may be thinking of is secular-atheist like stalin was, see he was imposing his views on the people, he is no different to an islamist in our eyes. We don't defend anyone who breaches human right is our basic fundamental belief. We promote co-existence of believer and disbelievers but as equals under the state.
First and foremost I pray that Allah guides you Dr and secondly that Allah gives you good health.