Respecting Other People's Beliefs

So I know most of you guys on here adhere to the Islamic faith and particularly the Sunni sect of Islam. But I've noticed that not every Somali on this forum has the same stance on Islam or religion in general since their are other Somalis who've spoken about this topic. I just wanted to ask the Muslims a question...

Do you respect other religions?

I've seen on this forum people who mock and poke fun of Jews, Rastafarians, Shias, Christians, and even Scientologists for thinking differently or having beliefs that are thought by the consensus of people here to be "bizarre." I find this to be hypocritical because Muslims fail to acknowledge that they too believe in things that would be considered ridiculous such as Jinns and black magic.

There is even a (authentic) hadith that talks about how the Islamic Prophet Muhammad flew from Mecca to Jerusalem on a winged donkey accompanied by an Angel named Gabriel. So I think everyone is capable of stupid thinking and it's best if that we see these things for what they are, but more important not put down these myths beliefs and instead try your best to convince the other side why they are wrong.

:samwelcome::samwelcome::samwelcome:

So I know most of you guys on here adhere to the Islamic faith and particularly the Sunni sect of Islam. But I've noticed that not every Somali on this forum has the same stance on Islam or religion in general since their are other Somalis who've spoken about this topic. I just wanted to ask the Muslims a question...

I've seen on this forum people who mock and poke fun of Jews, Rastafarians, Shias, Christians, and even Scientologists for thinking differently or having beliefs that are thought by the consensus of people here to be "bizarre." I find this to be hypocritical because Muslims fail to acknowledge that they too believe in things that would be considered ridiculous such as Jinns and black magic.

There is even a (authentic) hadith that talks about how the Islamic Prophet Muhammad flew from Mecca to Jerusalem on a winged donkey accompanied by an Angel named Gabriel. So I think everyone is capable of stupid thinking and it's best if that we see these things for what they are, but more important not put down these myths beliefs and instead try your best to convince the other side why they are wrong.

Sxb prove ur somalinimo an ask ur question in afsomali
I doubt ur somali.

Keep ur missionary work movin

Kulaha stupid thinking

Recon Expert

cranking 90s 🥶
No, I don't respect other beliefs. I believe our beliefs are superior.
Bruh you should respect people of all faith. Having a feeling of superiority over other humans is toxic mindset!

Even Sheikhs like Mufti Menk said you should respect other people's beliefs.

Bruh you should respect people of all faith. Having a feeling of superiority over other humans is toxic mindset!

Even Sheikhs like Mufti Menk said you should respect other people's beliefs.
I'm not sure you understand what respect means.

Our religion is the truth. How could you respect lies? How could you not believe the truth is better than lies?

If the mufti said that he's wrong. You should tolerate other beliefs, not respect them. :mjdontkno:

Also as an aside, a superiority complex is a very productive mindset and necessary component of a people's success.

No one has mentioned your last paragraph :chrisfreshhah:

nomadicblood

I am not a farax
I've seen on this forum people who mock and poke fun of Jews, Rastafarians, Shias, Christians, and even Scientologists

I find this to be hypocritical because Muslims fail to acknowledge that they too believe in things that would be considered ridiculous such as Jinns and black magic.

these myths beliefs

So you open a topic that is aimed at Muslims.
Why do you generalize? And why do you mock us?

You don´t respect Islam.

Trending

Latest posts