Votes: 2 22.2%
  • buy

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • content with moms basement

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Renting is ideal if you are not attached to America and plan to leave at some point. You give up your freedom to move anywhere you please and become unable to chase your dreams when you sign a contract to buy a house.

If I had enough money to buy a home, I would invest in Somalia instead of buying a house in AMERICA. I work with cadaan guys who own homes, and it is a lot trouble to maintain the house to keep its value and get more for it later. You are owned by the house in a way.

There is no joy for me to sign into a contract like that. Now I can give my money away after rent or invest in something if I want to. Then the idea of packing your stuff and hop on a plane and go somewhere else for better opportunities is very appealing. It is one reason my boss at work can't mess with me :)

He knows am getting calls and e-mails from many institutions that had working relationships with us. They always recruit me to join them and move. Owning a house will make things difficult for me that way. Same with buying a car for 30, 000 dollars and on credit. I buy it through Somali dealers and get a good almost-new car anytime I need to change my car.

Playing smart is the key to survive as a minority in America whose right to life and existence is determined by a majority that can turn on you any day.

This is one Nomad who didn't buy into the bs American dream.

Renting is ideal if you are not attached to America and plan to leave at some point. You give up your freedom to move anywhere you please and become unable to chase your dreams when you sign a contract to buy a house.

If I had enough money to buy a home, I would invest in Somalia instead of buying a house in AMERICA. I work with cadaan guys who own homes, and it is a lot trouble to maintain the house to keep its value and get more for it later. You are owned by the house in a way.

There is no joy for me to sign into a contract like that. Now I can give my money away after rent or invest in something if I want to. Then the idea of packing your stuff and hop on a plane and go somewhere else for better opportunities is very appealing. It is one reason my boss at work can't mess with me :)

He knows am getting calls and e-mails from many institutions that had working relationships with us. They always recruit me to join them and move. Owning a house will make things difficult for me that way. Same with buying a car for 30, 000 dollars and on credit. I buy it through Somali dealers and get a good almost-new car anytime I need to change my car.

Playing smart is the key to survive as a minority in America whose right to life and existence is determined by a majority that can turn on you any day.

This is one Nomad who didn't buy into the bs American dream.

Some of us don’t plan to leave
The American Dream doesn’t exist when you cant afford it :)

Some of us don’t plan to leave
The American Dream doesn’t exist when you cant afford it :)

The dream is an idea out there subjectively defined so people who migrated into America can see themselves as successful along with other Americans. That dream is to buy a house ultimately after hard work(on credit mostly) , drive a nice car, private school for kids and you are a success story. Really?

Guess what? I am smarter and swankier than most AMERICANS, buy my books in pdf files from Canadian bookstores on the cheap( Calculus text book costs $140 at myU BUT I paid $6 for the PDF version which I can download six times as a good example of being steward with your money), Already have a degree and working on another, drive a nice car that meets my needs, rent an expensive area, and I live my life happier without the stress of being owned by the Bank.

As for you staying put in America, that is your limited choice. I do get to travel anywhere I want and feel inclusive. America had been good to me and I don't deny it, but it is just another location on earth inhabited by humans. Plus the world is progressing and amenities can be found if you can afford even in Somalia.

Life is good sweetheart, come join me in the future at some beach in Somalia. I have some use for you. Hope your frontal headlights located below the neck are oversized. I am a sucker for that part.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.