Sacrifices.

In a recent lecture Yasir Qadhi delivered about parenting, he mentioned a story were his Father turned down a six-figure job in the States to move his family to Jeddah.

He did this to safeguard the deen of his newborn son, he was worried about the 70's America after arriving from Karachi.

The Prophet (PBUH) said “You will never leave something for the sake of Allah, but Allah will give you something better in return.” and indeed the Promise of Allah was fulfilled for this righteous Father, his son was saved and is now a renowned scholar and likely a multi millionaire too.

Yasir Qadhi credits this sacrifice that his Father made to his success today in America, and as a result of this sacrifice, millions upon millions of Muslims and Non Muslims in the West benefit from his talks, lectures and classes on Islam

The Father of course taking a good portion of all those deeds which has the potential to last for centuries long after his death to be creditted to his eternal abode.

To achieve anything meaningful in life requires sacrifice, there is always something we must give, before we can reap the rewards we seek, and "what you seek is seeking you" (Rumi)

The question is, how much are you willing to sacrifice to safeguard the faith of your children or even your own faith?

Society today is filled to the brim with filth as are the schools and the curriculum's they teach which will only get worse overtime.

No amount of good parenting can negate the influence of such a society, and your naive for even thinking so.

1585097761511.png

Last edited:

Phiirso

Getting draids inshallah
The war is in the mind. You can't shield your kids from the evils of the world forever. Actually, the more you shield them, the more you're hurting their chances to defend against these influences from gaining control of their minds once their grown. Look around you bro, the world is globalized now, these evils are present the minute you open up an internet browser.

But I don't have a dog in this race :manny:

The war is in the mind. You can't shield your kids from the evils of the world forever. Actually, the more you shield them, the more you're hurting their chances to defend against these influences from gaining control of their minds once their grown. Look around you bro, the world is globalized now, these evils are present the minute you open up an internet browser.

It's not shielding from evil. It's giving the parent the right to teach their kids what they want so the child can grow into someone with a sound mind.

Here they tell your primary school kid about gender dysphoria.

The shielding from filth is very important in the early years as well as adolescent period to give your child a chance to teach them critical life lessons and equip them for the future to deal with the world.

You cannot do this in the West were they will teach them LGBT filth in nurseries, and everything they see or get exposed to from a very young age is debauchery and filth of the highest order.

In the above story Yasir Qadhi came back to America and was able to deal with those problems in ways you and I will never be able to.

The shielding is not forever, its only during the critical developmental phase.

The scholars write that tarbiyyah is between 7-14 and after 14 you become there trusted friend and advisor for the next 7.

You need full authority of your child until the age 16 at least and in an environment that is most conducive to your faith were you can teach them unopposed without confusion and contradictory teachings e.g. (evolution at school, creation at home)

This is not possible in the west and we both know this.

Last edited:

Phiirso

Getting draids inshallah
The shielding from filth is very important in the early years as well as adolescent period to give your child a chance to teach them critical life lessons and equip them for the future to deal with the world.

You cannot do this in the West were they will teach them LGBT filth in nurseries, and everything they see or get exposed to from a very young age is debauchery and filth of the highest order.

In the above story Yasir Qadhi came back to America and was able to deal with those problems in ways you and I will never be able to.

The scholars write that tarbiyyah is between 7-14 and after 14 you become there trusted friend and advisor for the next 7.

You need full authority of your child until the age 16 at least and in an environment that is most conducive to your faith were you can teach them unopposed without confusion and contradictory teachings e.g. (evolution at school, creation at home)

I thought you meant forever. You're right, early years yeah you can do this, but not forever.

dr.leorio

death\emitter
Great post. It's pretty evident that raising kids in the west is a bad idea. I'll have to make Hijrah to a Muslim country when I'm ready to start a family Insha'Allah. It's a sacrifice worth undergoing.

its interesting you mention yasir qadhi be ause even he and his associates have been delving into some liberalism here and there, with talks of lgbt and compatibility with islam, even one of his cohorts omar soleman has been getting into the american left wing scene. so he got his deen intact, but hanging with the wrong crowds over time has sort got a lot of these american clerics bending too much for approval

If you had written this a month ago, I would've vehemently disagreed with you. I would've told you that if you want your children to succeed (mines would be considered 2nd gen b/c I was born in the west) that there is no place better for them than to be in the West. I no longer see it that way. Sacrificing for your children is important, and instilling in them the love of Islam and the Qur'an at a young age is so vital, given the society we live in today. Who knows what will happen in the next 5-10 years?

I definitely wanna make hijrah. Maybe to the UAE and/or Qatar insha'Allah. The only thing is that I'd have to find a partner who agrees with raising children in a muslim country. Wallahi, I no longer see the west as a utopia. I ask Allah to make this dream easy for me insha'Allah.

its interesting you mention yasir qadhi be ause even he and his associates have been delving into some liberalism here and there, with talks of lgbt and compatibility with islam, even one of his cohorts omar soleman has been getting into the american left wing scene. so he got his deen intact, but hanging with the wrong crowds over time has sort got a lot of these american clerics bending too much for approval

Do you have any videos/materials to support this? I never heard of Yasir doing anything like that.

Omar Suleiman is def involved in the American political arena, but masha'Allah, from what I've been seeing, he manages both in a seamless manner.

Like @Desert Flower similarly said, I've always had the mindset that the West is the best place to stay, but as I stay here longer, I realize that there are so many things wrong with it.
The thing is, in Western countries, there is a lot of fitnah and things that cause conflict with the beliefs we Muslims should have. It may be easier here and things we are familiar with may be easily accessible here, but if we want to have families that are brought up well, it is better to start one within a Muslim community. Even though I may enjoy it here, I wouldn't want it for my family.

Like @Desert Flower similarly said, I've always had the mindset that the West is the best place to stay, but as I stay here longer, I realize that there are so many things wrong with it.
The thing is, in Western countries, there is a lot of fitnah and things that cause conflict with the beliefs we Muslims should have. It may be easier here and things we are familiar with may be easily accessible here, but if we want to have families that are brought up well, it is better to start one within a Muslim community. Even though I may enjoy it here, I wouldn't want it for my family.
Yes, I agree. I can only speak for myself, but growing up, it was easier to maintain your deen because our communities were so tight-knit. There was more xishood and dhaqaan too. Not anymore. I would prefer my family to have the balance of living in a Muslim country, and then visiting the west every year so that they don't get culture shock. Once they're older and more mature, I'd be okay with them coming to the West for university because by then, they're grown and can make their own choices.

Like @Inquisitive_ mentioned in his post, if you make sacrifices for the sake of Allah, you will be rewarded. Try your best to do right by your family, and Allah will aid you insha'Allah.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
The West is good if you have a strong sense of identity, or atleast you are an adult, not so much for impressionable kids.

Yes, I agree. I can only speak for myself, but growing up, it was easier to maintain your deen because our communities were so tight-knit. There was more xishood and dhaqaan too. Not anymore. I would prefer my family to have the balance of living in a Muslim country, and then visiting the west every year so that they don't get culture shock. Once they're older and more mature, I'd be okay with them coming to the West for university because by then, they're grown and can make their own choices.

Like @Inquisitive_ mentioned in his post, if you make sacrifices for the sake of Allah, you will be rewarded. Try your best to do right by your family, and Allah will aid you insha'Allah.
I guess it's easier for adults since a child's environment and its culture shapes them as they grow up. There used to be communities for Somali Muslims to grow up in the West where outside influence didn't really make its way in. Now these communities aren't enough as they are getting affected too. Adults are more independent in that way.

Do you have any videos/materials to support this? I never heard of Yasir doing anything like that.

Omar Suleiman is def involved in the American political arena, but masha'Allah, from what I've been seeing, he manages both in a seamless manner.
He never supports it, he wouldnt do that, but they've been doing some work with those communities for dawah purposes, which isn't bad if they are trying to be "gentle" and deliver islam in a good way, buts its just that even if they say something that makes sense, they keep changing their previous positions, then this paves the way for the next generation to go even further to do dawah, and thats how christians got to the point they got to today, doing little by little changes. if that made sense

World

VIP
If you had written this a month ago, I would've vehemently disagreed with you. I would've told you that if you want your children to succeed (mines would be considered 2nd gen b/c I was born in the west) that there is no place better for them than to be in the West. I no longer see it that way. Sacrificing for your children is important, and instilling in them the love of Islam and the Qur'an at a young age is so vital, given the society we live in today. Who knows what will happen in the next 5-10 years?

I definitely wanna make hijrah. Maybe to the UAE and/or Qatar insha'Allah. The only thing is that I'd have to find a partner who agrees with raising children in a muslim country. Wallahi, I no longer see the west as a utopia. I ask Allah to make this dream easy for me insha'Allah.
What changed in that one month?

Guardafui

Beati Pacifici.
That’s what I plan to do, I prefer to raise my kids in the West when they’re small (up to 8-10 years old) so they can learn manners, etiquettes, linguists etc which lacks in the 3rd world and then move to Muslim country and live there as they grow older (easier for parents because of society) until university after that is their choice if they want to come back study their degrees here. That period between 10-19 years old is the hardest to raise. Having the best of the both worlds is the best.

Trending