Russia-Ukraine War

bidenkulaha

GalYare
Why doesn't Russia just go scorched earth? They did that to Chechnya.
They had complete air superiority over Chechnya and heavy artillery.

They also had easy access to supply lines. It’s not as easy as just bomb it to the ground when you’re planes are getting shot down and you are lacking ammunition.

Also Ukraine has 10 to 1 manpower advantage.

And lastly even if they could the international outrage would be on another level. I would expect to see war time sanctions.

They had complete air superiority over Chechnya and heavy artillery.

They also had easy access to supply lines. It’s not as easy as just bomb it to the ground when you’re planes are getting shot down and you are lacking ammunition.

Also Ukraine has 10 to 1 manpower advantage.

And lastly even if they could the international outrage would be on another level. I would expect to see war time sanctions.
But wouldn't losing be worse. That would just make Russia look really weak.
They already are getting sanctioned nuked I don't think it could get any worse.

bidenkulaha

GalYare
But wouldn't losing be worse. That would just make Russia look really weak.
They already are getting sanctioned nuked I don't think it could get any worse.
I personally think the sanctions so far aren’t anywhere near as hard as they could be. Full ban on any parts so they can no longer produce their high tech military gear, European ban on oil/gas from Russia, global max oil price forcing Russia to sell on the black market for cheap or at an agreed global price set by America, not only just freezing $300bn+ of Russian assets but giving it to Ukraine, high quality American tech (so far the Ukrainians are only really using Turkish Drones and HIMARS, anti-radiation tech and heavy artillery/missiles), I’m sure there’s a lot more America can do too.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
Wake up brother. Russia is wealthier now than when the war started thanks to fuel prices. It is Europe that is on the brink of recession thanks to the economic war they started.

The Ukrainian spearhead of equipment heading to the front will likely be sitting ducks for Russian bombardment. Russian planes run the skies not some shitty Turkish drone made from ebay parts.
U still believing that myth?

I meant of Russia.

We talk about this everyday. Russia is making more revenue than it did last year off fossil fuel exports despite the reduced volumes? Why? Surging prices.

Russia is also doing what Iran does with its fuel. Refining, blending, transshipments and ship-to-ship transfers to sneak the stuff into banned countries.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
We talk about this everyday. Russia is making more revenue than it did last year off fossil fuel exports despite the reduced volumes? Why? Surging prices.

Russia is also doing what Iran does with its fuel. Refining, blending, transshipments and ship-to-ship transfers to sneak the stuff into banned countries.
Most of the revenue go to war effort, yet it is shutdown from everyone, if it got 900 billion a day, 800 goes to the war in Ukraine, but no foreing trading, which crippled the economy

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
I’m not willing to get excited over this. We have to see how Ukraine handles the inevitable Russian counter-offensive.

If they can survive the Russian counter-offensive and take even more territory then the tides have truly shifted.

Trending