Religious map of Africa in 2010 how much has changed

1689454062036.png

West Africa has the most muslims in Africa it always surprises me how little muslim regions there are In east Africa outside the horn and Swahili coast @Garaad diinle @Hamzza @Garaadka
How much do you guys think has changed since 2010

Last edited:
View attachment 283293

West Africa has the most muslims in Africa it always surprises me how little muslim regions there are In east Africa outside the horn and Swahili coast @Garaad diinle @Hamzza
How much do you guys think has changed since 2010
I dont believe Kanyan data espically when it comes to religious demographics. Official Kenyan data says 85% christian and 15% muslim, highly doubt those figures but also coastal province being christian majority is crazy.

I dont believe Kanyan data espically when it comes to religious demographics. Official Kenyan data says 85% christian and 15% muslim, highly doubt those figures but also coastal province being christian majority is crazy.
I don’t believe it either some sources put it as low as 11 percent but I wouldn’t be surprised if muslims had a higher percentage like around 20 percent I know muslims have a lot of births in Kenya though

Last edited:

Garaad diinle

 
Someone once said "There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen". Can you guess who it was without googling?

Much can change in 13 year but we don't have reliable date to guesstimate the increase of muslim population in east african countries. Kenya claims that muslims make up around 10% of their population. You have uganda with 13% followed by mozambique around 20% and finally tanzania with a whopping a third of their population being muslims.

Of course if you see ethiopia as a non muslim country then i guess that they're around 50% muslim. I already read about some conversion story of many of the native of these countries couple that with a higher birth rate and by 2050 we might see seismic shift big enough to be seen on maps.

There are internal conversion movement in kenya that actively do dawah to various tribes such as the one in the following video.

Someone once said "There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen". Can you guess who it was without googling?

Much can change in 13 year but we don't have reliable date to guesstimate the increase of muslim population in east african countries. Kenya claims that muslims make up around 10% of their population. You have uganda with 13% followed by mozambique around 20% and finally tanzania with a whopping a third of their population being muslims.

Of course if you see ethiopia as a non muslim country then i guess that they're around 50% muslim. I already read about some conversion story of many of the native of these countries couple that with a higher birth rate and by 2050 we might see seismic shift big enough to be seen on maps.

There are internal conversion movement in kenya that actively do dawah to various tribes such as the one in the following video.

Good info so through conversion and birth rates the regions demographics will shift in a few decades

Last edited:

Garaad diinle

 
Good info so through conversion and birth rates the regions demographics will shift in a few decades
I don't know much about west africa but i imagine it's pretty much the same case especially nigeria that is projected to be the second most populace country in the world by 2100 out ranking the usa and china. This by extension would mean that they'll have the largest muslim population in the world.

Islam have been in west africa for a long time in fact the first muslim kingdom was that of the empire of ghana so it's not that surprising to see the robust presence of islam in west africa. Niger is yet another peculiar country. It has the highest fertility rate followed only by somalia. They're projected to be 166 million by 2100. Overall i assume the largest percentage of muslims in the africa would be found in west africa.

Last edited:
I don’t believe it either some sources put it as low as 11 percent but I wouldn’t be surprised if muslims had a higher percentage like around 20 percent I know muslims have a lot of births in Kenya though
Ive been to Kenya a few times all over the country I wouldn't put it bellow 30 percent

GemState

36/21
VIP

Lenin said that

You'd probably join Ethiopia then.

Somalis & Dinka in 1 country :pachah1:

Nah, we would never join Ethiopia based on that alone; Kenya and Uganda are brother Nations and we really should form a confederacy together.

Somalis in Kenya would be part of that, unless they rejoined Somalia.

Nah, we would never join Ethiopia based on that alone; Kenya and Uganda are brother Nations and we really should form a confederacy together.

I agree demographically nilotes are major players in Kenya and Uganda if South Sudan joins they will have the presidency locked up for decades

I agree demographically nilotes are major players in Kenya and Uganda if South Sudan joins they will have the presidency locked up for decades

Exactly, saaxib

It would be of tremendous benefit to South Sudan, especially because it would give us access to the sea in a format that doesn't impose prohibitive expenses.

If or when the EAC is put into full effect, we'll get similar benefits.

Last edited:

The non nilotes majority in Kenya and Uganda will never agree

The non nilotes majority in Kenya and Uganda will never agree

All we need is access to the sea and if the EAC becomes a true customs union, we'll get it that way.

Also, if the EAC is allowed to take proper shape (more Bantu States), we won't be a demographic threat in the slighest.