Report on Laascaanood

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
It’s the first time in 7 years I’ve been in laascaanood, I got there just a day before my 18th birthday and got to celebrate my birthday there too.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

But laascaanood has changed A LOT in those 7 years, in fact when my uncle was driving me home he asked if I could recognize the house, I said of course and when we got there I couldn’t recognize it lol. In my memory our house was a bit away from the city centre and it was on a dirt road. But now not only was the road paved but it was packed with buildings.

Apparently they paved the road 2-3 years after I left, not just that road either they paved all the major roads that go across the city, only the smaller roads that connect them are dirt roads now.

The wifi here is a lot faster than hargeisa, only because our dish is higher here. Another big improvement are sit down toilets lol, I remember last time you had to squat in those toilets but now everywhere has regular toilets.

Also, my awoowe’s company grew immensely. Last time his company only had maybe a hundred employees and were only building houses and other small buildings, now they are building much larger projects.

The biggest problem for Laascaanood is also garbage unsurprisingly. There needs to be a waste management program.

Another problem is recreation imo. It’s too boring here, every infrastructure and business is here because of necessity. We need more soccer fields, festival areas, theatres, and most importantly, chess tournaments kkkk.

As of now I’m really not doing much besides running errands with my uncles and awoowe.

I’m excited for my trip to xamar, our nation’s capital. I know there’ll be more to do there. :salute:

Reborn
Why don't you try and meet one of the elected councillors in LA to share your ideas?
Pretty sure you have a connection thanks to your family businneess :superman:

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Why don't you try and meet one of the elected councillors in LA to share your ideas?
Pretty sure you have a connection thanks to your family businneess :superman:
I actually went to visit the governor of laascaanood since his house is right next to the police station. But I just sat around while my awoowe was talking business lol.

I don’t think anyone would take me too seriously if I’m being honest and especially with my mediocre Somali I’d have trouble getting my ideas across.

Maybe in the future when I make more visits to the laascaanood I’ll get more involved in local politics inshallah.

I actually went to visit the governor of laascaanood since his house is right next to the police station. But I just sat around while my awoowe was talking business lol.

I don’t think anyone would take me too seriously if I’m being honest and especially with my mediocre Somali I’d have trouble getting my ideas across.

Maybe in the future when I make more visits to the laascaanood I’ll get more involved in local politics inshallah.

The new mayor is a good young guy. I am sure he wouldn't mind seeing you and sharing ideas. Laascaanood is booming now, there are construction projects on every corner. One of the nations fastest growing cities for sure.

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
I also forgot to mention the people of laascaanood are all waddanis manshallah, you see people wearing Somalia bracelet, even Somalia flag clothes including dirac and shirts.

Here’s a school book I found in my cousin’s room lol:

1B729216-8743-404E-92CA-29A52D600FAF.jpeg

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
So It's All Propaganda In Somaliland Y'all Are Really Wadani
:leon::leon::ohhh:
I wouldn’t say it’s ALL propaganda, this is the general section so I’ll be honest and say there are Somaliland flags here and there. But no where near as much there were in Hargeisa and it’s quite obvious the people here are not as b̶r̶a̶i̶n̶w̶a̶s̶h̶e̶d̶ impassioned about somaliland as they are elsewhere.

Most people here prefer Somalia and only are apart of Somaliland through necessity. Access to services and berbera port are important. There’s really no help coming from Mogadishu.

I wouldn’t say it’s ALL propaganda, this is the general section so I’ll be honest and say there are Somaliland flags here and there. But no where near as much there were in Hargeisa and it’s quite obvious the people here are not as b̶r̶a̶i̶n̶w̶a̶s̶h̶e̶d̶ impassioned about somaliland as they are elsewhere.

Most people here prefer Somalia and only are apart of Somaliland through necessity. Access to services and berbera port are important. There’s really no help coming from Mogadishu.
Do You Think The Dhulos Are Becoming More United
:gaasdrink:

mr steal your naag

banu hashim and shiettt
VIP

How many cities are you gonna go to?

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Do You Think The Dhulos Are Becoming More United
:gaasdrink:
definitely. Laascaanood is a mixing pot of all different dhulbahante subclan.

I can’t say how it is in other cities and towns but laascaanood there’s really not much of a problem.

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
How many cities are you gonna go to?
I’m not sure, I’ll only stay for a while in 3 but I’ll probably briefly visit other cities as well.

I’ll also stay in the miyi for a while and visit my awoowe and hooyo’s tuulo while I’m here in laascaanood.

I’m not staying somalia for long unfortunately but next summer inshallah I’ll stay in more cities for longer.

I’m not sure, I’ll only stay for a while in 3 but I’ll probably briefly visit other cities as well.

I’ll also stay in the miyi for a while and visit my awoowe and hooyo’s tuulo while I’m here in laascaanood.

I’m not staying somalia for long unfortunately but next summer inshallah I’ll stay in more cities for longer.
Horta How's The Weather There Is The Heat Diiferent To The West

It’s the first time in 7 years I’ve been in laascaanood, I got there just a day before my 18th birthday and got to celebrate my birthday there too.

But laascaanood has changed A LOT in those 7 years, in fact when my uncle was driving me home he asked if I could recognize the house, I said of course and when we got there I couldn’t recognize it lol. In my memory our house was a bit away from the city centre and it was on a dirt road. But now not only was the road paved but it was packed with buildings.

Apparently they paved the road 2-3 years after I left, not just that road either they paved all the major roads that go across the city, only the smaller roads that connect them are dirt roads now.

The wifi here is a lot faster than hargeisa, only because our dish is higher here. Another big improvement are sit down toilets lol, I remember last time you had to squat in those toilets but now everywhere has regular toilets.

Also, my awoowe’s company grew immensely. Last time his company only had maybe a hundred employees and were only building houses and other small buildings, now they are building much larger projects.

The biggest problem for Laascaanood is also garbage unsurprisingly. There needs to be a waste management program.

Another problem is recreation imo. It’s too boring here, every infrastructure and business is here because of necessity. We need more soccer fields, festival areas, theatres, and most importantly, chess tournaments kkkk.

As of now I’m really not doing much besides running errands with my uncles and awoowe.

I’m excited for my trip to xamar, our nation’s capital. I know there’ll be more to do there. :salute:
Is your family from lascaanood? The last time I visited there was 11 years ago and from your description it sounds like a lot has changed.

I also forgot to mention the people of laascaanood are all waddanis manshallah, you see people wearing Somalia bracelet, even Somalia flag clothes including dirac and shirts.

Here’s a school book I found in my cousin’s room lol:

View attachment 196605
It may be because there is a massive dhulbahante clan and we’re very wadani, my own parents alhamdullilah always encouraged us to love our country and excluded the practise of qabilism and that we are all one people at the end of the day ♥️

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Is your family from lascaanood? The last time I visited there was 11 years ago and from your description it sounds like a lot has changed.
my mom’s side of the family is from laascaanood yes.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP

Are there Las Anoood Vlogs on Youtube? I am curious to see how Smart the Dhulbahante build their city. @Hot Ballah good to know u r dhulos

Trending

Latest posts