Rer Australia come in!

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
My wifey just got an Australia sponsership from her auntie I was wondering how is life there? I wanna move there with her when she flies out there I wanna know can a Canadian work there and gain permenant residence?

Periplus

Minister of Propaganda
VIP
My wifey just got an Australia sponsership from her auntie I was wondering how is life there? I wanna move there with her when she flies out there I wanna know can a Canadian work there and gain permenant residence?

I’ve never been to Canada so I can’t make a direct comparison but life here is good.

You can get a PR if your wife gets one or you can be sponsored by your job if you’re useful to them.

TekNiKo

VIP
I’ve never been to Canada so I can’t make a direct comparison but life here is good.

You can get a PR if your wife gets one or you can be sponsored by your job if you’re useful to them.
Your dollar is weak just like Canadian dollar though thats what I dont like, I heard life is expensive in the big cities? Hows gas? Groceries? And general living average wage?

Periplus

Minister of Propaganda
VIP
Your dollar is weak just like Canadian dollar though thats what I dont like, I heard life is expensive in the big cities? Hows gas? Groceries? And general living average wage?

It’s about par with the Canadian dollar. Petrol is around 120-150 cents per litre, groceries for two people is around 100-150pw.

TekNiKo

VIP
It’s about par with the Canadian dollar. Petrol is around 120-150 cents per litre, groceries for two people is around 100-150pw.
Ok great, that sounds good which city is the hot ones all year round? Melbourne or Sydney?

TekNiKo

VIP
Melbourne has been rated most livable city for a decade or something. Can't compare Canada but it is definitely more liveable in my experience than places like San Diego or Seattle. As for living wage, depends what your occupation is, if your in health or IT, you'd be making close or more than 6 figures. Even tradies can get 6 figures over here (if your licensed). There's a huge Labor shortage from what I've heard and even fork lift drivers are earning well apparently. You can get in via sponsorship through your wife or skilled migration. Or you can study here and do a course at one of the institutes (cooking, hairdressing) and apply for pr, I know tons of Indians who migrated this way.
Yeah I am in construction field, I will probably get a job there with my experience, I hope the skills I have are transferable there. If theres a Labor shortage I can take advantage, I wanna go there for the weather I am tired of cold long winters.

I have always been fascinated by Townsville. Just cause it has a name you would see in cartoon. Any Somalis in this place?

Periplus

Minister of Propaganda
VIP
I have always been fascinated by Townsville. Just cause it has a name you would see in cartoon. Any Somalis in this place?

Highly doubt it but wouldn’t surprised if there is a family or two.

It’s in area of Australia that it’s best for Somalis to avoid if they place value on their safety. A lot of people don’t like Black Muslims here.

Keo

VIP
A quick YouTube search and…
:faysalwtf:

Last edited:

It’s in area of Australia that it’s best for Somalis to avoid if they place value on their safety. A lot of people don’t like Black Muslims here.

I know 3 young fellas down there, they're in the military though.

What? You telling me there are racist places in Australia that’s best for us to avoid? Daamn thanks for killing my dream about Townsville. I’m all about Hobart in Tasmania….now this sounds like a place in fantasy movie. Let’s go Hobart let’s go

Periplus

Minister of Propaganda
VIP
What? You telling me there are racist places in Australia that’s best for us to avoid? Daamn thanks for killing my dream about Townsville. I’m all about Hobart in Tasmania….now this sounds like a place in fantasy movie. Let’s go Hobart let’s go

Australia isn’t the UK or US, it’s a lot more xenophobic esp outside the major cities. Muslims are especially disliked because of the media coverage and forget about a black Muslim.

Actually on second thought, Townsville is becoming a university city so there is some diversity there but I wouldn’t go travelling outside that area.

Tasmania is alright but a few years ago it used to be full of cansuuri unemployed cadaans. I know POC that lived there and said the racism is in your face.

Periplus

Minister of Propaganda
VIP
I know 3 young fellas down there, they're in the military though.

I do think Townsville has changed now that James Cook University is more popular and they’re accepting a lot of international students.

I see a lot of POC or mixed people in @doroafels vid which means it’s not as bad as it used to be.

Laakin if some Somali guy told me a decade ago they were heading to Townsville, I would be looking at them weird.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Periplus

Minister of Propaganda
VIP
Rural parts are, by far, the worst. Knew a guy who came from there and his grandpa used to shoot Aboriginal kids dead for fun :damedamn:

I stopped at a rural 7/11 once driving from Sydney to another city and asked if they had any halal meat pies (7/11 sells them).

The look I got was so disgusting that I just went back to my car and drove to McDonald’s.

I heard a lot of stories about rural Australia and I don’t wanna try my luck by being a smart arse.

Trending

Latest posts