Russia-Ukraine War

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
it seems like he really has worked with the Chechens in a way that created a compromise- I think they have a certain amount of independence and they have some amount of sharia without Russian interference... and then in return they stay with Russia.

I actually met the UFC fighter... his name is hard to spell.... Khabib Nurmagomedov.... wallahi I met him..... I was at the mosque and he showed up to pray.... he is a real Muslim, it wasn't publicized or anything... he was in the area for a fight and he came to the mosque to pray and I happened to be there and I got to meet him... everyone was so excited to meet him.... so he is a real Muslim and I know he is a patriot of Russia... so it seems to me like Russia isn't really anti-Muslim and it does seem to me like Russia is more respectful of Muslims and less anti-Muslim than the US...
Putin failed to defeat them by brute force because they knew the mountain terrain, so what did he do? He bought alot of their elders in Grozky and offered them a deal, I will give you semi autonomy and your own sharia law in muncipalities in exchange for your loyalty to the Russian state and the expungal of troublemakers. Guess what? He turned Grotsky into this after it was blown to smithereens during the war, essentially paying reparations.

He is much more pragmatic than arrogant Western leaders who believe drones are the solution for an insurgency

Omar del Sur

علم السلف > علم الخلف
VIP
I also have a feeling that trucker protests, European protests etc were getting too much for the elite and they needed a spectacular distraction to relieve them from domestic pressures in their respective countries.

Its worked like a charm, dont you agree @KMO @Omar del Sur ?

my theory is that Putin recognized how divided the US is.... the conservatives in the US are of course way more warlike than the liberals... the liberals... tend to be... kind of effeminate... I think it's actually been shown they have less testosterone.... the conservatives are the more warlike and masculine element of the population... they are the element that is relied on to fight the wars... your male feminist elements aren't exactly the ideal types to send out on the battlefield.... and Russia today is a conservative Christian country unlike the Soviet Union which was an atheist Marxist country.... and so the conservatives openly sympathize with Russia... meanwhile the US wants to bully Russia and threaten them by arming Ukraine... kind of like how the Soviets supposedly put the nukes on Cuba... so I think the patriotic Russians obviously want action in response, I think there is domestic pressure for Putin to act in this way.... it is in his political interest and in Russian national interest... and meanwhile the US and Canada are basically on the verge of civil war... and with the more warlike elements sympathizing with Russia.... I think Putin would be kind of crazy not to defend the Russian interest and to take advantage of its strategic opportunity with the US not really able to oppose him

Omar del Sur

علم السلف > علم الخلف
VIP
Putin failed to defeat them by brute force because they knew the mountain terrain, so what did he do? He bought alot of their elders in Grozky and offered them a deal, I will give you semi autonomy and your own sharia law in muncipalities in exchange for your loyalty to the Russian state and the expungal of troublemakers. Guess what? He turned Grotsky into this after it was blown to smithereens during the war, essentially paying reparations.

He is much more pragmatic than arrogant Western leaders who believe drones are the solution for an insurgency

I can work with and I can respect someone like that... leave me alone and let me live in accordance with my values... exactly- rather than the Western approach of trying to force their values at gunpoint... the Western approach really is suicidal... it isn't even just Muslims- they have basically declared war on half their population

TekNiKo

VIP
my theory is that Putin recognized how divided the US is.... the conservatives in the US are of course way more warlike than the liberals... the liberals... tend to be... kind of effeminate... I think it's actually been shown they have less testosterone.... the conservatives are the more warlike and masculine element of the population... they are the element that is relied on to fight the wars... your male feminist elements aren't exactly the ideal types to send out on the battlefield.... and Russia today is a conservative Christian country unlike the Soviet Union which was an atheist Marxist country.... and so the conservatives openly sympathize with Russia... meanwhile the US wants to bully Russia and threaten them by arming Ukraine... kind of like how the Soviets supposedly put the nukes on Cuba... so I think the patriotic Russians obviously want action in response, I think there is domestic pressure for Putin to act in this way.... it is in his political interest and in Russian national interest... and meanwhile the US and Canada are basically on the verge of civil war... and with the more warlike elements sympathizing with Russia.... I think Putin would be kind of crazy not to defend the Russian interest and to take advantage of its strategic opportunity with the US not really able to oppose him
Bravo.

You got it spot on, the divisions caused by overreaching mandate and never ending control has actually lead to the civil deteriorating of Western societies. The gas prices are gonna go up phenomenally as crude oil already hit 100$ p/barrel this will cause even further inflation

TekNiKo

VIP
I can work with and I can respect someone like that... leave me alone and let me live in accordance with my values... exactly- rather than the Western approach of trying to force their values at gunpoint... the Western approach really is suicidal... it isn't even just Muslims- they have basically declared war on half their population
Yup, actually Somalia thrived under USSR patroonship but Barre invaded fellow Soviet sponser state Ethiopia and really done goofed by trying to capture Addis. The USSR even offered to stop and keep the Somali portion but he refused. Thats when they switched sides on us and Barre arrogantly expelled them. Somalia went downhill from there after Jimmy Carter US President refused to support a Muslim nation against his fellow Christian as he was a famous evangelical

Dharbash

🧊
MARQUESS OF SSC
1645676038125.png

reer

VIP
Yup, actually Somalia thrived under USSR patroonship but Barre invaded fellow Soviet sponser state Ethiopia and really done goofed by trying to capture Addis. The USSR even offered to stop and keep the Somali portion but he refused. Thats when they switched sides on us and Barre arrogantly expelled them. Somalia went downhill from there after Jimmy Carter US President refused to support a Muslim nation against his fellow Christian as he was a famous evangelical
the soviets were already leaning towards ethiopia and would support them if push came to shove. but such a massive intervention in africa was unheard of.

Omar del Sur

علم السلف > علم الخلف
VIP

I didn't know Jimmy Carter was in charge during the Ogaden War. Poor Somalia- if all this would have happened just a little later and Siad Barre would have been allies with Ronald Reagan, I think Reagan would have done way more to support Somalia.

The thing is... this is just how it was with Jimmy Carter. Being a US ally in the Jimmy Carter days was horrible.

In Nicaragua, Carter cut off support to the US-aligned Somoza government. The pro-Soviet Sandinistas took over Nicaragua.

In Iran, the Shah fell and Khomeini came to power.

In Afghanistan, the Soviets invaded. And now I learn apparently this was the time when Siad Barre became a US ally during the Ogaden war.

Anyways, I think all this with Russia can benefit Somalia in the long-run. What is Putin trying to do? He's trying to achieve Russiaweyn. So in the future, if countries like Somalia (or Mexico) want to take back places like Ogaden or Texas... I think what Putin is doing sets a precedent. As someone noted earlier, I think that's why the President of Kenya gave that speech.

TekNiKo

VIP
I didn't know Jimmy Carter was in charge during the Ogaden War. Poor Somalia- if all this would have happened just a little later and Siad Barre would have been allies with Ronald Reagan, I think Reagan would have done way more to support Somalia.

The thing is... this is just how it was with Jimmy Carter. Being a US ally in the Jimmy Carter days was horrible.

In Nicaragua, Carter cut off support to the US-aligned Somoza government. The pro-Soviet Sandinistas took over Nicaragua.

In Iran, the Shah fell and Khomeini came to power.

In Afghanistan, the Soviets invaded. And now I learn apparently this was the time when Siad Barre became a US ally during the Ogaden war.

Anyways, I think all this with Russia can benefit Somalia in the long-run. What is Putin trying to do? He's trying to achieve Russiaweyn. So in the future, if countries like Somalia (or Mexico) want to take back places like Ogaden or Texas... I think what Putin is doing sets a precedent. As someone noted earlier, I think that's why the President of Kenya gave that speech.
He actally reminds me alot of Biden they both have that same frail, weak, demeanor that invites their enemies to devour them. Indecisive, impulsive, lack of apprehension to threats etc. Jimmy Carter was indeed a disaster for Somalia and the world at large. Reagan was much more capable.

Trending