Russia-Ukraine War

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP

They say they arent getting involved yet admit they have been providing Ukraine with intel about Russia for months?

So are they involved or not involved in the war?

Zelensky stays and fights = foolhardy, suicidal, maniacal.
If Zelensky fleed or submits without a fight guaranteed people would be calling him a coward, weak, selling his country, etc.
Man cant win.
Citizens handed weaponry =/= Zelensky fighting with people trained in war affairs.

The leader of the country should stay and have skin in the game. Fleeing or submitting on military grounds would get a negative backlash, from inside and partially outside the nation. A diplomatic agreement with Russia with heavy concessions is the only realistic option after a while.

Remember, Russia can outmatch Ukraine attacks by many folds. There is no symmetry here, and things can get brutal for the Ukrainian people if Zelensky chooses that route, turning a bad situation to even worse, gaining nothing.

It'd be funny if a middle eastern country like Georgia gets admitted into the EU while a richer country with territory in Europe such as Turkey got rejected :mjlol:
Georgia probably has a chance because of its predominately Christian background, they likely only rejected Turkey because they are Muslims.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
It is important to acknowledge there is a knowledge gap from where we sit observing what is unfolding, lacking full privilege access to critical data. Without going too deep into complex economic matters, let me preface by stating a couple of facts; Russia faced the same type of coordinated attacks to a substantial extent when it annexed Crimea, showcasing the current events are extensions of similar exercises. Several countries in recent history that underwent war and conflict, often finding themselves on the opposing side of the West, got their foreign exchange reserves frozen (e.g., Afghanistan is just going through it as we speak), so to think Putin did not consider that standard scenario, a typical recurrent playbook move, is an underestimation.

Russia can still tap into several hundred billion dollars' worths of savings, over 1/3 of that being gold, excluding the imposed sanctions on foreign territory.

Approximately half of the several hundred billion dollars in savings you mention is in Western countries.

Citizens handed weaponry =/= Zelensky fighting with people trained in war affairs.

The leader of the country should stay and have skin in the game. Fleeing or submitting on military grounds would get a negative backlash, from inside and partially outside the nation. A diplomatic agreement with Russia with heavy concessions is the only realistic option after a while.

Remember, Russia can outmatch Ukraine attacks by many folds. There is no symmetry here, and things can get brutal for the Ukrainian people if Zelensky chooses that route, turning a bad situation to even worse, gaining nothing.
I'm not in dissagrement that a leader should stay, and if they do credit should be given, there have been a number of cases where the president fled the country as enemy forces closed in on the capital, to the point where its at times seen as the norm.
When the power balance isn't in your favour the idea should be inflicting as much as losses against the enemy/win propaganda war/make it financially and politically costly enough where you can get a better deal in the negotiation table, really the question is to what degree are they willing to fight for in terms of sacrificing Ukrainian life, for some sovereignty is everything. I disagree though with the idea just capitulate because there's no hope.

Approximately half of the several hundred billion dollars in savings you mention is in Western countries.
I was saying not of the, but despite the assets put on sanctions. Over a hundred billion dollars in gold is domestic, and then you have the Chinese Yuan with others as well. This again necessitates a new regional economic paradigm shift that will take place.

I'm not in dissagrement that a leader should stay, and if they do credit should be given, there have been a number of cases where the president fled the country as enemy forces closed in on the capital, to the point where its at times seen as the norm.
When the power balance isn't in your favour the idea should be inflicting as much as losses against the enemy/win propaganda war/make it financially and politically costly enough where you can get a better deal in the negotiation table, really the question is to what degree are they willing to fight for in terms of sacrificing Ukrainian life, for some sovereignty is everything. I disagree though with the idea just capitulate because there's no hope.
I did not mean for Ukraine to capitulate out of nowhere. Rather something strictly based on strategic best value outcome options mitigating the balances of the bad state of affairs. The fact of the matter is, you will lose. Your value arrangement will dictate the subsequent choice. The Ukrainian president lost focus on what's important when he armed the citizens.

Trending

Latest posts