Registered voters per region in somaliweyn

Yup the whole system in Ethiopia is corrupted but your right what would they gain by inflating Somali numbers
They rather understimate than report the actual numbers let alone inflating somali numbers, I went there sometime back and its more densely populated than we think especially the western corner, there are farms and multiple mid sized settlement all along the way and not an empty lands like in waqooyi and bari

If its not the habeshi's constant aggression and displacement they would've been 20 millions by now, qoloji alone is hosting hundreds of thousands of displaced somalis

You are on the right track. Always use Kenyan and Ethiopian data to get a better understanding of Somalia. When I see a data point for Somalia that seems suspicious, I immediatly look up if NFD and DDS arr within that ballpark. Usually the figures are very close.

ps. I would not trust Somaliland voter turnout figures. https://www.somalispot.com/threads/somalilands-very-stable-democracy.116783/

I would agree with Kenya but not Ethiopia. When they had their elections many candidates had similar number of extremely high votes, even Isaaq areas which isn't possible. Kenya have always feared Somalis high fertility rates but they're more trustworthy than Ethiopia which shamelessly throw unimaginable numbers. Apparently Garxajis cast more vote in Gashamo than whole of their population in Somaliland.

Also Somaliland and Puntland used the same system. Maroodi Jeex (Hargeisa & Gabiely districts) had more registered voters than entirety of Puntland. Lol

They rather understimate than report the actual numbers let alone inflating somali numbers, I went there sometime back and its more densely populated than we think especially the western corner, there are farms and multiple mid sized settlement all along the way and not an empty lands like in waqooyi and bari

If its not the habeshi's constant aggression and displacement they would've been 20 millions by now, qoloji alone is hosting hundreds of thousands of displaced somalis
Facts it’s more densely populated then northern and central Somalia especially agricultural areas like faafan

I would agree with Kenya but not Ethiopia. When they had their elections many candidates had similar number of extremely high votes, even Isaaq areas which isn't possible. Kenya have always feared Somalis high fertility rates but they're more trustworthy than Ethiopia which shamelessly throw unimaginable numbers. Apparently Garxajis cast more vote in Gashamo than whole of their population in Somaliland.

Also Somaliland and Puntland used the same system. Maroodi Jeex (Hargeisa & Gabiely districts) had more registered voters than entirety of Puntland. Lol
You confusing registration with casting votes, Voting was an absolute joke but the registration seems legit, why would someone register more than once

You confusing registration with casting votes, Voting was an absolute joke but the registration seems legit, why would someone register more than once
I don't remember the exact numbers but if the cast is ridiculously high that what makes registration any more valid? Metrics are off the charts.

1711719538582.png

PL voters by province very interesting

I don't remember the exact numbers but if the cast is ridiculously high that what makes registration any more valid? Metrics are off the charts.
They just printed millions of voting papers out of thin air, you think the number of registration would've been less 4 million when the vote of a single district like awaare was 300K, that means jarar alone might have casted 1.4 million votes😂😂😂

Bogus election doesn't necessarily mean registration was off records as well

Largest Districts in Somaliland:

1- Hargiesa: 290k
2- Burco: 160k
3- Borama: 90k
4- Berbera: 83k
5- Gabiely: 76k
6- Ceerigaabo 65k
7- Lascanood 53k
8- Caynaba 36k
9- Oodweyn 33k
10- Saylac. 23k
11- C.Afweyne 20k
12- Baki 18k
13- Bali Gubadle 17k
14- Salalxly. 16k
15- Sheekh. 15k
16- Lughaya. 15k
17- Garadag 14k
18- Buuhoodle. 12k
19- Taleex. 7k
20- Badhan. 7k
21- Xudun. 7k
22- Dahar. 3k

Total +1 million registered.

Gemstone

Sincerity is a dangerous thing.
Now that I think about it, yeah it seems to be like you said. Ethiopians allocate seats based on registered voters, so in the eyes of the central government it doesn't matter how many times you cast your vote nor the corruption levels on the ground matter to Arat Kilo.

Federal projects are built and funded by Addis Abeba also the top officials of Somali kilil are appointed from Addis Abeba as well. When you take into account how two Zones of Oromia have more seats than the whole Somali region and add the fact that Ethiopia is being administered by a single party, the end product pretty much eliminates Somalis as a threat to the central authority. It seems to me that the Ethiopian system is very efficient in keeping the fringe ethnicities in check without firing a single shot.

Addis Abeba has only one incentive and that is to downplay the number of registered voters. Any ideas how they could accomplish that? What is the process of getting registered in Ethiopia?

What I gather from all this is that fierce competition between Somalis is pretty much encouraged. Kebeles that get cheated out are left begrudged and ripe for exploitation by the predatory expansionism of Oromia. Divide and conquer, and divide again to keep the gains, is the name of the game.

Gemstone

Sincerity is a dangerous thing.
Yeah I checked NFD numbers right away to get a good gage of how many voters each Somali region could produce
I came across this map while I was digging through Kenyan census.
Kenya_population_distribution N.jpg

Kenya has three major population cores.
  1. Highlands around Nairobi
  2. Great lakes
  3. Swahili coast
If Somalis in Garissa county urbanise on the banks of Tana they could form fourth core with The Oromos in Tana county.

Reborn

You shouldn't waste your breath on him.

He's been pushing fake agendas since the early 2010's on another Somali forum :chrisfreshhah:

Reborn
PL didn't include Laasqoray district which is a shame
It was part of the election with less than 200 votes.

If all the political parties participated (10 candidates per party), then at least 50% of registered voters would have been candidates......

It's been more than a year since the election, so do you know who the mayor and councillors are for Laasqoray?
1711737027688.jpeg

It was part of the election with less than 200 votes.

If all the political parties participate (10 candidates per party), then atleast 50% of registered voters will be candidates......

It's been more than a year since the election, so do you know who the mayor and councillors are for Laasqoray?
View attachment 322327
Town not calmadow most of LQ live in the mountains Milxo, Xabaasha wacle, Mash Xaleed , Ulxeed etc

Reborn
Town not calmadow most of calmadow live in the mountains Milxo, Xabaasha wacle, Mash Xaleed , Ulxeed etc

With the list I shared, do you know the polling station locations?

It's hard to reach such areas, given the current infrastructure. Do those areas even get any government or NGO reach?

Reborn
Yeah Its 1 xaafad polling station in LQ not a good representative

Theres also no golaha degan in LQ which shows tpec negligence,Laasqoray probably has more people than Badhan miyi since its older

Below are the rest of the demos in Sanaag if you are interested. Ceeloyo/Badhan might cover some of the towns you might have been thinking about.

1711737739924.jpeg

Trending

Latest posts