RIP SOMALIA! JUST IN ! UAE recognizes SL passport

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirLancelLord

Reformation of Somaliland
VIP
Do you honestly believe that the only or biggest factor holding Somaliland back is the lack of international recognition? Definitely not saying it isn't an issue, but I strongly disagree.

Oil and minerals on disputed land aside, 90% of its exports are still animal products. Maybe even higher up north since most livestock is exported from there. You guys sometimes make it sound like there's an embargo on Somaliland when in reality it produces fuckall of real value just like the rest of Somalia... So again, aside from potential oil moneyZ and back to my original point, what makes Somaliland so much better than Somalia? They're almost equally corrupt, incompetent and suffer from virtually every issue Puntland suffers from. I am not saying it can't flourish, but I think my skepticism is very much warranted.

:ulyin: I'm not speaking for them, but that's ironic because every time y'all claim Somaliland isn't Somalia, aren't you speaking for them?

Why would you ask Dhulbahante and Warsangali to vote? British Somaliland exists or it doesn't. Also, while I am neither of the above, technically my tuulo is in Somaliland too.

:manny:

No because everytime Somaliland tries to deal with Someone Farmaajo's mafia always blocks it despite both Gov agreeing in 2013 at the summit that they should not interfere in each others business dealings

The only one the fgs is interfering with ku lahaa

It has nothing to do with the weak fgs, and everything to do with hesitation from international finance

But you dont really understand the dynamic so whats the point

I don't??? It has everything to do with the federal government, even this Berbera deal would've been a non-issue if it wasn't for Mogadishu. One of the more concrete reasons you guys want out is to independently enter and negotiate contracts without tfg sticking their fat fingers in.

You keep circling back to international investment when there's next to nothing indicative of Somaliland doing significantly better than Somalia, and plenty to support the opposite.

Get Recognition
Get international finance
???
Become Norway

no

No because everytime Somaliland tries to deal with Someone Farmaajo's mafia always blocks it despite both Gov agreeing in 2013 at the summit that they should not interfere in each others business dealings

^ @BANTU

BANTU

+op MVLI
@Slickback you don't

and that reductionist argument ??? > become Norway? Not gonna even bother

No one will invest significant money in SLand without a clean break from Somalia, it's that simple. Good on UAE for not giving a f*ck lol

@Slickback you don't

and that reductionist argument ??? > become Norway? Not gonna even bother

No one will invest significant money in SLand without a clean break from Somalia, it's that simple. Good on UAE for not giving a f*ck lol

I claimed Somaliland is only marginally better than Somalia. YOU claimed it was because you lacked international recognition, implying you would do significantly better than Somalia otherwise. Nonetheless we're both speculating because we don't know, but I've at least given tangible supportive evidence. Foreign investment ku te. Real talk, what is Somaliland offering to guarantee enough investment to elevate itself above African shit hole status despite its lengthy list of ills???

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

DRACO

VIP
@BANTU :salute:
Keep telling the delusional dumb fucks how it is.
I won't be debating them for a while .Need to take a rest from exposing these dumb kiddos.

BANTU

+op MVLI
I claimed Somaliland is only marginally better than Somalia. YOU claimed it was because you lacked international recognition, implying you would do significantly better than Somalia otherwise. Nonetheless we're both speculating because we don't know, but I've at least given tangible supportive evidence. Foreign investment ku te. Real talk, what is Somaliland offering to guarantee enough investment to elevate itself above African shit hole status despite its lengthy list of ills???

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It's not a comparison, SLand would be doing way better than it is right now if international financial institutions would open up loans to the government and loans to foreign investors looking to make something off of the untapped nation. It's a simple fact the above mentioned would increase economic growth and development.

Will it be Dubai? Will it be Botswana? Will it be Wakanda? Those are silly questions that I never bothered myself with

Will it be significantly better than Somalia? Yes, for the time being. But that's not my concern, my concern is the standard of life for the average SLand citizen

It's not a comparison, SLand would be doing way better than it is right now if international financial institutions would open up loans to the government and loans to foreign investors looking to make something off of the untapped nation. It's a simple fact the above mentioned would increase economic growth and development.

Will it be Dubai? Will it be Botswana? Will it be Wakanda? Those are silly questions that I never bothered myself with

Will it be significantly better than Somalia? Yes, for the time being. But that's not my concern, my concern is the standard of life for the average SLand citizen

This would be an unmitigated disaster.

You want MORE aid to come in? Aid has ruined Africa. In any case you'd see the same cronyism that occurred under Barre and in time the same clan competition to capture the treasure chest (control of the government).

The Somali problem is a social one. There isn't a political solution for the current situation.

BANTU

+op MVLI
This would be an unmitigated disaster.

You want MORE aid to come in? Aid has ruined Africa. In any case you'd see the same cronyism that occurred under Barre and in time the same clan competition to capture the treasure chest (control of the government).

The Somali problem is a social one. There isn't a political solution for the current situation.
Lol you've just completely changed the conversation. More investment equals more development, that's my argument it's very simple I'm sticking to it

[QUOTE="Slickback,

The truth is that British Somaliland has no real claim to sovereignty legally, morally or even Islamically (IMO).]
...................................................................................................................................................................

why you say that! aren't they 2 entities that came together in 1960,how one can say NEVER.If you aware of it even that SL referendum in 1961 about the union was rejected by the people of Somaliland but somehow wasn't fulfilled. google that. what am seeing in your argument is the same used by Ethiopians against eriteria which caused the longest civil war in Africa for 30 yrs. Yee let it drag on...

what Somalia coated with qabiil working on is foreign intervention militarily and after that collapses as for sure it will then they will start licking their wounds and mind their own business.

Last edited:
If there is a free and fair referendum on secession in 'SL' and the options are to secede or to join a functioning restored Somali republic, there would be a significant plurality or even majority in favour of union.

I love how people act like everyone in SL is in favour of secession. This isn't the case. It's just that the secessionists are loud on social media. The average guy in Burco probably doesn't give a shit really.
27 years the gangsters in Hargeisa have been lying to their people telling them how 'ictiraaf' is imminent.

Awdal, Sool, Sanaag and Cayn are all pro-union. This isn't counting significant sections of the remainder who are partial to some form of union.

Personally, I'd love it if 'SL' got a highly competent administration and liberated every inch of the Somali Republic. Make Hargeisa the interim capital. Fulfil the original goal of the Somali National Movement: a prosperous Somalia free of dictatorship and tyranny.

This isn't going to happen but one can dream... A free, sovereign state in the Horn defending the interests of Somalis and Muslims generally.

guess your wishful thinking that majority of SL is pro union makes your whole comment irrelevant ,,awdal,sool,sanag,cayn hhhhh. someone plasters everywhere knowing very well its not true wont make ur argument anymore tangible.

guess your wishful thinking that majority of SL is pro union makes your whole comment irrelevant ,,awdal,sool,sanag,cayn hhhhh. someone plasters everywhere knowing very well its not true wont make ur argument anymore tangible.
:drakekidding: SL is exclusively an Isaaq project.

waraabe

Your superior
LOL you actually admitted SL's role in terrorism? Well I wasn't even sure it was true but damn...

Boot clapping for Ethiopia and killing your own people? The warlords in Hargeisa are on a roll...

lol your people arent my people mate, if you hate Ethiopia so much why did you invite their army into your country?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending