Religious freedom

Toriye

Sheekhaagu waa kuma?
Simply, what are your thoughts on freedom of religion?
We enjoy freedom of religion in the west and in most developed countries. Generally, we aren't bothered by infidels living alongside us, we all just go about our business not really concerned with what goes on between them and god. The question then is, would we be bothered if it was our own country that guaranteed and afforded people the freedom to practice whichever religion they want to practice? Would it be good for Somali if it were more diverse in beliefs? A religiously tolerant Muslim nation isn't strange or unheard of. For example, the Ottomans and the Mughals enjoyed success in a huge part because they were tolerant of other religions. And it was the intolerance of later Mughal emperors that caused the division and the split between the Hindus and Muslims that exist to this day.

I think it would be good if there were more discussion about this topic
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
share your thoughts, please

Last edited:
Simply, what are your thoughts on freedom of religion?
We enjoy freedom of religion in the west and in most developed countries. Generally, we aren't bothered by infidels living alongside us, we all just go about our business not really concerned with what goes on between them and god. The question then is, would we be bothered if it was our own country that guaranteed and afforded people the freedom to practice whichever religion they want to practice? Would it be good for Somali if it were more diverse in beliefs?

I think it would be good if there were more discussion about this topic
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Having different religions in a region/nation isn’t a problem in Islam. The way Islam conquered most of the world was by conquering in Jihad and ruling. The people converted when they noticed the good manners of muslim people got interessted in the religion and converted by mass.

Now Somali people are divided in Tribes.
It DOESN’T matter if a few persons leave the religion due to not knowing better (not talking about murtads who dedicate their lives to “debunk” Islam”). The Somali identity is tied to Islam the true religion and we must keep it that way. And the job of us muslims is to be the best people of society.
It wouldn’t be good to be a diverse country because Somalia is perfect as it is. Basically all people are muslim. It is not in our in the interest of Islam that people leave the religion. It can NEVER be.
This is a messed up question. We shouldn’t be talking about diversity of religion in a 99% muslim country. We should talk about Dawah in the non Muslim world and conquer them.
Do you think prophet Muhammad saw would appreciate your question? I don’t.

May Allah protect us from immitating the kaafirs.

Also Mexico was pointed out for some reason lol. I only posted it because Somalia was on the list
Don’t post fake information. It is going to start a chain of ignorance. I can see that it was made by cartomission which is a Christian missionary organisation. Of course they put the middle east in. They need to show that the christians are “threatened” by Muslims. Fake on fakefakefake.

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
It's no coincidence that the places where people have the least freedom of expression are the worst places to live. It's very hypocritical of Muslims to be against churches and synagogues in their countries but fine with it in non-Muslim countries. I am afraid they have not reconciled this hypocrisy yet.

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
Don’t post fake information. It is going to start a chain of ignorance. I can see that it was made by cartomission which is a Christian missionary organisation. Of course they put the middle east in. They need to show that the christians are “threatened” by Muslims. Fake on fakefakefake.
Are Somali Christians not threatened by others in Somalia? Can a Somali be a Christian in Somalia?

Are Somali Christians not threatened by others in Somalia? Can a Somali be a Christian in Somalia?
The Somalia part is probably true since we Somalis are fucked up. I just saw the post of that gay guy. I don’t think the Prophet saw would be happy with how we treated him. However. Eritrea, Ethiopia, Turkey, Algeria and Syria is definetly false.

Having different religions in a region/nation isn’t a problem in Islam. The way Islam conquered most of the world was by conquering in Jihad and ruling. The people converted when they noticed the good manners of muslim people got interessted in the religion and converted by mass.

It DOESN’T matter if a few persons leave the religion due to not knowing better (not talking about murtads who dedicate their lives to “debunk” Islam”). The Somali identity is tied to Islam the true religion and we must keep it that way. And the job of us muslims is to be the best people of society.
It wouldn’t be good to be a diverse country because Somalia is perfect as it is. Basically all people are muslim. It is not in our in the interest of Islam that people leave the religion. It can NEVER be.
This is a messed up question. We shouldn’t be talking about diversity of religion in a 99% muslim country. We should talk about Dawah in the non Muslim world and conquer them.

Be honest, most people were pressured if not forced to convert during jihad. Zoroastrians got wiped out, Hindus in India were treated like sub humans during their time of the sultanate,Buddhists persecuted under the khanate, etc etc

Countries with more than 1 state religion are a fucking mess. Look no further than Nigeria and India.

Constant religious turmoil and war between them. Hindus killing Muslims, Muslims killing Hindus, Christians killing Muslims, Muslims killing Christian, all of this just because of their different religions

Toriye

Sheekhaagu waa kuma?
We need to get off that map

This is a problem "The Somali identity is tied to Islam the true religion and we must keep it that way."

They're two separate identities, one is a culture/traditions that have persisted to this day, the other is an identity that is given to anyone based on their religion. Islam does not define Somalinimo, it is a religion, a belief that people chose to adhere to.

"It is not in our in the interest of Islam that people leave the religion."

I am saying that people shouldn't be prosecuted for their religious beliefs.

We should allow religious freedom. Forcing Islam and banning other religions is just gonna cause more people leaving and opens doors to religious nutheads influencing the education system, making your population as dumb as a mule...just like most Arab countries. The Saudis and their neighbours are only rich now, but they were illiterate nomads b4 the oil came in

Medulla

Bah Qabiil Fluid
It's no coincidence that the places where people have the least freedom of expression are the worst places to live. It's very hypocritical of Muslims to be against churches and synagogues in their countries but fine with it in non-Muslim countries. I am afraid they have not reconciled this hypocrisy yet.

This is main issue here, how can you been angry or annoyed at cadaans who want to remove mosques and forbid islamic classes if you are advocating for them same thing back home.

:gucciwhat:

Medulla

Bah Qabiil Fluid
We a little big on hypocrisy lmao :deadpeter:

I am sure some people aren't aware of their hyporcrisy or something cause it's crazy how can you not see your alienating non-muslims with your words and actions. Do you ever want them to convert? Or is this some kind of game

Medulla

Bah Qabiil Fluid
The truth is some people have weak iman and the slight questioning of their belief makes them crumble. They want to hide everything so they don't have any doubts. Doubts and questioning the deen is fine go look for answers hiding shit and banning doesn't deal with the issue it's dumb.

Like @Gyro said this is how you lose people and how a lot of people leave the deen. You are just left with crackheads and convicts spreading their hatred as if it is the word of Allah. We gotta just debate with people honestly if you believe Islam is the true religion just talk. Why you backing out unless the person is a troll you don't have too, but if its someone curious why act insane.

Last edited:

Trending