Remember Instagram xalimo Ugaaso? She has her own fashion line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abkaal

Mudug menaces don't mince their words
Good reminder but dont jump to conclusions with your last statement, nothing wrong in having empathy to those who are struggling.

Being harsh is why people flip flop with the hijab in the first place. You cant force someone to wear it it needs come within themselves through their intention to please Allah swt. Your not a women so you dont understand the struggles of living in the west, definately remind people of good thats great but resorting to insults dosnt get anywhere.

Also, I am confident all the women on this thread will be great mothers in shaa Allah :qri8gs7:

Isn't it worse to acknowledge the Hijab as fardh and not do it? Like you're disobeying Allah repeatedly? How do you live with a conscience like that?

Not calling out some people's terrible Islamic views here is simply promoting a hypocritical view. I am not afraid if what i said would make some people leave Islam i don't care, they weren't muslims to begin with if they only followed it by tradition, I'm doing them a favor of asking their hearts to pick a side. Islam doesn't need you but you need Islam.

Pants are a taboo for Somalis so people are just going to make the skirt as tight as possible. I've also seen the look where folks wear a skirt and show their entire ankle and part of leg.

You will catch more heat wearing a loose pants then the above.

this is soooo true, my parents have more of a problem with loose trousers / jeans than with tight abayas/maxi skirts, well that's what I'm assuming anyway since I'm not brave enough to leave the house with jeans but they made me stop wearing trousers when I reached secondary school

Isn't it worse to acknowledge the Hijab as fardh and not do it? Like you're disobeying Allah repeatedly? How do you live with a conscience like that?

Not calling out some people's terrible Islamic views here is simply promoting a hypocritical view. I am not afraid if what i said would make some people leave Islam i don't care, they weren't muslims to begin with if they only followed it by tradition, I'm doing them a favor of asking their hearts to pick a side. Islam doesn't need you but you need Islam.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Blade1

Ashy Abdi Representative
this is soooo true, my parents have more of a problem with loose trousers / jeans than with tight abayas/maxi skirts, well that's what I'm assuming anyway since I'm not brave enough to leave the house with jeans but they made me stop wearing trousers when I reached secondary school
Somali girls usually wear long jackets and tops so it covers their butt though so it's not that revealing. Other ethnicities that now try to dress like somalis dont cover their butts

Somali girls usually wear long jackets and tops so it covers their butt though so it's not that revealing. Other ethnicities that now try to dress like somalis dont cover their butts

Yeah I always wear a jacket or something to cover my bum, I don't know about other ethnicities tho. I feel like they're more relaxed compared to Somali girls tbh since I almost always see Asian Muslim girls in jeans or something

Blade1

Ashy Abdi Representative
Yeah I always wear a jacket or something to cover my bum, I don't know about other ethnicities tho. I feel like they're more relaxed compared to Somali girls tbh since I almost always see Asian Muslim girls in jeans or something
Yh it's quite recently they dress like somali girls with the skirt, hijab style, that scarf and jacket all somali girls have. And the abayas somalis wear.
Except since they're allowed to wear trousers they don't think about wear a long top or anything since they are more relaxed like you said and to them trousers and this skirt is the same to them so they don't think of covering their back. I see it on the bus and outside all the time the difference when me and my friends dress and them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending