Safety precautions you take

Hodan from HR

Be Kind Online.
Staff Member
Whenever I am walking alone from school and it is dark outside, I improvise on my hijab. Instead of the scarf on my head, I wear a beanie and wrap the scarf on my neck. Sometimes, I wear a hoodie too.

It makes me feel safe knowing that some crazy islamophobe won't easily identify me:fittytousand:

Taking self defense classes and dressing androgynously are also notable safety precautions alot of women swear by.

know ur country self defense laws (whether u can carrypepper spray, knife), pay attention to ur surroundings never buried in ur devices(phones, headphones) and join self defense classes, but remember attitude is the key to self defense.

Last edited:
This world is terrifying for women. What are some of the safety precautions you take? Honestly, I run like a madwoman. I’m scared some times to go outside. I can’t imagine how much worse I would feel living alone. Do you have any tips you can share?

@SOULSEARCHING @VixR @Knowles @Basra @Gibiin-Udug @SilverL @Basic @Saredo @Umm-al-Dhegdheeriyaa @beenleey @Halimo-2018 @Tameable Qumayo @Averagegyallie

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Seriously, I don't know. I'm paranoid myself sis. I avoid dark areas and come home early. Al hamdoulillah so far no scary experiences.

Last edited:
Im never out alone at at late night, since the white people here love to drink.
One thing I walking out alone in the dark (the sun goes down at 4pm here ffs) is pretend to get a call and in this fake call I say exactly where I am and how long it would take me to get home, Id like to think which ever man who wanted to kidnap me or whatever would stop because they think somebody knows my last final location. If I feel more uncomfortable than usual then I’d actually call a friend
I feel much safer without hijab aswell, I was never outright discriminated for it but I get treated better without it. Some people put their keys between their fingers just in case however I weirdly don’t take my safety serious enough

Umm-al-Dhegdheeriyaa

Run and I’ll catch you and eat you alive
1)Don’t go home or leave your house when it gets dark, if you end up having to go when it’s dark, make sure you always have your phone prepared to call the police, sometimes talking to someone helps
2)Know basic self defence, anything that’ll help you get away, just in case
3) be aware of your surroundings and in some cases don’t wear headphones. There are men that’ll try to touch you and pretend that it’s an accident, so always be on your guard.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
Alhamdullilah for being Muslim, ayatul Kursi is enough to protect my female relatives. One time a female relative of mine was approached and she read it and the man ran away horrified. The angels protected her :it0tdo8:

Sometimes at night I be walking behind a girl and feel bad that I am terrifying her (I am a tall guy who mostly dresses in black) so I walk quick af so I get ahead of her.

The best is not to put your self in the situations that can lead to danger. Never walk outside alone at night, walk with someone to your car have your car keys out so you don’t fumble for them.

be vigil, don’t stand close to anyone’s car, don’t be distracted, don’t let strangers get too close even if you come across as being rude. So much dumb girls get mugged because they “didn’t want to be rude”

And don’t look like a victim either. Criminals are more likely to target a cowering person. Walk with confidence but be aware of your surroundings.

And of course always read your adkar at all times

SOULSEARCHING

Hakuna matata
VIP
Honestly I try not to go out at night, due to working and university I take the public transportation and sometimes I get home around 10pm.

I always make duaa and read my adkhaars for protection and safety.

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP
Removing my number plates after a trip when it is not in use. Protect the females, since there is no Identification if there is a stalker!

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
Get decent running shoes, learn a martial art that works great for hit and runs, don't keep valuables on you and never show them, see anything that makes you think danger? Get out of there. Avoiding is quite literally the best you can do, 1 on one's can easily turn in to 5 on 1's in the blink of an eye and you don't want to get caught up in that. Play dumb everytime and lie.

Last but not least just give up your least valuable shit if you can't escape and say you have nothing else.

If you're allowed a weapon legally get one, sadly I'm not even allowed pepper spray in the UK so this is almost what I've always had to rely on.

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP
What country do you live in?
I am residing in Malaysia/Singapore, but for this, I do it when I am in the UK or any western country and I am driving with my female relatives, wife, sister, mother. I remove the plate when arriving and before leaving a residential area, and if in city, I remove it once I am done with the trip. In Malaysia, I am by myself, so thus I would not do it.

Trending

Latest posts