Secular Somali Governence

During the dark ages of Europe, It was "religion" that ruled every aspect of society. I put that in quotation marks because I mean one dominations with one interpretation of religion.

The difference in Islam is that during our golden age, the Abbasid caliphate ruled in a secular manner which doesn't go against the tolerance and sharia of Islam. The Muslim government has the right to dictate the laws of it's lands as long as it doesn't appose our religion. Somalia should adopt this system because people don't see eye to eye in most religious rulings.

It was always a secular state even the schools
No it isn't at all. I've been to schools in puntland and most kids are taught books of 20th century arab scholars. They're even mostly fluent in Arabic; with their books even written in Arabic. Most of them can barely right in Somali. I'm sure more than 70% of Somali women are closed to illiterate but they put on skin bleaching and wear niqaabs.

reer

VIP
It was always a secular state even the schools
secular as in not religious. we should have put emphasis on unity through islam instead of somalinimo. but not aggressively secular like former russian colonies of central asia.

Mozart

You need people like me
No it isn't at all. I've been to schools in puntland and most kids are taught books of 20th century arab scholars. They're even mostly fluent in Arabic; with their books even written in Arabic. Most of them can barely right in Somali. I'm sure more than 70% of Somali women are closed to illiterate but they put on skin bleaching and wear niqaabs.

They study three languages : English/Somali/Arabic. Secondary schools are taught only in English, excluding their Somali and Arabic classes. If Puntland can be critisised for something it most definitely isn't Education

They study three languages : English/Somali/Arabic. Secondary schools are taught only in English, excluding their Somali and Arabic classes. If Puntland can be critisised for something it most definitely isn't Education
Education is improving but it's still controlled by the Wahabi elite. Girls the age of 5 shouldn't be wearing jilbaabs at all. There is no reason for that Islamic ally other than Wahabiness.

bobsburger

I am NOT a federal agent
Somalis diaspora that demand sharia in Somalia but live in the comfort of their secular western country will always be funny
If you are muslim there is nothing to dislike about a sharia state. Only those who have hatred against the way of Allah dislike his perfect system. Look at countries like brundi and saudi their citizens are pretty comfortable and they have shariah law. Somalia needs stability and rule of law which is something that has not been achieved under it's 60 years of secular government.

If you are muslim there is nothing to dislike about a sharia state. Only those who have hatred against the way of Allah dislike his perfect system. Look at countries like brundi and saudi their citizens are pretty comfortable and they have shariah law. Somalia needs stability and rule of law which is something that has not been achieved under it's 60 years of secular government.
The way of Allah is tolerance not sectarian religious puritanism. Building roads, economy, army, and governance isn't religion and when it's hijacked by "Sharia" it leads to corruption of "Sheikhs" who say deen over dunya.

Removed

Gif-King
VIP
The way of Allah is tolerance not sectarian religious puritanism. Building roads, economy, army, and governance isn't religion and when it's hijacked by "Sharia" it leads to corruption of "Sheikhs" who say deen over dunya.
What aspect of Islamic law do you dislike? Please be specific.

bobsburger

I am NOT a federal agent
Material progress is not hindered in Somalia by Islam it is hindered by corrupt and soulless politicians who steal funds and squander them. The way of Allah is to worship him alone and to conduct yourself and society in the way Allah ordained.

State religion will be Islam like Indonesia and Malaysia however enforcing draconian laws liie stoning wont ever happen in Somalia.

Trending

Latest posts