Renewable Energy (Wind/Solar) Development

Khalid Hussein

بسم الله الرحمن الر حيم
Yh but I was saying Lascaanood will be The first city in Somaliland with renewable energy.

Also I heard there are a lot of amxaaro in Jigjiga
Not alot of axmaaros But the maggots named Oromos they stink like cow shit and want sovereignty over Ethnic Somali land

Somaliland is a country.
3211487.gif

There needs to be regulation.

The poor locals get charged for switching electricity companies or even just no longer wanting any service from any company anymore. The penalty can cost hundreds of dollars so they end up just staying put.

The authorities need to ban that practice and prices will end up going down and there will be competition among the dozens of those electricity companies that are out there.

According to the report i posted, the connection speed is faster than many other other sub Saharan countries (incl neighbouring Ethiopia) and the registration/connection cost is cheaper as well. (Pg. 26 figure 5.4)
On the other hand, the cost of electricity in Hargeisa is one of the highest in the world due to a network of inefficient diesel generators being used.

I really hope this solar project is spread throughout somaliland and Somalia as it will easily create and sustain businesses and jobs. Also despite laascanood being near the SL frontier, I'm sure this city can become a centre for job creation especially in light manufacturing due to the low cost of energy.

Somaliland's economy is too relient on livestock exports and the services sector so any diversification of the local/wider economy is good in my books so once again i praise reer laascanood:qri8gs7:

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
Yeah, they go to into farms settle there and claim as theirs. But we Og camel crops come and kick them out. Somaliland is a well-built country compare to Ethiopia.
Which Oromos are this? Oromos are like 40 million people, just a confederation of conquered people who are now assimilated into Oromo culture.

Are they Muslim?

Khalid Hussein

بسم الله الرحمن الر حيم
They some Muslim Oromos but stay in their homeland. But the other Oromos go to our Ethnic Somali Ogaden land in Ethiopia and scramble the whole region like eggs. Even the smallest town near the Broder near Somalia they are Oromos who live there and recently moved there. Oromo Muslims are Good people.

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
They some Muslim Oromos but stay in their homeland. But the other Oromos go to our Ethnic Somali Ogaden land in Ethiopia and scramble the whole region like eggs. Even the smallest town near the Broder near Somalia they are Oromos who live there and recently moved there. Oromo Muslims are Good people.
The afran qallo have mixed Somali/Oromo cultures, they are most likely somalis who became Oromo. They are muslim.

Then you have the arsi oromo who are mostly Muslim. I like them the most to be honest.

Then you have the Borona who are mostly waaqist(pre-Somali religion), but they are similar to Somalis in lifestyle, genetics, culture, language etc. They even dress like Somalis lol:
I am not a fan of those raw meat eating oromos or the nilotics from the west. They are most likely the ones who are trying to steal Somali lands. Also they r the ones who are pushing this oromo nationalism crap.

Khalid Hussein

بسم الله الرحمن الر حيم
Nah man I not close to Oromos man. I look like an Arab more than a Somali. All my Somali friend say to me "Are you Somali bro you look like a Yemeni cuz".
Also My Hometown is 100% Somalis m8. Oromos came like a few years ago which drops to 99.98% I live Mid to South Somali Region of Eithopia, so no Oromos can go through our huge Mountains which have a Crap ton of Rocks.

Those Oromos you talk about are actually the Somalis who live near to the Highland like Harar or Dire Dawa. But I live way far Away.

I hate those stinking raw meat eating vultures, they make me Vomit. I really like Soor and Anno Geel, with a Huge Cooked chuck of Geel shoulder.

Cuz I am Descendant of Daarood, Decendant of Ogaden, Descendant of Reer Cabdulle and Descendant of Ugaas Noor and Descendant of Sheikh Noor Descendant of Sheikh Saeed and Descendant Of Sheikh Xussen and Descendant of Sheikh Muxumed. My Lineage is made up by Sheikhs the last four. My Dad is Sheikh and My Uncle is a Famous Sheikh, His Name Sheikh Ibrahim Maxamed, It actually Muxumed. Maybe I might be the 6th sheikh and 6th Haajji

A new solar plant came into operation in the historic town of Shiikh in October 2017.

Somaliland Beder 2017 (20)-46921eae.jpg

Somaliland Beder 2017 (11).jpg
Somaliland Beder 2017 (19).jpg

Somaliland Beder 2017 (21).JPG

Seems like Beder Electricity (local energy supplier) procured the solar panels themselves, but contracted German-based Dhybrid to install & integrate the battery storage system to the panels.
In October 2017, DHYBRID as the general contractor delivered and installed a turnkey PV hybrid system with a 250 kW lithium-ion battery storage system. The local utility company can now supply 100% of its load with solar energy during the day and shut down the diesel generators completely. This saves over 100,000 liters of fuel and 230 tons of CO2 every year!

The system includes a 200 kWp photovoltaic system in combination with a 265 kWh lithium-ion energy storage. The DHYBRID Universal Power Platform - a comprehensive smart grid control system developed by DHYBRID - takes over the fully automatic and load-dependent control and regulation of all energy sources.
As a result, the optimal utilization of solar energy is always ensured, so that the customer can permanently benefit from the highest possible savings.

http://www.dhybrid.de/en/case/somaliland-sheikh